Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simple Flames............bennyraw

+10
fatfingers
SurfChick
whitey
fish factor
FJR
skippy
Minivin5
Gremlin
stevel
bennyraw
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Simple Flames............bennyraw - Page 2 Empty Re: Simple Flames............bennyraw

Post  dozer 277 10/28/2009, 8:57 am

benny i cut out the flames last night, i'm gonna take a few pics as i go and maybe you can give me some hints and tips. if it works it should be cool. i keep re reading the tutorial as i go so i dont get discouraged. i think i used the opposite part of the cutout so i have to look at it again. my flames suck so i gotta redo them. and i did the wrong half of the stencil.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Simple Flames............bennyraw - Page 2 Empty Re: Simple Flames............bennyraw

Post  dozer 277 11/19/2009, 1:14 pm

Ok benny i got the paint on it, looks ok but i learned alot. i will get some pics after i finish the detail work. i think my next ones will be much better. i put on too much paint with the stencil and then learned how to use the french curve. it is a really cool effect gonna try on a white base next time. i think i will get better results. thank you again for the tutorial and the advice. i promise my next ones will be better.

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyraw 11/20/2009, 12:58 pm

Very Happy Lets see a pic.

bennyraw

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 12/5/2009, 8:33 pm

ok benny its painted and clearcoated, doesnt look too bad. i"m in fla till tuesday i'll post pics when i get back. learned alot from you and doing it myself. thanks.

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyraw 12/6/2009, 10:06 am

Cool, I can't wait to see it.

bennyraw

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 12/14/2009, 8:09 am

Here it is benny, 2 important things i learned. i used too much paint with the stencil, and dont put 2 french curve effects back to back it looks like an oval.Any tips and critiques will be greatly appreciated.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyraw 12/14/2009, 10:10 am

I should be asking you for tips, that looks fantastic. Nice job Welcome To SBO

bennyraw

Back to top Go down

Simple Flames............bennyraw - Page 2 Empty man

Post  skippy 12/14/2009, 12:34 pm

dozer 277 wrote:Here it is benny, 2 important things i learned. i used too much paint with the stencil, and dont put 2 french curve effects back to back it looks like an oval.Any tips and critiques will be greatly appreciated.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lokks like a great job Simple Flames............bennyraw - Page 2 560155

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 12/14/2009, 1:31 pm

thanks benny I'm gearing up to do a white base and some blue green and fuscia metallic flames. for me its a patience thing i wanna see it done right away. see what i mean about the stencil color its too heavy. i need to fade it more and use more of the white before i take the stencil off.

dozer 277

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 12/14/2009, 1:50 pm

larry the flames are sick bro look awsome Simple Flames............bennyraw - Page 2 92223 great job Simple Flames............bennyraw - Page 2 560155
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2