Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAte Ft Lauderdale report

2 posters

Go down

LAte Ft Lauderdale report Empty LAte Ft Lauderdale report

Post  AKScuba 11/16/2010, 2:45 am

Went fishing with my mom while I was in florida last wednesday on a party boat. Night reef fishing for 30 bucks? Hell yes!

I Caught a few different species of snapper and a bunch of porgies, and a goggle eye and a bluefish Fun night! Mom caught some fish called a black margate that Ive probably seen diving several times but didnt recognize it outta the water.

All the different species we got were pretty cool and a nice change from jersey fishing. I just wish I had had my own rod with me, the boat rods were pretty beat up and didnt have much in the way of sensitivity to them. Another interesting thing, the boat doesnt allow braided line probably to avoid nasty tangles. Nobody wrapped their lines up too bad with each other. Guys casting away from the boat with spinning rods were pounding the bigger snapper. they had a fishfinder style rig with an egg sinker we used but I wouldve much rather used a hi-lo rig, it was tough to feel the bites from the little fish and theyd pick you clean. Threw everything back except for the porgies since some other guy that couldnt buy a bite for his life was out to catch dinner.

Pictures ill post up shortly.
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

LAte Ft Lauderdale report Empty Re: LAte Ft Lauderdale report

Post  stevel 11/16/2010, 9:35 am

great report andrew....florida fishing is awsome...great species of fish for sure...and variety... LAte Ft Lauderdale report 870783
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down