Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FISHING REPORTS... from the Back:

+23
anthonycapy
akozols
holymackeral
CatasTrophy
joesfishingproblemsdad
cardoc765
Kevnmary
stevel
mikeybonz
fish factor
jhenry
joesfishinproblem
jettyjunkie
naspinsz
fishpro
AKScuba
Smoke
rebelmusicnp
asbury guy
technologist
Rick..stillcasting
REDBASS
fishincrazy
27 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FISHING REPORTS...  from the Back: - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHING REPORTS... from the Back:

Post  rebelmusicnp 7/17/2009, 2:51 am

couple of bass and a couple of shad tonight. three fish on the new rain fish teaser i am doing and one bass on a vision rain fish bait w/ #2 hook and no weight. they were harder to fool tonight and set up in a different feeding situation. final stop was loaded with mosquitoes and the lightning show just to our south provided good effects.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

FISHING REPORTS...  from the Back: - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHING REPORTS... from the Back:

Post  Rick..stillcasting 7/19/2009, 10:59 am

went out in the yak this morning targeting fluke,, manasquan river,,caught 8,, just one at 19.Yipppeee my first keeper!

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 7/19/2009, 11:21 am

i told that fluke it was your birthday today! nice job rick. batter and fry a couple for me later on.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 7/19/2009, 9:42 pm

wow gotta get me a yak good job :..............
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 7/21/2009, 1:32 am

lost about 7-9 fish tonight. seriously felt like i was not using hooks out there. tried every different hookset from the firm to the slow sweep of the rod tip while reeling. switched teasers and leadheads in case there were hook issues. the story i am sticking to is that they were big weakfish and the hooks were pulling out Very Happy
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 7/21/2009, 8:55 am

man that stinks better luck next time FISHING REPORTS...  from the Back: - Page 3 870783
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 7/21/2009, 8:56 am

hey rebel did you land any
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 7/21/2009, 10:30 am

do u need my help tonight homes FISHING REPORTS...  from the Back: - Page 3 870783 jfp
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 7/21/2009, 11:17 am

rebelmusicnp wrote:lost about 7-9 fish tonight. seriously felt like i was not using hooks out there. tried every different hookset from the firm to the slow sweep of the rod tip while reeling. switched teasers and leadheads in case there were hook issues. the story i am sticking to is that they were big weakfish and the hooks were pulling out Very Happy

SURE They wern't big clumps of grass???? :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: FISHING REPORTS...  from the Back: - Page 3 56958 FISHING REPORTS...  from the Back: - Page 3 56958

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 7/22/2009, 2:09 am

six bass tonight with one fish being a keeper. all swam off in great shape. two fish went for a sardine colored gulp sandeel on a 1/4oz red leadhead. had dozens of short strikes so i cut the gulp down a little and hooked up. all other fish took the small rainfish teaser i have been tying. fish were finicky like last night but seemed to take if allowed to repeatedly hit. it felt like fluke fishing. the largest fish really gave me a run for the money on light tackle. fished hour of incoming, slack, and hour of outgoing. fish were still biting as i called it a night.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 7/22/2009, 9:22 am

hey rebel are you fishing the shrewsbury? well good job anyway
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 7/22/2009, 12:04 pm

fish factor wrote:hey rebel are you fishing the shrewsbury? well good job anyway

no i am not. haven't been up that way since the bluefish invasion in early spring!
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 8/6/2009, 12:47 pm

haven't posted in awhile even though fish are being caught. bucktailed a bass couple nights ago with rickstillcasting...we also got a big shad apiece. this was after a decent time plugging the beach. last night fished the back for about seven fluke and LOADS of large hickory shad. also watched a pod of bunker the size of a football field drift past with the outgoing tide. ended the night closer to home but the water was too calm and bright with the moon. saw one bass pop by my feet....probably just saying hello.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 8/6/2009, 1:09 pm

hey reb are the shad in the surf or in the backbays?
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 8/6/2009, 8:10 pm

i saw fish breaking on the beach that seemed like shad today. the inlets have been LOADED with shad lately. the farther back i go the less i see of them.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 8/6/2009, 8:20 pm

havent fished that much down there do the bass or blues feed
on the shad???
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 8/6/2009, 8:21 pm

or do sharks feed on the shad as well
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 8/7/2009, 11:30 pm

hit the inlet just after sunrise today. worked the back all the way up to the tip on both sides. casted a bucktail with gulp/squid strip and lost a few short hits. switched over for blackfish and found them either absent or not on the bite. hit another spot on a stage of tide that's not my favorite. ended up with one fish just at the keeper size on the last piece of greenie i had. fish swam for another day.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 8/7/2009, 11:46 pm

man rebel thats good eats with a nice blackbean sauce :twisted:
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 8/27/2009, 10:59 pm

tons of fluke today that were just short then headed into the back to get tons of blackfish that were half inch short. story of the day: "SHORT". fluke were caught on a dropper rig with chart. gulp and snapper strips and blackfish on green crab/clam combo. 20+ fish day on both sides. good fun and man there are some schools of bait around. saw what looked like peanuts drifting out inlet.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 8/28/2009, 2:14 am

rebelmusicnp wrote:tons of fluke today that were just short then headed into the back to get tons of blackfish that were half inch short. story of the day: "SHORT". fluke were caught on a dropper rig with chart. gulp and snapper strips and blackfish on green crab/clam combo. 20+ fish day on both sides. good fun and man there are some schools of bait around. saw what looked like peanuts drifting out inlet.

Jon we need a dirary from you!!!!Exploits of Artie and fartie the Jon and Rick saga!!!!Oh wait he's in love!!!!!!
Get it done now soon OOO soon the night will be poopy diapers and feedings!!!!

FC FISHING REPORTS...  from the Back: - Page 3 56958 FISHING REPORTS...  from the Back: - Page 3 56958 FISHING REPORTS...  from the Back: - Page 3 56958 FISHING REPORTS...  from the Back: - Page 3 56958 FISHING REPORTS...  from the Back: - Page 3 56958

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 8/28/2009, 2:42 pm

hit the inlet again today. it's just paved with fluke so if you are looking for fun just go do it. my first live snapper was inhaled by a fish that had me looking at "man i think that's 18" " for too long. some nice fish but none for lunch. ended the afternoon helping a guy land a cownose ray. could tell he didn't know too much and was happy for the assistance. ray took a snapper blue on the bottom as well. surf looks great if it were a couple months later in the year. would be full of sandeels.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 12/31/2009, 11:26 am

thought I would post a report from the bay,, fished an hour last night,, trying for that last fish before the inlets/bay close for 2 months.
didn't catch a bump.. one more try tonight, maybe
when does the spring run return? dah

Rick..stillcasting

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 12/31/2009, 7:15 pm

i also didn't catch anything in the back last night. i think my fishing partner was bad luck!!!! did enjoy a nice cold one with a "here's to the future catching" cheers in the cold dark air though!
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 3/1/2010, 7:10 pm

MARCH 1st,, the bay and inlet is open,, good luck to all .. play safe.. I bet Asbury Guy is the first to catch in the back..The ocean was 37.8F today.. This winter has been,,, too long!

Rick..stillcasting

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next