Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help I Need advice on Rod and Reel

+5
STRIPERTED
whitey
jettyjunkie
holymackeral
surffishingbum
9 posters

Go down

Help I Need advice on Rod and Reel Empty Help I Need advice on Rod and Reel

Post  surffishingbum 3/13/2010, 2:49 pm

Hi,

I am looking for a plugging rod and reel.

Do you suggest a spinning set up or conventional set up.

What size rod do you suggest?

What Reel do you recommend.

And finally what type of line?
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Number of posts : 128

https://www.facebook.com/home.php

Back to top Go down

Help I Need advice on Rod and Reel Empty Re: Help I Need advice on Rod and Reel

Post  holymackeral 3/13/2010, 3:14 pm

ok need some info here.... like what size plugs you plan on throwing? where your going to be fishing? and whether you like spinning or conventional better? and what kind of money are you looking to spend.

personally i can't afford all the fancy equipment like some guys can. i went with what i could afford. i got a tsunami airwave 10' that throws 2-4 oz. i've thrown as little as 1 oz without much trouble. i put a nautil 6500 on mine and my brother has the same rod with a penn greenie 704. love his set up with the 704. tried the new trace braid and i'm loving it so far.

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishingbum 3/13/2010, 3:30 pm

holymackeral wrote:ok need some info here.... like what size plugs you plan on throwing? where your going to be fishing? and whether you like spinning or conventional better? and what kind of money are you looking to spend.

personally i can't afford all the fancy equipment like some guys can. i went with what i could afford. i got a tsunami airwave 10' that throws 2-4 oz. i've thrown as little as 1 oz without much trouble. i put a nautil 6500 on mine and my brother has the same rod with a penn greenie 704. love his set up with the 704. tried the new trace braid and i'm loving it so far.

I fish IBSP and Brig, I plan to throw 2 to 6 oz, I throw an 9 foot tica dolphin right now with a spinning and was wondering if I should go bigger. And I would like to know the difference between con. versus spinning.
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Back to top Go down

Post  jettyjunkie 3/13/2010, 7:12 pm

if u can swing it get a lami supersurf 10' 101ms and a zx 25 with 40lb sufix. I have this and love it. Very universal setup
jettyjunkie
jettyjunkie

Number of posts : 633

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 3/13/2010, 7:20 pm

get a tsunami 10 foot with a penn 704z ... it will be $ 200.00 bucks and you can fish for pretty much any thing in the surf and get good distance ... i got a lami and what not and i think i can toss plugs further with my tsunami and a 704 with 40 pound power pro braid ..

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 3/13/2010, 7:24 pm

i didnt get the airwave i got the trophy ???? i think its called that anyway ... my waders are $ 69.00 dollars also ... i think im just as dry as the guys wearing the $169.00 ones Help I Need advice on Rod and Reel 870783

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  STRIPERTED 3/13/2010, 11:31 pm

whitey wrote:i didnt get the airwave i got the trophy ???? i think its called that anyway ... my waders are $ 69.00 dollars also ... i think im just as dry as the guys wearing the $169.00 ones Help I Need advice on Rod and Reel 870783
WHO ARE you fishing with mine are 300+ lol!
I seem to remember a field repair on your 69 $ wader suspenders Help I Need advice on Rod and Reel 56958
YT is right you cant go wrong with the TSUNAMIS I run LAMIS & VS but I also have an AIRWAVE very relaible for the $$$$$

STRIPERTED

Number of posts : 722

Back to top Go down

Post  slamming snizz69 3/14/2010, 10:11 pm

jettyjunkie wrote:if u can swing it get a lami supersurf 10' 101ms and a zx 25 with 40lb sufix. I have this and love it. Very universal setup

I agree 50% with jettyjunkie but switch the reel from the ZX25 to the VS200
slamming snizz69
slamming snizz69

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Help I Need advice on Rod and Reel Empty combo

Post  gaelicwarrior 3/14/2010, 11:17 pm

10ft used lami surf and jetty and a bailess 704 if on a budget.

10ft ss lami and vs200 if not.

i love the zb ,but i have managed to break all of mine ,and although rob has always been great about fixing them . now they are officially china i will stick with my proven VS made in usa, until they iron out the kinks in production at zb.(and yes i am aware vs are also now china)

gaelicwarrior

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishingbum 3/15/2010, 11:32 am

Everything is F-ing China made anymore I can not stand it. We alive in a country where by this summer 25% of the population will be out of work and our dam companies keep making the F-ing Chinese rich. Products from China are being recalled on a daily basis, they send toys back to the USA that are full of lead base paint and what the hell does our wonderful government do about it nothing. It is about time we bring the jobs back to this country. Greed is what drives these companies over there.

Sorry about my language.

Help I Need advice on Rod and Reel 218105
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 3/15/2010, 11:21 pm

surffishingbum wrote:Everything is F-ing China made anymore I can not stand it. We alive in a country where by this summer 25% of the population will be out of work and our dam companies keep making the F-ing Chinese rich. Products from China are being recalled on a daily basis, they send toys back to the USA that are full of lead base paint and what the hell does our wonderful government do about it nothing. It is about time we bring the jobs back to this country. Greed is what drives these companies over there.

Sorry about my language.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yo yo yo Bum

Sup man

I have a penn Torque 5 coming in the end of this month and i am going to match it up with a St Croix MoJo 10 footer..!!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Penn Torque 5 = USA Made [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gaelicwarrior 3/15/2010, 11:38 pm

have they finalized the bailess kit on those torques?
last proto i had my hands on where bailed and heavy on the same scale as the accurate twinspin models.

i would like to hear how you get on with it i would be interested in one if they live up to the hype and dont turn out to be high speed boat jigging reels like the accurate and have too tight of machined tolerences too deal with sand and the surf.

sorry surfishingbum not trying to hijack your thread just interested . Help I Need advice on Rod and Reel 218105

gaelicwarrior

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post  surffishingbum 3/16/2010, 11:33 am

gaelicwarrior wrote:have they finalized the bailess kit on those torques?
last proto i had my hands on where bailed and heavy on the same scale as the accurate twinspin models.

i would like to hear how you get on with it i would be interested in one if they live up to the hype and dont turn out to be high speed boat jigging reels like the accurate and have too tight of machined tolerences too deal with sand and the surf.

sorry surfishingbum not trying to hijack your thread just interested . Help I Need advice on Rod and Reel 218105

Thats ok, it is all good. Very Happy
surffishingbum
surffishingbum

Back to top Go down

Post  Val@Oceanside 3/17/2010, 2:23 pm

Hey surffishingbum - thats too long to type.!! lol Anyway I sent u a pm. I love the Tica Dolphin 9' 1/2-3. I know alot of you on here have this plugging rod becasue I sold it to you! Very Happy

Id put a boca 30 on it. go cabo if ya got the loot!
Val@Oceanside
Val@Oceanside
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down