Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 Monster Build...Alphabaits..Handcarved Herring

+12
Oldsalts
Minivin5
eurojett05
FJR
fish factor
bennyraw
etch
rocstar21
IRON LURES
Bluesfish
skippy
Alphabaits
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 3 Monster Build...Alphabaits..Handcarved Herring - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 3 Monster Build...Alphabaits..Handcarved Herring

Post  Alphabaits 12/14/2009, 8:43 pm

Bluesfish wrote:I'm just tooling up to try my hand at a few plugs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Ted thanks for the indept tutorial, the hand carved like you just demonstrated will prob. be the first kind I try.
What guage thru wire do you use, and how much does that plug weigh when completed?
Thanks,
Bluesfish

That plug finished out around 2 oz. I use .062 [1/16"] s/s welding wire. It's available at all welding supply houses.

Alphabaits

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Monster Build...Alphabaits..Handcarved Herring - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 3 Monster Build...Alphabaits..Handcarved Herring

Post  Alphabaits 12/14/2009, 9:02 pm

Skip asked if we could tell a little about ourselves so here goes. I am a 40 year old family guy who like to hang with my wife and kids and fish or be outdoors doing things as much as possible. I make my living as a mason. I like to fish for all things big and small. Some of my fondest memories are catching bluegills, one of my favorite things to do. I also have a horrible addiction for fluke fishing also. I love surf fishing and it has been a passion of mine for about 25 years now and thats what got me into making plugs. I consider myself blessed to have been able to travel pretty much the entire eastern coast to fish. I have met alot of really good people along the way through fishing and plugbuilding that I will always call my friends. Here's some piucs of some random stuff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alphabaits

Back to top Go down

Post  Alphabaits 12/14/2009, 9:07 pm

A couple more pics.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alphabaits

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 12/14/2009, 9:20 pm

Ted thanks for putting up the plugs for a giveaway and I'm glad I won one of your hand carves. As a nonbuilder I get alot of info out of your tuotorial on making the hand carves if I deside to try my hand at it.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Monster Build...Alphabaits..Handcarved Herring - Page 2 Empty wow..

Post  skippy 12/14/2009, 10:27 pm

Terrific fish you got going on there ted,love dem panfish baits Week 3 Monster Build...Alphabaits..Handcarved Herring - Page 2 560155 very cool, looks like an okeechobee bass
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 12/18/2009, 1:17 pm

TED THANK YOU GOT MY PLUG IN THE MAIL TODAY FROM THE GIVEAWAY Week 3 Monster Build...Alphabaits..Handcarved Herring - Page 2 92223

YOUR WORK IS AWSOME BRO Week 3 Monster Build...Alphabaits..Handcarved Herring - Page 2 560155 Week 3 Monster Build...Alphabaits..Handcarved Herring - Page 2 560155 THANKS AGAIN
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 12/18/2009, 3:29 pm

SICK LOOKING BAITS THAT PRODUCE! THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! WTG TED!!! cheers Week 3 Monster Build...Alphabaits..Handcarved Herring - Page 2 962367
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  fatfingers 1/24/2010, 12:08 pm

Super clean work. I like how you add your own detail to the eyes too.
fatfingers
fatfingers

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2