Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epoxy pre or post lip installation?

+3
Murphthesurf
L3gend Angler
Muskyslayer96
7 posters

Go down

Epoxy pre or post lip installation? Empty Epoxy pre or post lip installation?

Post  Muskyslayer96 3/13/2011, 9:59 pm

Just wondering how many epoxy before installing lips and how many epoxy after the lip has been installed.

If you epoxy after, how do you control where the epoxy levels to on the lip (tape).

I tend to epoxy plug (E-tex, tends to flow a lot more and longer than D2T), then install lip using epoxy and fill void with the remaining epoxy using a toothpick. I'm interested in some pick of plugs that were epoxied after installing the lip to see how the epoxy settled after spinning.

Thanks guys,

MS
Muskyslayer96
Muskyslayer96

Number of posts : 391

http://irishwhipesoxbaits.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Epoxy pre or post lip installation? Empty Re: Epoxy pre or post lip installation?

Post  L3gend Angler 3/13/2011, 10:05 pm

I just started and I have been epoxying after through wiring and everything.
L3gend Angler
L3gend Angler
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 546

http://flyz.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Epoxy pre or post lip installation? Empty Re: Epoxy pre or post lip installation?

Post  Murphthesurf 3/13/2011, 10:10 pm

I epoxy before I install the lip..
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Epoxy pre or post lip installation? Empty lots of thing to think about

Post  stripercrazy 3/13/2011, 11:32 pm

I flip and use etex and do it both ways, to me it depends on the lip slot and shape of nose...any plug with a flat face i epoxy with a index card in the slot and pull it out before it gets stuck(epoxyed in) any plug that I cut the slot too deep or the lips moveing around I wire and then epoxy adjusting the lip before it sets up so it dries in place

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  vodkaman 3/14/2011, 12:28 pm

I install the lip after paint and before epoxy (D2T). I like the radius fillet onto the lip, it looks sealed and tidy.

Dave

vodkaman

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 3/14/2011, 1:35 pm

I install the lips before I e-tex, I also put the belly gromits and other hardware on before e-texing.
I think it helps seal the lip slot and helps hold the lip from moving once in use.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 3/14/2011, 2:22 pm

yea i put the eyes, belly gromits, and lip then epxoy the plug.......once dry ill install the belly hook tailweight if needed and tailgromit

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down