Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FISHING REPORTS

+37
night tides
Rapidfflow0
tom1276
technologist
rocstar21
dozer 277
echopeus
Sic wit it
naspinsz
surfratiam
stevel
vietvet
Freddy 4mcola
Bluesfish
RhinoScores
joesfishinproblem
stilltryn
fishpro
rebelmusicnp
Rick..stillcasting
anthonycapy
bucknbasspole
Bobes
asbury guy
AKScuba
Kevnmary
Smoke
jettyjunkie
BrianM38
fishincrazy
Baitlobber
Wentfishn47
gull chaser
REDBASS
Oldsalts
mikeybonz
smitty
41 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 Empty Re: FISHING REPORTS

Post  rebelmusicnp 6/30/2009, 9:03 am

hit the beach a little before sunrise. tossed a yellow super strike popper and yellow sand eel teaser. caught bluefish, hickory shad, and a bass just under keeper size. switched over to a bucktail to see if i could find a fluke to round out my catch and tied into a 4-5' stingray for a little over a half hour. came up behind a decent wave with the sun shining through from behind and got a good "holy @#%$" out loud from me on a deserted beach. joefishingproblem shows up with a gaff and proceeds to set up his stuff instead of helping (kidding joe). fish was getting tired so i started to horse it in a little more and saw the tail come across my braid and that was all she wrote. glad it got off when it did though since getting it back in would have been tough.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 6/30/2009, 1:24 pm

i looked like i was on baywatch running down the beach to you david hashoff lol its was friggin huge i would guess about 60 pounds or more FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 870783
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 7/8/2009, 1:20 am

hit somonco tonight on some rock piles that always produce in the summer months. water temp really felt like it dropped a lot and the surf looked great for plugging. missed a nice fish last night in lake calm and warm water conditions so tonight looked even more promising. had a few hits and finally connected with a bass that went 34" on the fillet table. fish took a mag darter so deep that only leader was visible. on the way out i met up with someone who was loading a 43" fish into their truck. he also claimed to have had a short. beautiful looking fish. stomach contents were about two dozen crabs (calico and small crabs that resembled tiny green crabs)
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobes 7/13/2009, 10:43 am

Late report from Saturday night. NoMoCo got one bass at 23" on a blurple bomber/chartruese teaser combo. Fish hit the teaser. I missed him twice before, third time I sunk the hook. Right after that I got chased off the beach by lightning, thunder and rain. I tried to wait out the storm in the car, but no luck. Was hoping for a better outing, but at least I got rid of the skunk.

Bobes

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post  anthonycapy 9/5/2009, 10:21 am

fished nomoco 2 to 6am nada Sleep
anthonycapy
anthonycapy

Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post  anthonycapy 9/7/2009, 2:22 pm

fished outback lastnigth dirty windy=nothing
anthonycapy
anthonycapy

Back to top Go down

FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 Empty Late report from last Tuesday

Post  RhinoScores 9/28/2009, 8:56 am

NoMOCo beach - fishing from twighlight to 8:30 a.m. in between about 8 other guys in a block area. I landed 3 fluke (16, 19, 24), two bass (27 & 26) and one 16" blue. Only saw one other blue caught. The blue took the tail of an Ava while the rest were on a sandeel teaser (gulp). Hope to be back up there two days this week (Wed & Fri?).
RhinoScores
RhinoScores

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoScores 10/1/2009, 9:22 am

Got out before work on Wed morning in NoMoCo. Conditions were good with a slight wind at my back. Water was clear, but still a tad warm. There were probably 8 other guys fishing in a three block area in the first spot I hit. I landed three nice size fluke - no bass seen. Moved a little south form there and landed another 5 fluke. The fluke were lined up along the surfline jumping out of the water attacking sand eels... did I mention I got all fish on a sand eel imitation!
RhinoScores
RhinoScores

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 10/1/2009, 8:28 pm

Took a ride to IBSP today, fished from 6am-1:30pm not much to show for it though. Fished float rig,hi-lo,fishfinder, and tossed wood and tin...one sm. blue,4 sharks, and 1 skate all on the bait rigs. Light w/wind flattened it out like a lake today. Did see birds working bout 200yrds off the beach, was looking thru. binoc's ,it did'nt look like there were any fish on them. Beautiful day to be out on the sand!!!
FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 100_2927
FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 100_2928

Bluesfish FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 962367
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddy 4mcola 10/2/2009, 12:25 pm

fished the surf at CM Thurs afternoon till about 8 PM with clams & mullet, frozen, no frest mullet or clams or bunker stopped 3 bait shops on the way to CM no frest bait, water was beautiful, flat clean & no fish did see birds working about 300yds out, weather was great
Freddy 4mcola
Freddy 4mcola

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 10/5/2009, 9:34 pm

I had a lot of fun this day..catching lots of bluefish aka salt water piranha-the ocean was very calm/clear like gin- best day of the year candidate. . walking out at low tide to were your normal cast may go then launching a
2oz T-Hex w/a mild west wind---nice---no waves to speak of (take ur teaser off)---it was that neat stuff were there are small areas that just go nutz for a couple seconds w/ blues slaughtering bait n hyper/speed then over..some right in front of you,, some you could reach w/ your rodtip if you r quick enough.bIRDS diving tight. large and medium n bigger. I saw many fisherman catching and smiling . It was neat to fish n catch w/ Rebelmusic and he is always smiling.

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 10/6/2009, 8:36 am

Rick..stillcasting wrote:I had a lot of fun this day..catching lots of bluefish aka salt water piranha-the ocean was very calm/clear like gin- best day of the year candidate. . walking out at low tide to were your normal cast may go then launching a
2oz T-Hex w/a mild west wind---nice---no waves to speak of (take ur teaser off)---it was that neat stuff were there are small areas that just go nutz for a couple seconds w/ blues slaughtering bait n hyper/speed then over..some right in front of you,, some you could reach w/ your rodtip if you r quick enough.bIRDS diving tight. large and medium n bigger. I saw many fisherman catching and smiling . It was neat to fish n catch w/ Rebelmusic and he is always smiling.

HEY Rick,
Gotta love it. Nothing beats a few good bluefish blitzes to get yea ready for the bass! Way to go .

Bluesfish :..............
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 10/9/2009, 10:18 pm

Rick..stillcasting wrote:I had a lot of fun this day..catching lots of bluefish aka salt water piranha-the ocean was very calm/clear like gin- best day of the year candidate. . walking out at low tide to were your normal cast may go then launching a

Got this picture from Rick he said this kid was on the beach watchin him so he hooked one and handed the rod over check this out!!!!

FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 Downsi10

FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 560155 FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 560155 FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 560155 FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 560155 FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 560155 FC

Rick said this kid said he never caught anything but a sunny this was really cool!!!!!!!!!

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoScores 10/10/2009, 12:50 am

fishincrazy wrote:[quote="Rick..stillcasting
Got this picture from Rick he said this kid was on the beach watchin him so he hooked one and handed the rod over check this out!!!!

FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 560155 FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 560155 FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 560155 FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 560155 FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 560155 FC

Rick said this kid said he never caught anything but a sunny this was really cool!!!!!!!!!

Nice job Rick!!!!!
RhinoScores
RhinoScores

Back to top Go down

Post  vietvet 10/10/2009, 11:54 am

Oy vey Rick

vietvet

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 10/10/2009, 1:54 pm

fishincrazy wrote:

FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 Downsi10

haha. what a struggle that kid had. i walked by with the "you're still fighting that fish" comment on my way down to the next cut. and yes rick i am always smiling with a rod in my hand.....uh....wait. nevermind. Very Happy
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 10/10/2009, 6:47 pm

FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 56958 FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 56958 NOW THATS FUNNY REBEL FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 56958 FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 56958
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 Empty BIG RED FUNNY RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 10/11/2009, 3:29 am

Quote Rebel: haha. what a struggle that kid had. i walked by with the "you're still fighting that fish" comment on my way down to the next cut. and yes rick i am always smiling with a rod in my hand.....uh....wait. nevermind.

:jerk off: :jerk off: :jerk off: :jerk off: :jerk off: :jerk off: :jerk off: :jerk off: :jerk off: :jerk off:

Now Thats Funny Right There Jon!!!!!!!!!!!!

FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 56958 FC FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 56958

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobes 10/12/2009, 11:52 am

Late report from Saturday night. Fished NoMoCo from 10:30p to 2a. Went 1 for 3. Landed one fish about 26" on a mag darter. Had another on for a few seconds and lost it, and one other hit all night. Water was pretty calm, and I was actually hoping for a little more current.

Bobes

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post  anthonycapy 10/12/2009, 12:48 pm

fished nomoco 2am 7am covered alot of ground not a hit.seen verry little bait.
this is a bad start.anybody agree?
anthonycapy
anthonycapy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 10/12/2009, 7:12 pm

Fished NoMoCo Sunday morning with Surfratium from 4:45 - 10:00. A little chilly before sun-up but the ocean was flat and very clean. No fish to be had before dawn, and actually nothing during predawn. I started out with a black scaled Blueshark and teaser, switched to a SS needlefish, and then to a Skippy Jersey Killer as first light set in. Didn't see much of anything, no swirls, no bait, no birds. As the sun came up and the tide was getting pretty low I switched to a mullet colored Digger swimmer and waded out to the 1st bar. I had what felt like a missed swipe and a few casts later I saw a fish break about 15 feet in front of me in the whitewater. Obviously it's pretty close to impossible to cast to a fish that just broke and get lucky enough to get him to hit but I knew there was something patrolling the wash around me so I continued to fish the Digger and about 10 casts later I had a nice solid hit about 10 feet away from me. Turned out to be a nice fat healthy 24 incher that actually hit one of my new Bluesfish teasers. A few casts later I had another hit and thought I was wrapped around an anchor line or something but a few good tugs got a big fat stargazer out of his sandtrap and up onto the beach. He hit the digger plug which would have been a great dessert for him had it been real. His stomach was so bloated on sand eels and crabs I cant imagine he would have been hungry enough to hit but he was. A little while later I switched to an AOK T-Hex and working it slow outside the far bar I hooked a nice 20 inch fluke also on the Bluesfish teaser. Unfortunately a short time later I must have wrapped the braid around the tip and when I went to cast my 20lb flouro leader broke and my AOK and Bluesfish teaser set sail for France. I tied on another Bluesfish teaser (yellow and red) and went with a Bill Hurley sand eel imitation jig and proceded to catch two more fluke one of which was a real nice 22 inch fatty both fluke on the teaser. As for Surfratium, maybe he'll post a report about his day? Sleep affraid
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  surfratiam 10/13/2009, 10:30 pm

I could not buy a hit.
Actually fished an area hard, moved on, and Keven on his first cast in the area scored a keeper fluke.
I got knocked on my butt at least 6x by waves.
But had a great time being out there.
Not even a hit Embarassed

surfratiam

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 10/13/2009, 10:34 pm

GREAT REPORT KEV NOT A BAD DAY OUT FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 92223
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 10/19/2009, 9:40 am

Fishing during the 1st Nor'easter push was fun,, nothing like getting stung by rain, kept thinking it was sleet, throwing heavy metal into the teeth of the wind, having rogue waves trying to clip you sideways at your knees,listening to the oceans roar, the taste of salt, having the good fortune to hook into a quality fish that gave me all that we wish for, the will I land it or even see it moments w/ big crazy surf, My Boga said a smidge under 20lbs the skillet, "umm umm good".
Thankyou T-Hex for being my go to metal, I should really be your spokes person.
Always fun fishing w/ Rebel.
I hope many of you experienced the Nor'easter at the oceans edge.
I mean you're surf fisherman,right? FISHING REPORTS - Page 3 962367

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  naspinsz 10/19/2009, 10:37 am

nice report Rick..SC--i met the nor easter face to face at the tip of the hook a few times this past week..there's nothing like it..to me, that's what it's all about, being a surfcaster Very Happy ..though it may be time to invest in a decent surf top lol!
naspinsz
naspinsz

Number of posts : 514

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next