Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Builder's Challenge

+20
fish factor
holymackeral
scone
stevel
rocstar21
FJR
technologist
etch
Rowhunter
bennyraw
BillC
gimmpy
GooGoo Man
skippy
Alphabaits
joesfishinproblem
stripercrazy
blacklabel
first2wins
Kevnmary
24 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Builder's Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Builder's Challenge

Post  stevel 11/10/2010, 8:54 am

shame that this didnt go as well as planned ...would have been neat to see the results... :read:
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Builder's Challenge - Page 5 Empty i blew it

Post  stripercrazy 12/11/2010, 8:51 pm

talked to a couple guys at the plug thing about this, felt bad I dropped the ball, what ever happened is it over, can we still send them in

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  scone 12/12/2010, 9:09 am

stripercrazy wrote:talked to a couple guys at the plug thing about this, felt bad I dropped the ball, what ever happened is it over, can we still send them in
send it in? for what? open up your phone book pick a name at random and send it to that person and you'll get a better result (and more response) than any of us who sent plugs to kevin. mad

scone

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 12/12/2010, 9:20 am

scone wrote:
stripercrazy wrote:talked to a couple guys at the plug thing about this, felt bad I dropped the ball, what ever happened is it over, can we still send them in
send it in? for what? open up your phone book pick a name at random and send it to that person and you'll get a better result (and more response) than any of us who sent plugs to kevin. mad

ILL TRY CALLING KEVNMARY AND SEE IF HE WILL SEND THOSE PLUGS BACK TO THE BUILDERS WHERE THEY BELONG..... cool

ALL I CAN DO IS TRY FOR YA.....CANT PROMISE ANYTHING..... Embarassed Embarassed
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  scone 12/12/2010, 9:51 am

thanks- good luck with that- i sent a pm to him asking for exactly that-no response.

scone

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 12/12/2010, 2:26 pm

Kev pleas respond to all involved in this swap and let them know what if anything is going on.......
If this swap has not and or will not be completed please return plugs to builders i will cover shipping if it becomes a issue....
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  scone 12/12/2010, 8:20 pm

thanks smitty, but i will gladly pay the return shipping on my own. this isn't on you.

scone

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyraw 12/15/2010, 11:29 am

smitty wrote:Kev pleas respond to all involved in this swap and let them know what if anything is going on.......
If this swap has not and or will not be completed please return plugs to builders i will cover shipping if it becomes a issue....
No one blames you Smitty, I think most of us had the instinct not to send these plugs in. I certainly blame myself and will be happy to cover my own postage.
popcorn

bennyraw

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 12/16/2010, 9:29 pm

This really SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad :..............

Bluesfish Builder's Challenge - Page 5 962367
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 12/17/2010, 2:15 am

Has anyone heard from Kevin??
Or if anyone has his phone number can you call him and ask that he returns the plugs back to the builders.
Or come on the site to tell the builders when the plugs can be returned.
Maybe someone will see him at one of the fishing shows this winter or spring and tell him.
A shame it ended like this.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 12/20/2010, 8:57 pm

OK TALKED TO KEV TODAY.....he says he is totaly committed to this challange and is still going threw with all the details that were stated
in the beginning of the challange...

OK Guys I've been thinking about how to make this more interesting and help out the site as well. So let me know what you think about this idea. The challenge is to build one of the three plugs I listed (Flaptail, Husky Musky, or Tiger). All plugs will be auctioned off for whatever cause is most important at the time (i.e SBO General Purpose fund, BigRock, JFP weight loss, etc). All plugs will be judged by me, and two other non-competitors in a couple of different categories including (action, Paint, authenticity). As for prizes I would start it out with a $50 Dixie Art gift certificate and suggest maybe 10% of the total auction proceeds for building supplies. I'm thinking 3 months to the end. That should be plenty of time for even the part time builders to come up with something. I also thought we'd have 5 categories and each category would be worth 100 points. So if you decide to do a custom paint you could gain points there but lose points for authenticity. Or if the original design wasn't great for saltwater bass fishing (Plastic tiger) you may lose some points for authenticity but gain points for castability or action

he has had a bad sciatica problem for awhile now has not been near the computor....he has not been ignoring this at all...he got to swim all the entry's
and he has his favorite and will judge it by his opinions if it is alrite with you all...this is what I was told by kev himself....he also said he will return all the plugs if that is what all the builders want instead of ....going threw and seeing this till its complete....

IM JUST REPEATING WHAT I WAS TOLD MY KEVIN ON THE PHONE SO PLEASE DONT TAKE OUT ANY FUSTRATIONS YOU MAY HAVE ON ME.... Embarassed Embarassed ....JUST TRYING TO HELP OUT TO GET THIS RESOLVED....THANKS STEVE

stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  scone 12/21/2010, 7:28 pm

i think with the general lack of interest in this thing i would just as soon have mine back. thanks for looking into it.

scone

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 12/21/2010, 11:34 pm

got back to kev ..left message with him that he should return the plugs to the builders.... popcorn
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyraw 1/13/2011, 10:39 am

stevel wrote:got back to kev ..left message with him that he should return the plugs to the builders.... popcorn
And almost a month later, still no word from Kev, shocking wow

bennyraw

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 1/13/2011, 1:31 pm

bennyraw wrote:
stevel wrote:got back to kev ..left message with him that he should return the plugs to the builders.... popcorn
And almost a month later, still no word from Kev, shocking wow

benny ...not that good of friends with him ...reached out to him for you guys ....I TRIED
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 1/13/2011, 8:46 pm

I would like to say im very embarrassed Very Happy over this and would like to some how make it up to all involved in this.....
I was not a direct part of the swap but feel at fault....I dont want or need you guys having a bad vibe of this site...

smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyraw 1/14/2011, 12:36 am

I appreciate you guys trying and you shouldn't feel in any way responsible. I really should just get past it , it is just a plug.

bennyraw

Back to top Go down

Post  scone 1/15/2011, 10:34 am

smitty wrote:I would like to say im very embarrassed Very Happy over this and would like to some how make it up to all involved in this.....
I was not a direct part of the swap but feel at fault....I dont want or need you guys having a bad vibe of this site...

smitty,
there is nothing for you to make up for, nor in my mind does this in any way reflect on you or your site. this is all about one guy and his failure to be good to his word.

scone

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyraw 3/29/2011, 1:21 pm

I just wanted to publicly thank Kevin, he wound up doing the right thing. Not only did he return the plugs but also insisted on sending gift certificates to all participants. Sorry it didn't work out as planned, it was a nice idea.

bennyraw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5