Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S.B.O fishing trip....

+17
dhsouth
technologist
blacklabel
Doc Popper
fishincrazy
REDBASS
TUGBOATBRUCE
Sephus3
Kevnmary
joesfishinproblem
fishpro
AKScuba
swab1985
Smoke
soot
stevel
smitty
21 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 Empty Re: S.B.O fishing trip....

Post  swab1985 5/30/2009, 8:39 am

We dont carrry to much spinning tackle, we have a lighter rod, and a medium heavy spinner that is my girlfriends. I will be down there before 12pm. I got to pick up some stuff, then I will be down.

Brian
swab1985
swab1985

Number of posts : 251

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/fish-n-chip-sportfishing-h11

Back to top Go down

Post  dhsouth 5/30/2009, 8:56 am

Hey Swab whats up on the 5/31 trip? I'm packing up to head down to Vineland for an over nighter there. Are we still a go for tomorrow or what! Shame on them "Drop-Outs" :evil: ! ! ! Just when "SCHOOLS" of fish are at there peak! We'd be at the top of our "CLASS" :study: ! ! ! Hey I'm still comming ! ! !
dhsouth
dhsouth

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 5/30/2009, 9:56 am

swabby is it the pink and purple rod cause it would be prefect for these bee oches :queen: :queen: :queen: :queen: :queen: :queen:
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 5/30/2009, 3:02 pm

dhsouth wrote:Hey Swab whats up on the 5/31 trip? I'm packing up to head down to Vineland for an over nighter there. Are we still a go for tomorrow or what! Shame on them "Drop-Outs" :evil: ! ! ! Just when "SCHOOLS" of fish are at there peak! We'd be at the top of our "CLASS" :study: ! ! ! Hey I'm still comming ! ! !
Hey, DH I was going to do the stay over in vineland also but.......it looks like it will be in my truck instead :affraid:
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  dhsouth 5/30/2009, 4:19 pm

Fishpro if you get this and you need a place for the night. I'll be at the Econo Lodge in Vineland. Ask for Dave South at the front desk or better call me 609-915-0379. I don't know who is going on the 31st. I take it your one of us! Nothing beats a good nights rest if were going to be hitting it 10 to 12 hours the next day! I'm staying over into Monday also so I don't fall asleep at the wheel on the way home! Let me know something!
dhsouth
dhsouth

Back to top Go down

S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 Empty Waiting on the details and pictures!!!

Post  Minivin5 5/30/2009, 11:09 pm

Ok you lucky bastages lets see the pictures and hear the fish stories from the SBO maiden voyage with SWABBY!!!
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 5/30/2009, 11:55 pm

vin we are still out on the boat having a good time i will have lots of pics to show
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 5/30/2009, 11:58 pm

smitty wrote:vin we are still out on the boat having a good time i will have lots of pics to show

Awesome Smitty!!!
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 5/31/2009, 1:02 am

Minivin5 wrote:
smitty wrote:vin we are still out on the boat having a good time i will have lots of pics to show

Awesome Smitty!!!

Nice...I'm here at the dock. I'll be in my truck sleeping when you guy get in. Can't wait!!
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 5/31/2009, 9:37 am

fishpro wrote:
Minivin5 wrote:

Awesome Smitty!!!

Nice...I'm here at the dock. I'll be in my truck sleeping when you guy get in. Can't wait!!

YOU WERE A SLEEEP TILL JIM CALLED YOU.LOL HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GOOD TRIP. TIGHT LINES. WE HAD A GOOD TRIP. SMITTY WITH A LARGE HORSE SHOE CRAB. :lol: :lol:
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 5/31/2009, 12:21 pm

i caught a real nice horseshoe crab........atleast 10 inches across great fighter.thanks for the chance to land this monster swabby!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 5/31/2009, 12:31 pm

had a great time Brian it was a real treat to get to hang out with all you guys and do some fishing.

just wish the fish would have wanted to play but thats fishing.....

looking forward to the next trip
smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 5/31/2009, 12:50 pm

Out on the Fish-N-chip and got two fluke so far. 24.5" and an 18"....got the skunk off the boat. No luck on the bass though.
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 5/31/2009, 12:59 pm

awesome man have a good time...

tell Brian thanks for having us last night we had a blast Very Happy
smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  RED 51 5/31/2009, 9:26 pm

GREAT TRIP WITH GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS FROM THIS SITE. BRIAN AND JERMEY THANKS FOR A GREAT NIGHT OUT.VERY NICE TOO MEET YOU GUYS ALSO. S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 622665 S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 622665

RED 51

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  swab1985 6/1/2009, 11:01 am

Hey guys, thanks for all being good sports about the trip cheers cheers lol! I really wish the fish cooperated. The drum bite is still dead, the fleet was out there sunday and I heard very few were caught. As to bass, my buddy caught a 32 and 35#'er where we finished up saturday night, early sunday morning.... Apparently, from what I hear its a early morning bite, and you have to snag bunker.

As to the sunday trip, we made a collective decision to fluke instead of bass... In the first 30 mins we had a 24" 5#er in the boat and a 18"....Got a call from my buddy, and we ran for bass, snagged a few bunker.... NOTHING. we just missed the bite. We did watch someone boat a 20# as soon as we got on the hook, and that was it.

We ran back to my fluke hole and wacked them good for the rest of the day. Ended up with 12, and some real nice thick ones! Then on the way home one of my racor fuel filters decided to lose its sh!t... a plastic saftey valve mysteriously broke :evil: and was leaking fuel, and allowing air to make it into the system.... WTF :affraid:

Last edited by swab1985 on 6/1/2009, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
swab1985
swab1985

Back to top Go down

Post  swab1985 6/1/2009, 11:15 am

S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 01910

Flukes.............................. cheers
swab1985
swab1985

Back to top Go down

Post  swab1985 6/1/2009, 11:16 am

S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 01710

Yum cheers
swab1985
swab1985

Back to top Go down

S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 Empty SBO fushing trip Sunday

Post  cardoc765 6/1/2009, 12:37 pm

I was on the trip Sunday and had an awesome time. Swab and his mate are 2 great people who really go out of their way for you and make the trip truely enjoyable. Swab looked for the fish and did what he could. Very friendly crew and awesome boat to run on. Great job Swab and Jeremy. Any of you who want to do a charter, consider using the Fish N Chip
cardoc765
cardoc765

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  dhsouth 6/1/2009, 3:35 pm

I just want to take this moment to tell everyone connected with making this fishing trip possible a well deserved THANK YOU ! ! ! We met before sun-up and parted company after sunset. Thats what I call a full day of Fun and Fishing cheers cheers cheers . The day read like a good book. We had a little Action and Adventure with the Lightning Storm with words of encouragement from Swab like "We're the tallest boat out here"! and my favorite " Don't touch anything M E T A L " :affraid: ! ! ! Then the Tide changed and we went to sort of a Murder Mystery. With words like " We're really killing these fluke" and then "Why is that boat catching Bass and we're not"? and then in the end " What happened to the motor"? Oh and a lttle more Action and Danger with "Look at that crazy S,O,B cutting across my anchor line" ! ! ! I wouldn"t trade a minute of it!! Loved every minute of it!! Thanks for the memories!!! Swab gave us 100% with 45 minutes of sleep ! A W S O M E ! ! Jermy worked his tail off ! ! That young man reminds me of the Energizer Bunny ! ! He was non-stop netting fish, taking them off, rebaiting lines, untangling lines, cutting bait, schucking clams, and he even found time to fish with us! Finally someone had to net his fish for him!! Yeah he earned his tip! If we ever have another trip like that count me in S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 962367 S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 962367 S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 962367
dhsouth
dhsouth

Back to top Go down

Post  swab1985 6/1/2009, 5:52 pm

If anyone is interested we are doing an Open boat fluke trip on the Dbay this Saturday 6/6/09..... The bite has been real good and we did great with them on sunday! It will be 100 bucks a man, everything included for a 10-12 hours trip. Post up or PM me if you want in
swab1985
swab1985

Back to top Go down

S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 Empty Some pic's of the SBO trip#1!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 6/1/2009, 9:10 pm

S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 SBOtrip1-1

S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 JoeSBO-1

S.B.O fishing trip.... - Page 6 KevSBO2

cheers FC cheers

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swab1985 6/7/2009, 9:01 pm

Still need two for the july 12th Tuna trip! PM me or post if interested.... I will be making our first run in a week or two searching for Bluefins!
swab1985
swab1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6