Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crystal clear spray coat durability

3 posters

Go down

Crystal clear spray coat durability Empty Crystal clear spray coat durability

Post  Muskyslayer96 12/20/2011, 9:49 pm

I've been having some E-tex issues that I can't explain????? Still working it out.

I've made some custom bottle openers and grill utensils for family as X-mas gifts. They all have a coat of E-tex, then paint, then Crystal clear spray, then detail paint, then 2 more coats of crystal clear spray.

Does anyone have some advice on how durable multiple coats of crystal clear spray will be for something that won't be in the water, but will be handled quite a bit (Bottle opener in Wisconsin) Very Happy

Time is short as I will have to attempt the E-tex tomorrow at the latest to fix any issues before Friday.

Thanks in advance for the tips, Happy Holidays

MS
Muskyslayer96
Muskyslayer96

Number of posts : 391

http://irishwhipesoxbaits.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Crystal clear spray coat durability Empty Re: Crystal clear spray coat durability

Post  Bluesfish 12/20/2011, 9:54 pm

Hey MS, Multiple coats should be fine...thin coats with a light sanding with fine steel wool inbetween.

Bluesfish :Christmas tree
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Crystal clear spray coat durability Empty Re: Crystal clear spray coat durability

Post  blacklabel 12/26/2011, 12:16 pm

ms if your problems with etex is after the cear coat they are not compatable.you can ask smitty cause he thinks i am crazy but i use 3 coats of etex on every plug and never have a problem.i never you a clear coat over paint and i deff. not suggest you use it before epoxy.
blacklabel
blacklabel
SPONSOR
SPONSOR

Number of posts : 284

http://www.blacklabelplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down