Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge..........

+29
Husky
monty
SurfChick
fishincrazy
Gremlin
old man
fishnh
NeedFish
BigRock
BIG M
Sephus3
first2wins
black talon
bennyraw
smitty
Doc Popper
FJR
etch
joesfishinproblem
Kevnmary
fishinbubs
fish factor
rebelmusicnp
REDBASS
Oldsalts
Smoke
eurojett05
Minivin5
skippy
33 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge..........

Post  black talon 7/5/2009, 5:52 pm

nice job Skip. 8)

the things you can do with frisket is endless guys

black talon

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge..........

Post  FJR 7/6/2009, 9:39 am

Well ,I need to go shopping for some supplies, did not know anything about frisket, can't wait to try it. Luck has it, I happen to have a bomber in chicken scratch. Will start on my version soon. Can't wait to see what Keith has in store !!!!! This is fun cheers cheers cheers
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  BIG M 7/6/2009, 11:48 am

Nice job on the tutorial Skip. You make stenciles look easy but I still hate stenciles.

BIG M

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 Empty they are not easy.....

Post  skippy 7/6/2009, 1:02 pm

BIG M wrote:Nice job on the tutorial Skip. You make stenciles look easy but I still hate stenciles.
but the candle helps for sure :study: hoping you do the scratch on one of your tubbys, :shock:

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post  BIG M 7/6/2009, 3:14 pm

I'm going to tackle this pattern for sure and on a Fat Boy just for you.

BIG M

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 7/6/2009, 4:13 pm

BIG M wrote:I'm going to tackle this pattern for sure and on a Fat Boy just for you.

This is exciting, I can not wait to see a Chicken Scratch Fat Boy!! Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 962367
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 7/8/2009, 3:04 pm

This is my first attempt of a Chicken Scratch, I need to refine the black pattern part. By Saturday night i will have something much better :study:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  skippy 7/8/2009, 3:08 pm

Minivin5 wrote:This is my first attempt of a Chicken Scratch, I need to refine the black pattern part. By Saturday night i will have something much better :study:

Man, I do not want to say that I underestimated you, but that thing is friggin awesome,
truley a top shelf job :study: I keep going back to look at it, Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 962367 wow...

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 7/8/2009, 3:16 pm

Thanks Skippy, but like I said the one for Saturday will be much better, this one was all free hand. I need to come up with a dot templet :study:
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  BIG M 7/8/2009, 3:27 pm

Vin,

That is a very good looking paint pattern. I hope my free hand version looks that nice.

BIG M

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 Empty not temp.....

Post  skippy 7/8/2009, 3:31 pm

Minivin5 wrote:Thanks Skippy, but like I said the one for Saturday will be much better, this one was all free hand. I need to come up with a dot templet :study:
epoxy the plug plain yellow, then hand paint a body line a dozen times , washing it off each time, till you get one that you do not want to wash off, this is a brush lesson that you can erase, I suggest the letters minivin as the body line Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 56958

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 7/8/2009, 3:43 pm

BIG M wrote:Vin,

That is a very good looking paint pattern. I hope my free hand version looks that nice.

Thanks BIG M !

I used the smallest drill bit I could find, dipped the back of it in black and used it like a stamp.

Last edited by Minivin5 on 7/8/2009, 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 7/8/2009, 3:45 pm

skippy wrote:
Minivin5 wrote:Thanks Skippy, but like I said the one for Saturday will be much better, this one was all free hand. I need to come up with a dot templet :study:
epoxy the plug plain yellow, then hand paint a body line a dozen times , washing it off each time, till you get one that you do not want to wash off, this is a brush lesson that you can erase, I suggest the letters minivin as the body line Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 56958

Skippy I might just do that ( the Minvin part) :idea:
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 7/8/2009, 9:56 pm

Here it is all dressed up:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  BIG M 7/9/2009, 12:42 am

That is a very fine hand painted bait Vin, the 2nd pic is outstanding and really shows off your work. I don't think I'll equal that with the airbrush. I repainted 1 twice tonight trying to copy that crazy pattern.

BIG M

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 7/9/2009, 7:24 am

Looks good Vin. Wish mine came out that good. The gill work came out excellent, you must be good with a knife lol !!!! Did mine with a mike fixter look !!
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyraw 7/9/2009, 11:06 pm

Definitely a pattern I've been tempted to try, thanks for the push.

bennyraw

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 Empty sweet benny......

Post  skippy 7/9/2009, 11:59 pm

bennyraw wrote:Definitely a pattern I've been tempted to try, thanks for the push.
I am trying to get another done before I leave tomorrow, yours gives me the idea of
maybe some flame fins :study: can not wait to see the rest of it, what goes on the ass?

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  BIG M 7/10/2009, 12:28 am

Benny, that is a good looking twist on that pattern. I really like the more natural looking base color. Skip, I've got mine turning on the drying wheel right now. I will post a pic tomorrow night.

BIG M

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyraw 7/10/2009, 9:29 am

Just a tally style tail going on the rear end.

bennyraw

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 7/10/2009, 9:58 am

Benny that Tally is sweet bro!! Love the scratched lines Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 962367
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  BIG M 7/10/2009, 6:32 pm

Here are my attempts at the Chicken Scratch 1 fat boy wake bait and lucky craft inspired bait. I had to cheat and make a stencil.

BIG M

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 Empty super job....

Post  skippy 7/10/2009, 7:52 pm

BIG M wrote:Here are my attempts at the Chicken Scratch 1 fat boy wake bait and lucky craft inspired bait. I had to cheat and make a stencil.

I got to have one of those :study: Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 218105 Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 560155

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 7/10/2009, 9:08 pm

Big M I would say you have a great grasp on Chicken Scratch, outstanding paint job Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 3 962367

My plug is flashing right now, man I can not wait to fish this plug.
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyraw 7/10/2009, 11:48 pm

Those are really nice looking, they look like they'll swim great.

bennyraw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next