Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Tuna Trip- need tips/advice

4 posters

Go down

First Tuna Trip- need tips/advice Empty First Tuna Trip- need tips/advice

Post  MissRiss 8/17/2009, 11:32 am

We have our first tuna trip this weekend out of Cape May on the 23rd!! Does anyone have advice/tips to share before the big adventure?
Thanks in advance! Very Happy
MissRiss
MissRiss

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

First Tuna Trip- need tips/advice Empty Re: First Tuna Trip- need tips/advice

Post  smitty 8/17/2009, 5:41 pm

im sure Joe can give you a few tips on how and where to puke he seems to have that down pretty good...

hey good luck on that trip wish the both of ya big scores and be safe...... Very Happy First Tuna Trip- need tips/advice 870783
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 8/17/2009, 5:57 pm

hey riss call swabby he goes out a few times a week he told me all the fish are in the canyon and the bluefin have gone north....and hey smitty you suck i puked one time in 4 trips.....and you cant catch any sharks too smitty...lolololol
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Number of posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  MissRiss 8/17/2009, 9:46 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Im not sure exactly where we are headed, just know its about 30-60 miles off shore. Ill be sure to post a report about our trip!
*Thanks smitty, ill do my best making sure any puking goes over board, lol ;)
We have some ear patches for sea sickness, so hopefully that will do the trick, prey for good weather for us!! :..............
MissRiss
MissRiss

Back to top Go down

Post  MissRiss 8/18/2009, 10:28 am

i hope hurricane bill doesnt ruin our trip... we might have to post pone it.
MissRiss
MissRiss

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 8/18/2009, 6:28 pm

riss i used those friggin ear things and was sicker than ever till i took it off....they were terrible the bonnie or wat ever its called its like drammine but chewable worked way better for me
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Back to top Go down

Post  MissRiss 8/19/2009, 11:53 am

We got a prescription from the Dr. Did you use the product correctly? Im not sure the name of this one, i know its a small circle patch you stick behind your ear... ill look to see what it is tonight.
im not sure if we are headed out due to the hurricane, i checked the projected path and it looks to be around the jersey coast on sunday :shock: , so i think we are gonna post pone.. well call the capt. tonight and see what he thinks/says about it. id rather us be safer than sorry..
MissRiss
MissRiss

Back to top Go down

Post  joesfishinproblem 8/19/2009, 2:56 pm

yea i did like they said riss they were from the doc too but everyone is differnt i may just be a big sissy boy and just puke alot lol
joesfishinproblem
joesfishinproblem

Back to top Go down

Post  MissRiss 8/19/2009, 3:04 pm

aw...yea im not sure how i will react bc i have not been offshore before. i did go to Australia and we were on a ferry to snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef... i puked 9 times (during the ride coming back in), haha, the waves (from what i remember) they said were 4 meters, so i think thats 12 ft. waves. This was about 10 years ago... but i didnt take dramamine or anything. We are fine in the DE Bay- we get 3 ft. waves at most since its a small area of water, so I never take dramamine or anything, my stomach is fine. I personally think its mental but I know that the liquid in your ear has lots to do with it too (when rocking back and forth) it triggers the nausousness. I just hope our trip isnt ruined by sea sickness, otherwise, if i have to get sick, i want it done and overwith (we will be out there 12-16 hours) and just be a champ about it. :.............. i guess well just see what happens :)
MissRiss
MissRiss

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 8/19/2009, 3:53 pm

Sea sickness, I can say I have never puke yet, and I have been out in 8-10 after tropical storms. It might be because I lived in my buddies sail boat for a while though...
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down