Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ft Lauderdale dive report, 1/21 and 1/22

2 posters

Go down

Ft Lauderdale dive report, 1/21 and 1/22 Empty Ft Lauderdale dive report, 1/21 and 1/22

Post  AKScuba 1/25/2012, 2:40 pm

Figured you guys might enjoy this since I heard from my girl back in NJ that snow hit the ground and its been cold...

2 reports from the weekend combined into one, great weekend -

1/21
Had a pretty good day north of port everglades today. First reef is covered, and i mean COVERED in friggin gags. First fish we saw today was an easy 15 lb gag just chillin.

Viz was hazy 20-25 feet and water temp in the 70s. Life was sporadic, in patches. I shot my first mutton FINALLY, and got a small spadefish, nate got a big mackerel, decent spanish mack, and a small margate and we had a 1 man limit of bugs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back at it again tomorrow!

1/22

Another good day of diving outta lauderdale. viz went down from yesterday, around 25-30 feet with zero current. Lobsters were all over in groups of 3 and 4 but we had to work for em today bigtime. Bigger size then yesterday. Had 3 hogs, got my PB hogfish on the way in from the day, one fell off my stringer not sure where it ended up but i never found it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Everything was in 10-20 Ft, 1st and 2nd reef. Go diving!! It was lake atlantic today, nice n calm. Lobster and fish tacos tonight with the bugs and snapper from yesterday.

Awesome weekend, 1st one back in the water since september. Great times and used my new mako 110 on all the fish I killed.... worked as promised Very Happy
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Ft Lauderdale dive report, 1/21 and 1/22 Empty Re: Ft Lauderdale dive report, 1/21 and 1/22

Post  JeffL 1/25/2012, 2:52 pm

Nice report and Congrats on ur PB hogfish cheers popcorn
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down