Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NYS Recreational Marine Fishing License

+6
fish factor
Kevnmary
whitey
fishpro
echopeus
Smoke
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NYS Recreational Marine Fishing License Empty NYS Recreational Marine Fishing License

Post  Smoke 9/29/2009, 12:28 pm

Well as of October 1st you will need a Saltwater Fishing License..>CHECK OUT THE LINK<
NYS Recreational Marine Fishing License 870783 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] NYS Recreational Marine Fishing License 870783
NYS Recreational Marine Fishing License 870783 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Smoke on 9/29/2009, 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

NYS Recreational Marine Fishing License Empty Re: NYS Recreational Marine Fishing License

Post  echopeus 9/29/2009, 12:36 pm

do we need one for the fling?
i'm going to say that it we will need it for the fling but if anyone knows otherwise...

echopeus

Number of posts : 173

http://www.echoind.com

Back to top Go down

NYS Recreational Marine Fishing License Empty Re: NYS Recreational Marine Fishing License

Post  Smoke 9/29/2009, 12:58 pm

echopeus wrote:do we need one for the fling?
i'm going to say that it we will need it for the fling but if anyone knows otherwise...
I'm getting ready to walk put the door to get mine,i will find out WUP.. confused
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 9/29/2009, 1:15 pm

I guess that meens you need one to fish in the NY side of the Raritan Bay also. I hope we don't need one for the fling...
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 9/29/2009, 1:52 pm

OK HOW THE #@$%!^ CAN THEY CHARGE FULL PRICE FOR A 3 MONTH LICENSE ... THE license expires on the calander date of the year ... homo mad looser i have a ct. saltwater license i think covers me not sure...
it also says note pending legislation ... they did that in ct. they sold licenses before it was law NYS Recreational Marine Fishing License 92223

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 9/29/2009, 2:09 pm

So how does this work?

We let NYers fish in NJ waters without a license.

Are there any reciprocal license agreements with other states where marine waters form boundaries with other states?
Yes, in certain waters, if a state grants New York recreational marine fishing license holders fishing privileges in that state's portion of the boundary water(s), then New York grants appropriately licensed anglers from that state the privilege to fish in the New York portion of the boundary water(s) without securing a New York recreational marine fishing license:

Connecticut: those parts of Long Island Sound lying between New York and Connecticut
New Jersey: those parts of New York Harbor, Hudson River, Kill Van Kull, Arthur Kill, Raritan Bay, and Atlantic Ocean lying between New Jersey and New York, and
Rhode Island: those parts of Long Island Sound, Block Island Sound and the Atlantic Ocean lying between Rhode Island and New York
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 9/29/2009, 3:07 pm

OK HERE is WHAT THE TOWN CLERK GAVE ME WITH MY PERMIT..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Smoke on 9/29/2009, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 9/29/2009, 3:09 pm

so what does that mean ..... i have a ct. licence is it good or is it just good if i fish the border ?????

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 9/29/2009, 3:12 pm

whitey wrote:so what does that mean ..... i have a ct. licence is it good or is it just good if i fish the border ?????
YT,good question,call the number in the photo..there might be a 2 or 3 day fishing pass with a fee..
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  echopeus 9/29/2009, 3:18 pm

just saw this in the PDF
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

RESIDENT
Annual $10
7-Day $8
1-Day $4
Lifetime $150
Lifetime Combination
Freshwater and Marine $450
NON-RESIDENT
Annual $15
7-Day $10
1-Day $5

echopeus

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 9/29/2009, 3:27 pm

OK i just got off the phone with WALLY the guy in charge of answering questions ... CAN I FISH WITH A CT. LICENSE ... i dont know i think so ... NYS Recreational Marine Fishing License 56958 .. he said its to soon to tell yes or no but he thinks ill be all set ... he says the same thing if you have a license from another state you should be fine just like a drivers license ... but he isnt the guy to make that stick ... hopefully he will be able to pass it on to the govermant

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 9/29/2009, 4:16 pm

whitey wrote:OK i just got off the phone with WALLY the guy in charge of answering questions ... CAN I FISH WITH A CT. LICENSE ... i dont know i think so ... NYS Recreational Marine Fishing License 56958 .. he said its to soon to tell yes or no but he thinks ill be all set ... he says the same thing if you have a license from another state you should be fine just like a drivers license ... but he isnt the guy to make that stick ... hopefully he will be able to pass it on to the govermant
I really dont think it will be a real issue this year,as in really cracking down big time.time will only tell... affraid
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  echopeus 9/29/2009, 4:23 pm

cool :) i'll probably still dish out the extra 10 beans...

echopeus

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 9/29/2009, 4:30 pm

It's not a big deal till you catch a big fish and go to weigh it in at a touney.... Sorry to be pesamistic but when government gets involved its the citizens getting screwed.
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 9/29/2009, 4:50 pm

im going for the 15 dollar one if it isnt because you know if you buy the 7 day for some off the wall reason you will be fishing ny one more time

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  echopeus 9/29/2009, 4:51 pm

just realized yeah i fish the SI from time to time.. might as well get the annual one.. good heads up Very Happy thanks

echopeus

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 9/29/2009, 5:02 pm

Will I be able to get a lic near the fall fln when I get out there
does anyone know of specific stores near the fling
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  echopeus 9/29/2009, 5:03 pm

you can get it online...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... wrong link..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by echopeus on 9/29/2009, 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

echopeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 9/29/2009, 5:04 pm

fish factor wrote:Will I be able to get a lic near the fall fln when I get out there
i'll look into this for you.
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 9/29/2009, 5:14 pm

fish factor wrote:Will I be able to get a lic near the fall fln when I get out there

I am going to have the same problem....by the time I get there the B&T shops will probably be closed.
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 9/29/2009, 5:26 pm

i will be heading out there in the morning
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 9/29/2009, 6:13 pm

If its anything like NJ you can buy it online and print out a couple copies of the license yourself.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 9/29/2009, 6:24 pm

Kevnmary wrote:If its anything like NJ you can buy it online and print out a couple copies of the license yourself.
Kev,I believe your 100% correct..please look into this for us.also post the link.thanks Smoke Very Happy
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 9/29/2009, 6:29 pm

I allready tried that....and you need some number that you get for previously buying a liscense
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 9/29/2009, 6:56 pm

All the information with screen shots is posted and stickyed in the NY Forum, Andy and I researched this info 2 weeks ago. The links are there also..
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next