Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge..........

+29
Husky
monty
SurfChick
fishincrazy
Gremlin
old man
fishnh
NeedFish
BigRock
BIG M
Sephus3
first2wins
black talon
bennyraw
smitty
Doc Popper
FJR
etch
joesfishinproblem
Kevnmary
fishinbubs
fish factor
rebelmusicnp
REDBASS
Oldsalts
Smoke
eurojett05
Minivin5
skippy
33 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge..........

Post  bennyraw 6/19/2009, 7:15 pm

Kevnmary wrote:I don't know if you're going to get Benny. I tried to get him here before I got kicked off. He's the person who called me out for sending PMs about SBO, I hope he's not the one who told Timmy. :affraid:

Hey Skip I'm in for sure, and thanks for thinking of me. Today was the first time I saw anything from you, I would have been bummed if I missed this.

I wouldn't say I called you out Kev, I just didn't think you were going about things the right way, and I felt I should let you know. In all honesty, your solicitation kind of put me off from coming over here, but I'm over it now Very Happy

bennyraw

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 Empty thats what I am talking about.....

Post  skippy 6/19/2009, 7:40 pm

bennyraw wrote:
Kevnmary wrote:I don't know if you're going to get Benny. I tried to get him here before I got kicked off. He's the person who called me out for sending PMs about SBO, I hope he's not the one who told Timmy. :affraid:

Hey Skip I'm in for sure, and thanks for thinking of me. Today was the first time I saw anything from you, I would have been bummed if I missed this.

I wouldn't say I called you out Kev, I just didn't think you were going about things the right way, and I felt I should let you know. In all honesty, your solicitation kind of put me off from coming over here, but I'm over it now Very Happy
however we arrived here it is done, I just wanted the ten guys I had originally contacted about the build to stay intact, kev is passionate, and benny is straight up, there is a lot of common ground between both these fine gentlemen, I am sure some will be discovered here. Thanks for coming benny, thanks for inviting him kev Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 622665

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 Empty update..update

Post  skippy 6/19/2009, 8:54 pm

skippy wrote:update
skippy wrote:I have not got the order straight yet, and have also added the lurebuilding forum leader, minivin, and the site owner smitty to close it out, but so far this is where we stand
1.skippy
2. etch
3.Black Talon
4.big rock
5.husky
6fat fingers
7.Black Label
8.Sephus
9.Benny raw
10.rowhunter
11. minivin
12.smitty
I am still hoping to hear from the one unconfirmed, my contact information is being held captive on another site,it would be smart of you guys to back up your own. I hope they have got my mails, but if anyone talks to them please bring it up. thanks, skippy,

skippy

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge..........

Post  Kevnmary 6/19/2009, 10:03 pm

bennyraw wrote:

Nice to have you Benny! Your warning was quite prophetic, the next day I was banned for life! And quite honestly I'm not too upset about it. Welcome to SBO, stay awhile and tell some of the good guys about us.!

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 742713 Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 742713
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  black talon 6/20/2009, 11:13 am

welcome to the darkside Benny :twisted: its good to have you here

black talon

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post  fishinbubs 6/21/2009, 11:42 am

Welcome Benny!! You'll find alot of familiar names and alot of good people here also! Kev I'm sorry you got the Ultimate Wave!! bubs

fishinbubs

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  first2wins 6/27/2009, 9:18 pm

This is going to be good.

When the surf chats start is there any way we can get that copied and posted in its own thread each week. I know it will be tough to participate in the chat come the end of august and I don’t want to miss all the good stuff. I mean ball busting.
first2wins
first2wins

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post  skippy 6/27/2009, 10:43 pm

first2wins wrote:This is going to be good.

When the surf chats start is there any way we can get that copied and posted in its own thread each week. I know it will be tough to participate in the chat come the end of august and I don’t want to miss all the good stuff. I mean ball busting.
Got it all worked out buddy, just say you are going to participate
in the first weeks paint, I have chosen a pretty cool scheme, and I am
going to show you how to lay it down, this plug is the nutz around the
crab moons" hint" Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 742713 Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 218105

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 7/1/2009, 9:54 am

Looking forward to these chats. They are starting this Sat nite 10 pm 7/04, right ????
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 Empty I will post the first challenge on fourth of july.....

Post  skippy 7/1/2009, 4:46 pm

FJR wrote:Looking forward to these chats. They are starting this Sat nite 10 pm 7/04, right ????
4th of july I am going to do a demo, and draw numbers to establish our batting order, it is a holiday weekend and I do not expect everyone to make the chat, but everything will be in post, you guys will have a couple of weeks to complete the first one.
When I get back from the vinyard on the 25th we will post our results for the week 1
challenge, and the next artist will give us our next challenge, along with a demo on how
they do it Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 218105

skippy

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 Empty SAT. NIGHT SURF CHAT, week 1 fourth of july...

Post  skippy 7/4/2009, 12:18 pm

At 10.oclock I will post the first weeks demonstration due on the
25th, and also select our next demo artist.
Have a great and safe fourth of july. thanks skippy

Lesson 1, week 1.........

Okay, first a little about the plug, I chose the chicken scratch, I love this scheme Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 870783
I do not know, or question why, it works best around the moons, :study: all the fish
I catch with this plug are loaded up with crabs :affraid:

Here we go, one of the most important tools I have as an airbrush
artist is my retack, most commonly called "FRISKET FILM"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I am going to introduce you to it very simply, but I want you to realize :study:
there is no limits as to what you can do with this stuff,skulls, flames, fish profiles,your knife skills
are your only limitation :suspect: and that is a very short curve.

First cut you a piece a little larger then what you are wanting to duplicate.
Next apply it right over the design, even on computer screens, magazines, or
even a fishing plug confused
trace the part you are wanting to stencil, I love the gelpen for this, or
a very good sharpie.
A new blade is the key to cutting out your stencil.
If your stencil has any roughness, you can pass the exacto blade over a candle
to do some mold work.
The paint scheme starts out with a plain white plug, then it is painted
yellow leaving only the belly white.

AFTER, the paint has been allowed to dry, you can place your stencil, it is self tacking,
and requires hardly any pressure, remember one quick blow, and it is off to the other side,
you can reapply this tape a hundred times, so put it back on your backing and
label it for future use.
Now for the body line, I am going to pick up a paintbrush and
put me one in there, I am hoping you will do the same, or maybe you
want to try out some more of your new stencil skills :suspect:
Some guys will foil, some guys will net, some will dubb, and shade
I am hoping some will come up with their own unique something, please
just have fun with the challenge.
Post your final product here, and we will meet on the 25th surfchat for
our next challenge, presented by ? Find out tonight at ten, when we choose
numbers for the batting order :study:

Last edited by skippy on 7/4/2009, 7:43 pm; edited 15 times in total

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 7/4/2009, 12:20 pm

sweet....looking forward to it
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 7/4/2009, 1:22 pm

Planning on being online, hope I can stay awake lol!
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 7/4/2009, 2:34 pm

Another great stuff to look forward to. Thanks Skippy. Happy 4th of July.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 7/4/2009, 4:27 pm

WOW, I've learned something already thanks Skip cheers
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 Empty is it ten yet?

Post  skippy 7/4/2009, 8:24 pm

soon we will know :study:

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 7/4/2009, 8:46 pm

skippy wrote:soon we will know :study:

Skippy looking forward to learning lots in this great format.... Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 870783

I love the Hat and thanks for posting it ,.....Now what do i need to do to get one,,??????....

Tight Lines

O Salts

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 218105
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyraw 7/4/2009, 8:52 pm

I've been playing with Frisket alot lately. Lets just say...I've been doing it the hard way :suspect:

Thanks for yet another lesson Skip, I really can't express how much you've done for me as a builder.
:you da man:

Do we all get a hat? Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 870783 :)

bennyraw

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 7/4/2009, 9:16 pm

Sweet!!! I can not believe this is actually happening!! Skippy and Smitty and the rest of SBO's great builders and artisans THANK YOU!!!

BTW Skippy you taking orders for those hats?? I want one :.......:
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 7/4/2009, 10:02 pm

I SEE I LEARNED SOMETHING NEW ALREADY. TY. :idea:
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 7/4/2009, 10:07 pm

awesome tut on the plug and frisket skippy, your a damn good man for sharing, and starting this :you da man: :you da man: Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 560155 Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 560155 , i dont know why but that hat mad looks like i have seen it somewhere before???? :??????: Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 56958 Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 56958 i am going to have to order one now :idea:

Etch :.......:
etch
etch

Number of posts : 1193

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/Etch-Custom-Lures-h2.htm

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 Empty week two will be.....

Post  skippy 7/4/2009, 10:49 pm

aug. 25th, 10pm surfchat, week 2 done by Black Talon, I will get with keith to make
sure his thread is exactly as he wants and here is the rest of the order......
I also want to thank the rest of the artist for givin up their time, I am so excited to see
these guys, and everyones entries in our weekly challenge. thanks again, skippy

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 7/5/2009, 11:57 am

THAT IS ONE OUTSTANDING LOST OF BUILDERS. THERE WILL BE A LOT OF TIPS PICKED UP IM SURE. CANT WAIT TOO SEE THE NEXT ONE. cheers
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 Empty Great job skip

Post  Sephus3 7/5/2009, 1:15 pm

Very nice tutorial skippy! very excited to do mine, already in the works!!!!

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 92223 Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 92223 Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 92223

This will be a very educational and enjoyable venture. Can't wait to learn :study:
Sephus3
Sephus3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 Empty Thanks bro,,,,,

Post  skippy 7/5/2009, 1:25 pm

Sephus3 wrote:Very nice tutorial skippy! very excited to do mine, already in the works!!!!

Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 92223 Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 92223 Sat. Night Surf Chat. all-star challenge.......... - Page 2 92223

This will be a very educational and enjoyable venture. Can't wait to learn :study:
thanks everyone, I am looking forward to every single week of these demos :study: anyone talk to Talon?

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next