Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upper Bay 9/5-9/7

5 posters

Go down

Upper Bay 9/5-9/7 Empty Upper Bay 9/5-9/7

Post  Fish Hawk 9/8/2009, 11:56 pm

Sat-
Had 18 sheds reserved for bait as our plan was to target weakfish for the incoming tide,and tog for the outgoing. We left the slip around 6 and found our selfs in a small fleet at the six bouy. I had a buddy from work come down,he has never fished saltwater before. Right away he starts catching fish,sharks,oyster crackers,blue fish and sea bass. His exact words" In the past ten mins ive caught more fish than 2 years ive been fishing on the lake". cheers The tide died down the boat started to swing and the bite stopped. I managed one small throwback weakfish and a few sharks. The tide had died out,and the wind against it so didnt help. So we made the move to structure and setup for tog. noticed the tide hadnt fully started to run yet. So after alittle while of waiting and trying to setup, we finally got on top of the structure. Just like last weekend it was non stop action as soon as you dropped your line. Matt hooked into a 19inch tog,and maurissa follwed up with a 19 as well. I got a 16. We caught easily over dozen fish and went through all of our shedders. Tide died out and we made a trip back home. GREAT DAY!!

My buddy matt with his keeper tog:
Upper Bay 9/5-9/7 DSC01211

My happy crew with their catch:
Upper Bay 9/5-9/7 DSC01214
Upper Bay 9/5-9/7 DSC01215

Matt with his catch:
Upper Bay 9/5-9/7 DSC01217

Sun-
After crabs and beer(fish we were going to have tonight)and a good night sleep, we got up to wind the E wind screamin. I knew it was going to tuff, inshore it would fishable. But farther out it was going to be a washing machine. After breakfast we tried a spot in real close in the grass. As i said, with the blow it was tuff to get the boat to sit straight. Managed one really small striper. Made a move to just out front of fortescue in the first drop. Sharks,one puffer fish, and matt manages a nice 19" flounder...threw him back(go figure) Again wind was making fishing difficult. We 10 sheds left,and some bunker, decided to make a move out towards the channel edge and try for some bass. I wanted matt to hook into somthing that would give him so pull. So made the move in was greated with solid 3fters.Arrived at the area and found two other boats fishing. Neither of them were fishing the hole,so i backed right in. I told matt to cast right off the stern to the starboard side abit. My words"Theres a hole right there,they should be stacked up and feeding".Not after a few mins he was hooked up with his first striped bass. Little schoolie but he was all smiles and laughs. He was bailing them left and right,along with maurissa. Most fish were 18-24 inches. Me on the other hand i had noggin on mine with the clicker engauged. A few pick ups and drops but nothing solid. So decided to try a tail section..A few moments later, that sound we all love to hear. Locked up the real and battle was on. Against the strong current the 26 and half inch bass sure felt good!Quick photo and she was released!Ran out of bait and back in just before the clouds rolled in! No keepers but lots of striper action!

Heres matts first striper:
Upper Bay 9/5-9/7 DSC01230

My 26 1/2 " bass:
Upper Bay 9/5-9/7 DSC01232

mon-
Woke up late,looked outside to the bay and said"ehhh" Didnt look to good,had two awesome days of fishing. Decided to pack up and get home early to beat the traffic. Had a great time with family and freinds this weekend. Thanks to Kevin and his family and freinds for the party on sunday!!!A few more weeks with these cooler days moving in and those bigger resident fish will be on the BITE!!! cant wait!!!
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Upper Bay 9/5-9/7 Empty Re: Upper Bay 9/5-9/7

Post  stevel 9/9/2009, 8:35 am

great report and pix glad u guys had a good time Upper Bay 9/5-9/7 92223
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  b8tboy369 9/9/2009, 7:21 pm

great job guys cheers ....cant believe its almost "09 striper season already
b8tboy369
b8tboy369

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Hawk 9/10/2009, 9:36 pm

Im ready Upper Bay 9/5-9/7 962367 see you guys this weekend?
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Upper Bay 9/5-9/7 Empty BIG RED LETTERS!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 9/10/2009, 10:06 pm

GREAT REPORT HAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers

It's cool you had your buddy out and he caught!!!!!!!Good DEAL!!!!!!!!!!

cheers FC cheers

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  b8tboy369 9/11/2009, 6:03 pm

Tom,
ya were taking the boat down Sunday, we might go out too Upper Bay 9/5-9/7 962367
b8tboy369
b8tboy369

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  erickoch 9/11/2009, 6:53 pm

ill be out there saturday. we'll see what happens.
erickoch
erickoch

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down