Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4/15 upper bay

2 posters

Go down

4/15 upper bay Empty 4/15 upper bay

Post  lagerhelps 4/16/2011, 3:08 pm

Splashed the boat today and headed to the spot I fished all spring last year. 20ft of water near channel. Well Noaa didn't get it wrong it was honking. Checked Saint John before leaving and it was already 16mph and it got worse from there. Was going to pick up some bunker but wasn't sure if my dad was going to be up for the roller coaster ride so just got the clams I ordered. Wish I got the bunker. Not giving up on the spot till I try some bunker there. Fished 8:00-10:30 and moved inshore looking for cover. Fished there till around 1:00. Grass, grass and more grass. Done with the sigmund the seamonsters on my lines and headed to the dock.
4/15 upper bay 177925

Tide ripping wind blowing got her in the slip with no problem. Just wasn't in the cards today. Boat ran good. Wasn't at work and now my boat's in the slip and ready to go. Life's gonna get good 4/15 upper bay 92223

4/16 Put the enclosure on the boat. I cleaned the top and never put it back in the boat or I would have put it on 4/15. Wind 35mph with gusts to 40. wow

If you think I'm crazy saw Tom, Riss, and Jack putting in the Fishhawk. You know its bad if they are sitting on the sidelines.. 4/15 upper bay 742713

lagerhelps

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

4/15 upper bay Empty Re: 4/15 upper bay

Post  Fish Hawk 4/18/2011, 7:50 am

Way to give it a shot tom. We fished off the deck there at fortescue on sat and caught one eel on bloodworm, and whole lot of grass like you were saying. This weekend was shittay to say the least. I was more worried about my boat then the house. The house has been there over 100 years and endured all types of crazy weather - lol. Bruce and Joe do a good job on keeping an eye on our boats. I always make a trip down as well. Send me your number on face book - added sense of security Very Happy This pre spawn season has been shittay but the post spawn hopfully will be awesome. If not theres always the fall 4/15 upper bay 962367
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post  lagerhelps 4/18/2011, 3:01 pm

Message sent through facebook. It seemed like it got hit harder than some of the hurricanes that roll up the coast. Ignorance can be a good thing. If I saw what you did at Fortescue I'm sure I would have been stressing a bit.

What a difference a year makes. The bite is on up north, the herring is in trenton and there is bass being caught in Phila. Not sure how all that happens without going through us. Hopefully there is a good post spawn season because its been a long winter and I don't want to here about the Fall at this point. I NEED TO HEAR THE SINGING OF THE DRAG... lol

lagerhelps

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Hawk 4/18/2011, 6:29 pm

they pass us because we cant get out there and catch em when its blown a gale!lol. Theres still more fish making there way up the bay for sure. This full moon brought another wave in, usually the last full moon in may is the end of the spawn. Once mid may rolls around its time to put that delaware licence to use. Reef site 2 and #2 buoy is where those big girls will be haning out. Hope your ready :)
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down