Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salt Water Fishing License yes or no

+5
whitey
first2wins
stevel
striperslayer
smitty
9 posters

Go down

Salt Water Fishing License yes or no Empty Salt Water Fishing License yes or no

Post  smitty 11/17/2009, 9:41 pm

just wondering how everyone would feel if we had to buy a license to fish the surf..???
Would you be willing to buy one if the money went to back in to recreational fishing???

I know i would have no problem with it and think it would be a good idea but on the flip side i think it would put a damper on a family outing for some who would like to go take the kids fishing once or twice in the summer.

Now how about making it a striper license if you target a striper you must have a license to do so and to keep them...
They do it with trout in the fresh water rite why not a optional license with a striper stamp.

just wondering what you people think about this....
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Salt Water Fishing License yes or no Empty Re: Salt Water Fishing License yes or no

Post  striperslayer 11/17/2009, 9:47 pm

I agree about the striper stamp. In DE, we have to buy a liscense to fish the salt. The liscense combines fresh and salt water and it is cheap, only like $20 for that and a trout stamp. As far as the striper stamp, why not broaden it. Maybe a bluefish stamp, striper stamp, and so on for other species.
striperslayer
striperslayer

Number of posts : 325

Back to top Go down

Salt Water Fishing License yes or no Empty Re: Salt Water Fishing License yes or no

Post  stevel 11/17/2009, 9:52 pm

just got my ny liscence pd 150 for lifetime opposed to 10 a yr say the price will rocket in the upcommin yrs so went with the lifetime to avoid increasses each yr.Like u said if I wanted to take my son for the day got to get him a liscence thats kind of a pain,IF THEY ARE USING THE MONEY FOR THE RITE REASONS ALL FOR IT BUT WHERE IS THE MONEY REALLY GOIN confused confused
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  first2wins 11/17/2009, 10:13 pm

Completely against a state license for all saltwater fishing. Especially from land. We are already taxed extra on all fishing equipment.

This year alone I will have fished the following states: RI, NY, NJ, PA, Del, MD, VA

And I have done family Florida trip most years.

Say you’re a family of 2,3,4 who all fish together something that used to be a family oriented activity that everyone could enjoy for relatively low cost is now costing big bucks.

The way these licenses are set up it is all about the money. There is no information gained on how often you fish, for what and what you keep. I would be in favor of a having to print out tags and submitting info to nonprofit organizations that want to collect data, but self reported data is fairly useless.

I would even go to the extent of getting a national license and filling out a survey upon renewal. Or if you are a person who only fishes one state you get the option of a limited license for a reduced price.

And if the states are going to bitch about loss of revenue then each angler chooses a home state and money is distributed proportionately to states according to anglers home state affiliation.

I also think the regulations on limit and size should be national as well.

rant over
first2wins
first2wins

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 11/18/2009, 8:46 pm

the govermant is going to do it if the states dont .... states get no money if the govermant does the license ... i think if you buy one in any state you should be able to fish any ocean /us waters ....

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 11/18/2009, 10:41 pm

whitey wrote:the govermant is going to do it if the states dont .... states get no money if the govermant does the license ... i think if you buy one in any state you should be able to fish any ocean /us waters ....

I AGREE 100 % Salt Water Fishing License yes or no 560155 Salt Water Fishing License yes or no 560155
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 11/19/2009, 9:36 am

smitty wrote:just wondering how everyone would feel if we had to buy a license to fish the surf..???
Would you be willing to buy one if the money went to back in to recreational fishing???

I know i would have no problem with it and think it would be a good idea but on the flip side i think it would put a damper on a family outing for some who would like to go take the kids fishing once or twice in the summer.

Now how about making it a striper license if you target a striper you must have a license to do so and to keep them...
They do it with trout in the fresh water rite why not a optional license with a striper stamp.

just wondering what you people think about this....

IM ALL FOR IT. AS LONG AS THE MONEY GOES BACK IN TO THE THE WATERS WHERE IT SHOULD GO. BUT HE NY STATE IS TAKING THE MONEY. PUTTING IT INTO A SLUSH FUND. THAT HAS NOTHING TOO DO WITH THE FISH.WHICH I THINK IS WRONG.ITS JUST ANOTHER WAY OF TAXING US THE FISHERMEN. WE ARE ALREADY TAX ON EVERYTHING WE BUY FOR OUR SPORT. I DONT SEE HOW ITS GOING TOO HELP THE FISH OUT. NEXT THEY WILL SAY YOU NEED STAMPS FOR BASS ,BLUES, FLUKE,BLACKFISH, AND SO ON.ALL THAT MONEY WILL BE ADD TOO THE SLUSH FUND. SO WE LOSE OUT AGAIN. BUT IF WE WANT TOO FISH WE MUST BUY A FISHING LICENESE. IF IT WAS SET UP ANOTHER WAY I WOULD BE MORE FOR IT.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  gonefishing 11/19/2009, 8:09 pm

I am for the license IF the money went back to either the fisheries or DEC enforcement. I got my license because I still wanted to fish this season. At the time, it was either the NYS license or the Federal license which would have charged us a fee and the money would go to the Federal government. Now Sen. Schumer, Foley and Fields are pushing legislation to repeal the license fee and make it free Saltwater Registry. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gonefishing
gonefishing

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeybonz 11/19/2009, 8:32 pm

19$ a yr FRESHWATER
150$LIFETIME SLATWATER

these stamps for games species with take in effect i believe

im for it if we actually hear or see money going back into the right places.

i feel if there going to force us to have licenses we should at least see an increase in dec cops around for once ! plenty of people still fish without licenses and when i asked a ranger how they are handling this year he said people without them get a warning! So why did i pay for the last 3 month of this season then? This system is a joke
mikeybonz
mikeybonz
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1048

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 11/19/2009, 10:37 pm

With the mess this country is already in why trust these BOZO's w/ any more of my money? Will I get a rebate if I release all my fish? Sorry I just do'nt see any good coming from this. Not to mention if I buy a licence to fish off the beach and one fu*%*#g piping plover takes up residence....then what confused
Sorry had to vent!!!!

Bluesfish Salt Water Fishing License yes or no 962367
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 11/19/2009, 10:55 pm

keep them coming guys good info and thoughts..... Salt Water Fishing License yes or no 962367
smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 11/19/2009, 10:56 pm

Bluesfish wrote:With the mess this country is already in why trust these BOZO's w/ any more of my money? Will I get a rebate if I release all my fish? Sorry I just do'nt see any good coming from this. Not to mention if I buy a licence to fish off the beach and one fu*%*#g piping plover takes up residence....then what confused
Sorry had to vent!!!!

good point
smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS 11/20/2009, 12:40 am

smitty wrote:
Bluesfish wrote:With the mess this country is already in why trust these BOZO's w/ any more of my money? Will I get a rebate if I release all my fish? Sorry I just do'nt see any good coming from this. Not to mention if I buy a licence to fish off the beach and one fu*%*#g piping plover takes up residence....then what [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sorry had to vent!!!!

Bluesfish [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

good point
PIPING PLOVER TASTE LIKE CHCIKEN. MAKE A PIPING PIE.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 11/20/2009, 8:29 am

REDBASS wrote:
smitty wrote:
Bluesfish wrote:With the mess this country is already in why trust these BOZO's w/ any more of my money? Will I get a rebate if I release all my fish? Sorry I just do'nt see any good coming from this. Not to mention if I buy a licence to fish off the beach and one fu*%*#g piping plover takes up residence....then what [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sorry had to vent!!!!

Bluesfish [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

good point
PIPING PLOVER TASTE LIKE CHCIKEN. MAKE A PIPING PIE.

Wonder if Rachel Ray has a 30 min recipie for them lol!

Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down