Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which side would you be on

+19
islander
skippy
first2wins
MissRiss
echopeus
dozer 277
whitey
Smoke
jbt114
Gremlin
highhook
Murphthesurf
Oldsalts
rocstar21
stevel
Husky
smitty
fishincrazy
etch
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

which side would you be on Empty which side would you be on

Post  etch 11/16/2009, 8:34 pm

Hi Guys

We are having a discussion in the Etch household. An incident happened at our son's school (he's 10 years old)
he got in trouble because he call a student teacher "hot" out loud while he was in the hallway with other kids present. I feel that because he used the word "hot" and at school it was inappropriate but if he had said she was just "pretty, or looked nice" there would be no grounds for discipline. Nancy feels the school should not have made a big deal out of it since it was a compliment and in no way derogatory, inflammatory or rude. Please let us know your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks
Etch & Nancy
etch
etch

Number of posts : 1193

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com/Etch-Custom-Lures-h2.htm

Back to top Go down

which side would you be on Empty Re: which side would you be on

Post  fishincrazy 11/16/2009, 8:45 pm

The weighty measures of the world on a 10 year old childs shoulders?????WOW!! Even though I agree with Nancy that this shouldn't be an issue at all,we have to look at our society today.The schools are caught between a rock and a hard place in a situtation like this.To be totally politically correct he was wrong,but to be human he did nothing wrong.Did he get detention or suspension???Not to be funny but what was she wearing???If she was dressed provocatively then maybe it wasn't the 10 year olds fault.I guess I stand divided on this issue.If you wish to make things harder for him in school fight it if not tell him to keep his mouth shut.I don't think he was wrong just said it at the wrong time.I'll bet if he said it in GYM calss with all boys he wouldn't have gotten in trouble at all.

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 11/16/2009, 8:54 pm

Im staying clear of this one only cause we have a few teachers on the site and dont want any trouble with them i had my fare share as a kid lol Very Happy
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 11/16/2009, 9:02 pm

big jim i agree, society today is all about political correctness, at most companies they have more H.R workers then they do reg employees lol, and this is why i said he was wrong, , he did not say anything rude( there are alot worse things to be called) per say, it was a matter of where he was at, who was around(other hormone head 10 yr olds) lmao, and the word (HOT) itself, he didnt say it quietly eithier(gets that from Nancy as, we all know i am the quiet shy type) and btw he said she was wearing a real short skirt big jim lol!

Etch
etch
etch

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 11/16/2009, 9:34 pm

etch wrote:Hi Guys

We are having a discussion in the Etch household. An incident happened at our son's school (he's 10 years old)
he got in trouble because he call a student teacher "hot" out loud while he was in the hallway with other kids present. I feel that because he used the word "hot" and at school it was inappropriate but if he had said she was just "pretty, or looked nice" there would be no grounds for discipline. Nancy feels the school should not have made a big deal out of it since it was a compliment and in no way derogatory, inflammatory or rude. Please let us know your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks
Etch & Nancy
If she was "hot" then the lad was spot on.Very Happy It's a colloquialism. What if he said she was the "Cats' Meow!"? At least he didn't say it about a male teacher Very Happy Very Happy . If he said something demeaning or derogatory, then that would be something to have a conversation about.
Husky
Husky

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 11/16/2009, 10:07 pm

etch if thats the worst thing he said ...I mean come on u hear the way some of these kids talk alot worse is said by them...if u want uncle steve to fly over and talk to the teacher I will lol! lol!
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 11/16/2009, 10:23 pm

Thanks
Etch & Nancy

he did not say anything wrong in my book........
kids now a days do alot worse! how was she dressed? some of these young teachers dress way to provacative......
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 11/16/2009, 10:27 pm

etch wrote:big jim i agree, society today is all about political correctness, at most companies they have more H.R workers then they do reg employees lol, and this is why i said he was wrong, , he did not say anything rude( there are alot worse things to be called) per say, it was a matter of where he was at, who was around(other hormone head 10 yr olds) lmao, and the word (HOT) itself, he didnt say it quietly eithier(gets that from Nancy as, we all know i am the quiet shy type) and btw he said she was wearing a real short skirt big jim lol!

Etch

You have got to be politically correct at all time even if it means acting like an adult when your a child.Did you ever hear about the 6 year old kindergarden student who got arrested for sexual harasment for kissing one of his fellow girl students???Our society is going to hell and quicklly!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 11/16/2009, 10:33 pm

Thanks
Etch & Nancy

Ok Etch

Its from the Old Ho here ,wtf are you nuts the kid is just like you my brother i can see you doing the same when you where in school...!!!!! You should be glad the kid is not a homo .... lol!

And i think Nancy is right by all meens.....No questions asked...no harm no foul.....

Now for my honest opinion ,,,,, This thread is no good with out PIC's

The Salty One

Hey you asked for it.....lmao
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf 11/16/2009, 10:38 pm

It could be worse.. He could come home one day and start building these damn plugs!! lol
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  highhook 11/16/2009, 10:41 pm

First off, I personally don't think it's all that wrong, kids will be kids...how he says it and did she hear him could be the prob.....I kinda wanted to stay clear from this one also.because my wife is a teacher. I asked her to read your post etch and immeadiatly said it was wrong(in her school) also said all school policies differ. I would have Hi-5'd the lil rascal....goodluck with everything.

highhook

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremlin 11/16/2009, 10:44 pm

I've got to agree with Old Salts. Picts Please!! Seriously, all new generations with different words than we used back in the day. I don't think that your son meant any harm in what he said. It doesn't sound like it was derogatory at all. Just my opinion.

Jamie
Gremlin
Gremlin
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 452

Back to top Go down

Post  jbt114 11/16/2009, 10:48 pm

etch wrote:big jim i agree, society today is all about political correctness, at most companies they have more H.R workers then they do reg employees lol, and this is why i said he was wrong, , he did not say anything rude( there are alot worse things to be called) per say, it was a matter of where he was at, who was around(other hormone head 10 yr olds) lmao, and the word (HOT) itself, he didnt say it quietly eithier(gets that from Nancy as, we all know i am the quiet shy type) and btw he said she was wearing a real short skirt big jim lol!

Etch

A ten year old doesn't/shouldn't even have to worry about being politically correct.

Ridiculous...

Chris
jbt114
jbt114

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 11/16/2009, 10:57 pm

Hi Guys

Beau says thanks for agreeing with his mom. I still see both sides and Ed thank god he's not like me or he'd be in jail already, LOL. The teacher was a 17 or 18 year old student that wants to become a teacher and Beau still says she was hot, LOL and Murph if he ever takes up plug building I'm sending him to your house. Brooklynne feels left out so she wants to say hi to everyone.

Etch
etch
etch

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 11/16/2009, 10:58 pm

rocstar21 wrote:

Thanks
Etch & Nancy

he did not say anything wrong in my book........
kids now a days do alot worse! how was she dressed? some of these young teachers dress way to provacative......
Bro,You hit the nail on the head..100% Some of these teacher's dress way to sexy.I have been to quite a few of these parents meet the teacher nights. Wow... affraid
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 11/16/2009, 11:01 pm

isnt your drinkin age 18 ???? if so i think the kids in check ... i go to parent teacher confrences and i think some of my kids teachers are hot .. under my breath ...fishincrazy where is the hot for teacher by van halen vidio

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 11/16/2009, 11:03 pm

Etch tell Beau to say ,.....I would HIT IT.....thats better in my book.....LOL

Good luck on this one...

Hi Brooklynne we love you too....!!!

which side would you be on 218105
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 11/17/2009, 7:50 am

seriously guys my daughter is in college to become a teacher and she did some student teaching already, she dresses like a 21 yr old girl normally but when she teaches she is very conservative. teachers are supposed to be held to a higher standard. if it were my kid i'd say let him take what ever the school wants to dish out (within reason) because this is the way of the world unfortunately. but reassure him to just choose different words next time and dont beat him up at home. my son was pulled on the carpet in kindergarten for sexual harrassment, yup sexual harrassment. the girl in front of him in the bus line was fooling around and he tickled her. the mom tried to bring him up on charges. he was 6 yrs old for petes sake. it sucks the system has no common sense but in this day we have to conform to someones elses rules. one thing's for sure he wont use that wording next time. and she probobly was hot and he was just trying to be one of the guys. just my opinion but make everyone happy in the home and you and the wife have to be on the same page with this.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  echopeus 11/17/2009, 11:51 am

oh my how the world has changed... etch.. brother... the only question on your mind should be does he have good taste :clapping hat:

--i'm sorry but when and if i have a son... i'd be crying if he gets caught saying his female teacher is hot.. cuz i'd be proud.. Very Happy

their kids... god if i got in trouble for all the stuff i'd said or done.. affraid

echopeus

Number of posts : 173

http://www.echoind.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MissRiss 11/17/2009, 12:45 pm

i dont care how old or young the teacher was, she should be dressing for the job not the attention. she needs to be setting a good example for the kids- especially young girls. boys will be boys, your 10 yr old son was just being a typical hormonal kid, it happens. in fact, she might even asked for it. he should not be punished, the teacher aide should have been warned of her attire, maybe even sent home to change without pay for that time missing. why would she need to impress kids half her age for crying out loud?

kinda off topic: i think that people forget that whether you realize it or not, someone does look up to you and you make huge impressions on them and it sticks. the examples that we set, make for the future. this world has gotten out of control, there seems to be no discipline anymore? school today is not what it used to be.. and why are kids telling the parents what to do? i keep seeing and hearing about this, that would not be tolerated in my home.
MissRiss
MissRiss

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 11/17/2009, 2:11 pm

thanxs for all the replies, all very good points, and ed, think i will hit that or smack that will work just as well for a detention, wait till he gets a hot older one and calls her a milf , which side would you be on 56958 , we did not ground him or anything like that, he served a 20 min detention, and thats that, myself and Nancy arent fighting over this or anything like that, we just wanted to do a survey like of the extended family for their opinons as ours were differing on this subject, thanxs again, Etch ,Nancy and kids
etch
etch

Back to top Go down

Post  echopeus 11/17/2009, 2:17 pm

etch - grats on a great young lad...

echopeus

Number of posts : 173

http://www.echoind.com

Back to top Go down

Post  etch 11/17/2009, 2:24 pm

echopeus wrote:etch - grats on a great young lad...

thanxs Echo, i know he meant it as a compliment, it was just the wrong place/ word or way he said it, like right now i am going to get into trouble by saying miss riss is smoking hot, now can i please have a dentention with her, ps dont tell nancy i said that drool affraid mad which side would you be on 56958

Etch
etch
etch

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 11/17/2009, 2:35 pm

etch wrote:
echopeus wrote:etch - grats on a great young lad...

thanxs Echo, i know he meant it as a compliment, it was just the wrong place/ word or way he said it, like right now i am going to get into trouble by saying miss riss is smoking hot, now can i please have a dentention with her, ps dont tell nancy i said that drool affraid mad which side would you be on 56958

Etch
which side would you be on 56958 which side would you be on 56958 which side would you be on 56958 which side would you be on 56958
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 11/17/2009, 2:36 pm

whitey wrote:isnt your drinkin age 18 ???? if so i think the kids in check ... i go to parent teacher confrences and i think some of my kids teachers are hot .. under my breath ...fishincrazy where is the hot for teacher by van halen vidio

U THINK IM HOT which side would you be on 56958 which side would you be on 56958 which side would you be on 56958
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next