Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need kayak advice

+2
first2wins
dozer 277
6 posters

Go down

need kayak advice Empty need kayak advice

Post  dozer 277 12/5/2009, 8:16 pm

Ok guys i'm down in florida and stopped in a kayak shop down here. he has a 2008 hobie revolution fully outfitted for fishing. rod holders, fishfinder, anchor trolley, upgraded fins, upgraded rudder, fiberglass paddle, thing looks like new. gonna trial that and an outback same year but all stock. wants $1400 for the revo, and $1200 for the outback. what do you guys think. i cant wait to try them out I've never tried a mirage drive before so i am anxious. guy said $100 bucks to ship back to jersey. let me know what you think.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

need kayak advice Empty Re: need kayak advice

Post  first2wins 12/5/2009, 8:33 pm

As long as it doesn’t sink that looks like a good deal…The Revo is a good all around yak….I feel the outback is a tad small for anything but calm waters
first2wins
first2wins

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post  HONEYHOLEDIPPER 12/6/2009, 12:58 am

Did you say u test drove them? allways do, did you get local prices? Try Bel Heaven ask for dave, u want at least 13 ft of boat. I never tried the peddle yaks yet , I am happy w/ my Prowler 13 and tarpons 14 and 12
good luck, I will be putting a trip for CapeCod together in june if interested.
HONEYHOLEDIPPER
HONEYHOLEDIPPER

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 12/6/2009, 8:34 am

Get the Revo, you won't be sorry and that's a good price. The outback is a good yak, but it's heavy and bulky to load and move around, also it doesn't paddle very well if you should need to. The revo paddles well if needed and a lot easier to handle, faster too. I've had 4 different yaks and have paddled many others, wouldn't trade my revo for any of them. Good luck with what ever you do !!!
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 12/7/2009, 12:33 am

tried them both today, you guys were right on, the outback is really wide and feels very heavy. also tough to paddle. the revo is very nice handles well and you can paddle if you need to. gonna hold off on getting it here. dont want the shipping costs. I need some dealers names here in jersey. there is one on the other site but i dont see one here.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 12/7/2009, 8:54 am

Kayak Fishing Stuff, Mine Hill NJ. Ask for Craig. Great people to deal with, won't do you wrong.
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  RobG 12/8/2009, 6:24 pm

Pull the trigger on the Revo...worth the cash...especially rigged out like that.

RobG

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  IRON LURES 12/8/2009, 6:27 pm

I have the outback, and wish i got the revo. The only benefits of the outback are its slightly wider for stability, and its short which helps when just sticking it in the bed of shortbed truck. The revo is faster and more manuverable. definately go revo, its a better boat.
good luck!
Cory
IRON LURES
IRON LURES
SPONSOR
SPONSOR

Number of posts : 264

http://www.ironlures.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 12/8/2009, 7:00 pm

Hi Rob, I see you found your way here Welcome To SBO
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  first2wins 12/8/2009, 10:59 pm

You are probably not going to find a better deal than that. Even with the 100 for shipping.
first2wins
first2wins

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post  RobG 12/9/2009, 10:09 am

FJR wrote:Hi Rob, I see you found your way here Welcome To SBO
Thanks again for the tip! Will start postin plug picts soon...been wood deficient, recently found a cache of eastern white cedar for the taking, just haven't taken any yet..needs to be milled a bit, the...got to get the lathe-a-spinning!

RobG

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down