Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ran across to your side

4 posters

Go down

Ran across to your side Empty Ran across to your side

Post  Artificial All The Way 7/2/2009, 12:17 pm

Left Stratford in a hurry looking to beat the rain that was coming off the shore. Wind started kicking up some chop but I dropped the hammer and made it out to Middle Grounds dry. Ran into a friend and followed him over to the NY side to do some drifts over a rock bed. I used 5” diamond jigs and he tried buck tails in 20 to 30 foot of water. 2 boats 2 guys on each Sound temps still in the lower 60’s. My buddy on my boat hooked up first. Nice 36” fish. As we were releasing her the other boat hooks up. 33” fish released. Then finally my turn. Set the hook and YELL FISH ON BABY!!!

Drag rips off my reel. Hot dam I think I got a good one. Then it whimps out??? Reel up fast thinking it’s coming at me and sure enough another diving run. Then whimps out and so on. After 15 minutes of playing I spot a 4’ shark on my line. SOB! Not a second later my buddy hooks another fish and his reel screams. I say dog fish or what? NOT! 5 minute after that I am netting a nice fat 40” Striper for him.

Sorry no pics but only had my phone cam and never busted it out. Ended up with several other fish in the mid 30’s. Other boat ended up switching to diamond jigs since we were taking the numbers. Sand Eels were the target of the fish and the jigs matched the hatch better than the buck tails. When the bunker were here last yr I was taking fish in the 40’s left and right as long as we had fresh meat.

Bite slowed so I ran over deeper waters and trolled up some Blue fish for Fluke bait. I’ll be running back to NY tomorrow but up the other end of the Sound around Fishers Island. Can so my tri state runs from there. Starting off casting shallows in the dark for stripers then hitting CT, RI, NY all in one drift Fluke fishing.

Dam just remembered Black fish opens today as well. Need to make some calls to see who has green crabs.

I’ll take some shots for the next report.

Good luck guys and go get on some fish.

Jay

Artificial All The Way

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Ran across to your side Empty BIG RED GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 7/2/2009, 7:24 pm

GREAT REPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Ran across to your side Empty Re: Ran across to your side

Post  Doc Popper 7/2/2009, 8:49 pm

Rivers End almost allways have green crabs Artificial.I was there today and they had a bunch.
Doc Popper
Doc Popper
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 7/3/2009, 8:14 am

Glad you had some fun action w/o a skunk lurking!
Good luck w/ those blackfishes!

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  Artificial All The Way 7/6/2009, 12:46 pm

Thanks guys.

got out on a couple more bass the other night tossing weighless plastics and Spooks. Then a pile of small 3-5lb blues showed up and that was that. Blue on every cast. Played for a little and got back to the dock to drink.

Artificial All The Way

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down