Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June fishing conditions for Southwest Florida....

2 posters

Go down

June fishing conditions for Southwest Florida.... Empty June fishing conditions for Southwest Florida....

Post  Minivin5 6/6/2009, 9:56 am

Well it is June already and the Sting Rays have arrived, cruising the beaches looking for baitfish and a mate. The water is around 84 degrees, Snook season is closed cause they are breeding too. The Tarpon are just a 100 yards off the beaches rolling in the morning sun, on their way to the play ground of Boca Grande Pass. The Tarpon go to this pass every year in anticipation of the states largest Blue Crab migrations out of the back bays. This time of year also brings in the SHARKS, their two favorite foods are here now( Sting Rays & Tarpon). It is not uncommon to see 12-18 foot sharks cruising the beaches and passes hunting. My personal best from the beach is in the month of June, I brought in a 6' 8" Bull Shark. I was a great fight and a bit frightening as the fight was at dusk and ended in darkness. This time of year is trophy fish time, HUGE Snook, Tarpon, and Sharks are in our waters. Please as a reminder these fish are to be released and treated with respect.

If you do decide to come down, send me a PM, I will gladly show you around and I have plenty of gear if you need.

Enjoy your month of June!

Tight Lines~ Vinny
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

June fishing conditions for Southwest Florida.... Empty hey minivan,,,,

Post  skippy 6/6/2009, 11:06 am

Minivin5 wrote:Well it is June already and the Sting Rays have arrived, cruising the beaches looking for baitfish and a mate. The water is around 84 degrees, Snook season is closed cause they are breeding too. The Tarpon are just a 100 yards off the beaches rolling in the morning sun, on their way to the play ground of Boca Grande Pass. The Tarpon go to this pass every year in anticipation of the states largest Blue Crab migrations out of the back bays. This time of year also brings in the SHARKS, their two favorite foods are here now( Sting Rays & Tarpon). It is not uncommon to see 12-18 foot sharks cruising the beaches and passes hunting. My personal best from the beach is in the month of June, I brought in a 6' 8" Bull Shark. I was a great fight and a bit frightening as the fight was at dusk and ended in darkness. This time of year is trophy fish time, HUGE Snook, Tarpon, and Sharks are in our waters. Please as a reminder these fish are to be released and treated with respect.

If you do decide to come down, send me a PM, I will gladly show you around and I have plenty of gear if you need.

Enjoy your month of June!

Tight Lines~ Vinny
I think the word you are looking for is total insanity, I take two weeks off every year for boca pass it is the wildest thing I have ever particapted in, last year the boat next to me was fighting a oneeighty calss tarpon when the fish jumped in my boat to get away from the giant hammerhead that was chasing it. Needless to say it took a while for me to get my breath back

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

June fishing conditions for Southwest Florida.... Empty Here is a taste.......

Post  Minivin5 6/6/2009, 2:21 pm

This is in my back yard,lol

Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

June fishing conditions for Southwest Florida.... Empty Re: June fishing conditions for Southwest Florida....

Post  Guest 6/13/2009, 6:16 am

Vinny, if you have those Rays working down your way, following them is usually a couple nice cobia, Our cobia tourney up here we had the max limit of 200 boats, how ever the weather SUCKED rain Friday/Saturday with wind 15 or so, slight chop may Azz, not many Cobia caught at all and then they were caught in 50-60ft water and in my 19ft no way was i going that far out . A 38lb Cobia won the Big money and 17lb Grouper took home a Few $$$ I did not catch a fish worth the time to take to weigh in station

Rain quit and now this week some being caught in close no real Big size, but lot of legal size How is grouper//Snapper down your way ???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

June fishing conditions for Southwest Florida.... Empty Re: June fishing conditions for Southwest Florida....

Post  Minivin5 6/13/2009, 8:53 am

I was fishing the Sanibel causeway for the past 2 days, tons of bait!! I caught Spanish Mackerel( I was using Husky's FoTins) The guys around me were using bait of all sorts. A keeper grouper and mangrove were taken just next to me. A lot of nurse sharks around too. I need to get out on a boat and do some serious fishing.
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down