Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FISHING REPORTS

+37
night tides
Rapidfflow0
tom1276
technologist
rocstar21
dozer 277
echopeus
Sic wit it
naspinsz
surfratiam
stevel
vietvet
Freddy 4mcola
Bluesfish
RhinoScores
joesfishinproblem
stilltryn
fishpro
rebelmusicnp
Rick..stillcasting
anthonycapy
bucknbasspole
Bobes
asbury guy
AKScuba
Kevnmary
Smoke
jettyjunkie
BrianM38
fishincrazy
Baitlobber
Wentfishn47
gull chaser
REDBASS
Oldsalts
mikeybonz
smitty
41 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

FISHING REPORTS - Page 2 Empty Re: FISHING REPORTS

Post  bucknbasspole 5/4/2009, 8:32 pm

Kevnmary wrote:As what a Baconator tester?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
bucknbasspole
bucknbasspole

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  anthonycapy 5/10/2009, 2:22 pm

nomoco back plugin
9pm to2am missed 1 fish :jerk off:
anthonycapy
anthonycapy

Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 5/19/2009, 2:42 pm

I caught a shortie this morn,, another guy caught 5 in less time than my one,,and I was in a pocket,, he wasn't,, I hate him! and he had two keepers ,,and kept on fishing,,saw him catch another measure it,,release it,, I'm glad I left b4 I saw him keep a third w/o a permit,, or whatever that thing is called to keep a third,, and where do get one? and doesn't it need to be a certain size?
and yes I was mentally prepared to be a little mental if he kept a third w/o permit. my thot was asking questions first,, if i didn't like the answers take his picture along w/ the fish and call the warden. someone enlighten me on that 3rd fish before I make a blunder.

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 5/21/2009, 3:47 pm

Went out last nite w/ tossin plugs and (-----------).one of us caught a really nice fish. it wasn't me nor tossin plugs. he can fess up.
went out early this morn,got to IBSP a little after 6am, I knew it would be low but had the time,some clams/plugging rod,, and didn't get anything. Was fun trying to get through trough and tossing clams.
The water is really clean there,, I know it was bunker pods I saw too far to snag,, dark mass moving south, binocs do help! There were also dolphin moving south not on the dark masses I saw.
There was a comfortable amount of guys trying,, didn't see any hook-ups. It was a summer day w/o fish.

Rick..stillcasting

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 5/21/2009, 11:32 pm

some great reports from you guys keep them coming ..

thanks Smitty. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 5/22/2009, 12:28 am

Rick..stillcasting wrote:I caught a shortie this morn,, another guy caught 5 in less time than my one,,and I was in a pocket,, he wasn't,, I hate him! and he had two keepers ,,and kept on fishing,,saw him catch another measure it,,release it,, I'm glad I left b4 I saw him keep a third w/o a permit,, or whatever that thing is called to keep a third,, and where do get one? and doesn't it need to be a certain size?
and yes I was mentally prepared to be a little mental if he kept a third w/o permit. my thot was asking questions first,, if i didn't like the answers take his picture along w/ the fish and call the warden. someone enlighten me on that 3rd fish before I make a blunder.

Go to the NJ Fish Game and Wildlife website and you can buy a bonus tag there and print it out. Let me warn you though once you buy one you will never again catch 3 keepers in the same day, trust me! 😢
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobes 5/26/2009, 12:15 pm

Had a huge pod of bunker in front of me yesterday morning. Finally came into casting range but couldn't get any takers. Went out again at dusk and fish seemed to be on smaller bait. Managed one 24" bass on a schoolbus bomber. NoMoCo.

Bobes

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 6/12/2009, 2:15 pm

I just wish you all could've witnessed what I just drove from,,,,it is unreal!
Bunker jumping,,big fish on them,,boats in close,,but not too close!
Today from this morn(8) and continuing right now(1:00) is your wet dream coming true.
I kept a 30 lber Very Happy

Rick..stillcasting

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 6/12/2009, 6:37 pm

yup the same on lbi but to far out for us DAM........
the gill netter got his fill lol got tons of pics of that...
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 6/12/2009, 7:08 pm

smitty wrote:yup the same on lbi but to far out for us DAM........
the gill netter got his fill lol got tons of pics of that...
Dammmmmmm post pics.. :evil:
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 6/17/2009, 9:23 am

went out false light,,on the beach,,bunker came into wash,, went rt back out,,able to snag, no takers,, was able to snag 2 more times,, bunker were in many areas.. very few boats,,like 2... 2 guys had 6 rods w/ bunker heads set-ups,, took up hundred yds of beach,, I'm not one to mug,, but believe me I wouldn't have any problem working between they're set-up.. they were also nice enough guys and probably wouldn't care... I was sorta hoping for a hundred yard dash while they were farthest from the rod.
The bunker are out in force today,,hope all you guys that are working the beach hook-up today.
Did get a kick outa one guy letting his dog roam free and retrieving my tossed bunkers ,,musta been a sushi dog.

Rick..stillcasting

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobes 6/17/2009, 11:33 am

What were the conditions like? Wind, waves? Any bass busting the bunker?

Bobes

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 6/17/2009, 3:37 pm

Here is what I can share,, an East wind,,water chocolate milk,, some seaweed when I pencil popped,,waves were moderate,, maybe 2' waves,,not able to get on sand bars,, the bunker were eratic enough for me to believe there were some bass on them, as they moved in and out and left and right,didn't see swirls or busting on top.
"NEW" report,, I'm on beach a little b4 1,, went up one pavillon nothing,, went down a few streets,, small white caps,, but-but I see smaller silver pops,, yes bunker no one around,,no boats or fisherman,, they came in then out in seconds,, they came back up in close,, I snagged one! I stand waiting and waiting,, nothing! The pod has moved and still close so I reel in and jog to pod,, try snagging and couldn't get one as they now started moving out,, damn!,, in retrospect I should've stayed w/ the one I snagged!
Not bad for a lunch break.
water was chocolate,,but very little weeds,, tide was coming in almost top,, I believe it is around 2 today..very little east wind,,waves were the type that crash at your feet,,maybe 2'plus.
my entry clock time here is off by 2 hrs

Last edited by Rick..stillcasting on 6/17/2009, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clock is set wrong,,now 2:39)

Rick..stillcasting

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 6/18/2009, 8:36 am

i have a great recipe for the ocean yesterday:

5 gallons of salt water
1/2 pound of sand
1 whole head of lettuce chopped coarsely
2 cups of chocolate syrup
2-3 generous palmfuls of any trash you have laying around

shake well and whip up with a good onshore wind

it's bad when your popper is covered with crap every cast!
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 6/20/2009, 1:45 pm

My brother (fish on 36) fished the park this morning at caught a 16.8lb bass on clam at about 5am. I'm sure he will give a full report later.
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  stilltryn 6/20/2009, 4:01 pm

did the lbi thing again last night , nadda! FISHING REPORTS - Page 2 177925 10 til 5am with bunker. had 3 good run offs around 2 but came up short. FISHING REPORTS - Page 2 177925 hope the fall will be better.
stilltryn
stilltryn

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 6/20/2009, 5:00 pm

stilltryn wrote:did the lbi thing again last night , nadda! FISHING REPORTS - Page 2 177925 10 til 5am with bunker. had 3 good run offs around 2 but came up short. FISHING REPORTS - Page 2 177925 hope the fall will be better.

You still got time Jeff!!! Hang in there. PM me with where you fished at!
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  stilltryn 6/20/2009, 11:15 pm

pm sent!
stilltryn
stilltryn

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 6/24/2009, 9:11 am

Bunker came in close this morn,,Rebel and I were able to snag,, though didn't have any takers,, no boats,, calm flat water,,no wind,,not much weeds,, bunker did have fish on them,,only 3 of us then 2 others popped outa the sand,,one fella snagged and got half of bunker chomped off,, bigger blues must be here..it didn't last long till they were outa reach.

Rick..stillcasting

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 6/25/2009, 11:46 pm

Rick..stillcasting wrote:Bunker came in close this morn,,Rebel and I were able to snag,, though didn't have any takers,, no boats,, calm flat water,,no wind,,not much weeds,, bunker did have fish on them,,only 3 of us then 2 others popped outa the sand,,one fella snagged and got half of bunker chomped off,, bigger blues must be here..it didn't last long till they were outa reach.

At least you hittin it I'm there in sprit Bra!!!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 6/26/2009, 8:12 pm

it was you?
whenever the south wind shows-up,,you are there.

Rick..stillcasting

Back to top Go down

FISHING REPORTS - Page 2 Empty 6-28-09

Post  Oldsalts 6/28/2009, 6:25 pm

Fished the park today and on;y one fish i could see caught ..... FISHING REPORTS - Page 2 870783

And that was a BIG bunker caught by a Osprey was an awesome site to see... FISHING REPORTS - Page 2 870783

Salts
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 6/29/2009, 12:00 pm

Got out on the boat with Joefishinproblem and Rebelmusic on Friday. Had some major starboard engine problems. Reb thinks it was a thrown Johnson Rod. Anyway we limped out the inlet on one engine to see if there was anything going on out front. Made a few drifts for fluke but nada. Went back into the river and drifted for fluke. Joe was high hook but some of his fish were closer to bait than keepers, Reb gave him a run for his money. I had the pool fish (the only keeper) probably 20 inches. Heard a report come over the radio about bunker and bass just outside the inlet so we limped out again to find some birds working and a huge school of bunker. We did the snag and drop for about an hour but had no takers. Made it back to the dock by 11:45 to meet my mechanic, who confirmed the Johnson rod diagnosis. OUCH! I know that 20 inch fluke is going to be costly.

Mechanic made a Saturday housecall and fixed the engine so I could get back out on Sunday. Went North and snagged some bunker for the live well and then headed South to drift for fluke. Fished the Axel C for a couple of hours but the drift was just too fast. Even with a wind sock out we still need 12 oz to barely hold bottom. Beachboy hooked a nice double of seabass and my brother caught another one. I caught another single keeper fluke exactly 18 inches. Tried in a little closer but only found doggies and skates. Tried a couple more spots on the way back to the inlet but Nada. Last try was out at the range bouy, made one drift and came up empty so we called it a day with 3 seabass and one fluke in the box.

Can't wait to get that mechanics bill. FISHING REPORTS - Page 2 177925
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 6/29/2009, 1:46 pm

three bluefish and a fluke that almost got the measuring tape. teasers were the ticket and fish were breaking water here and there just past the outer bar. looked more like fall with the terns and splashes. special thanks to rick for getting my lazy ass out of bed. hit the permanent snooze button at 430am and probably would have missed it.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 6/30/2009, 7:33 am

What got me to call was seeing all the pods of fishes coming in close w/ bigger splashes,, I of course went out w/ small rod trying 4 fluke in the surf.threw a deadly dick into them and caught a hickory shad.. a short walk back to suv got my biggie rod to try snagging,, but they moved outa range, classic.
I know Jon is out now,, he caught a bass,, by the pic looks nice,, he won't call me :roll:

Rick..stillcasting

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next