Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reports??? lets see some reports

+12
CaptFrank
Kevnmary
Freddy 4mcola
woodwker99
Large John
rider3
Charlie G.
A.O.K.
ChrisL
Zmat
JeffL
smitty
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

reports??? lets see some reports - Page 2 Empty Re: reports??? lets see some reports

Post  Kevnmary 6/25/2012, 11:31 am

I fished Sea Bright Sunday morning from 4:30-8:30. Lousy tide but a beautiful morning. I threw the bag starting with a Hab's burple needlefish which I wound up losing to the rocks. reports??? lets see some reports - Page 2 177925
Switched over to a white spook, an beachmaster junior, a parrot pencil, a t-hex, a bucktail, a bunker fatboy, maybe one or two others that I can remember. Not a tap. One pod of bunker came by that definitely had fish on them but they were just beyond casting range. Then two or three others came by in range but had nothing on them. So I'm there fishing the south pocket on one of the jettys and there some bait guys set up about 50 yards south of me. Around 7:00 a whole clan of googans come down with about 10 rods, 4 buckets, 8 sand spikes and a bushel and a half of clams and set up right behind me. I kid you not, they were literally 15 feet to my south side and they began setting their sand spikes. I mean come on really? Miles of open beach to the North and miles of open beach past the bait guys set up 50 yards away from me. So it was a grandfather, grandmother, 3 guys in their 20's, and a little kid, not that it matters but I don't think they were native NJ guys. Anyway, the grandfather is setting up the rods and shucking all the clams, all the while I'm thinking ok maybe they're going to wait until I am gone. Nope first rod baited the grandfather walks to the edge of the water, rears back to give it all he's got and follows through. As soon as the rod uncoils I hear a loud snap and his clams, and hooks, and sinker set sail unrestricted toward Spain. I think to myself....ahhhh, KARMA! Unfortunately that didn't last long as he proceeded to rig and bait the remaining 9 rods and cast them just barely past the shoreline trough. Each rod getting progressively closer to me to the point where I thought the next one had to be cast over my head. I'm not sure any of these people ever fished before except maybe the Grandfather. They caught a sea robin and nobody could tell what it was and I think they thought you could get shocked from it as they were afraid to even touch it's tail. I couldn't take it anymore so I watched one more pod of bunker swim by with nothing on them and I packed it in and went home.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

reports??? lets see some reports - Page 2 Empty Re: reports??? lets see some reports

Post  ridenfish39 7/3/2012, 8:28 am

For anyone that wants to have some ultralight fun.....
My friends hit the north end of the park Sunday early and killed the small Blues. Nothing was bigger than 2 lbs. They had the most fun on small poppers (before the wind picked up) with a single barbless hook on the end. After it got windy they switched to small Kastmasters.
I hope they stick around and some Fluke show up when I get time off work.
ridenfish39
ridenfish39

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 7/3/2012, 12:43 pm

you guys are doing some great reports. I like reading how others are doing.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddy 4mcola 7/3/2012, 1:09 pm

been wanting to get out the last 2 wks but with the heat and the time of the tides, I haven't been out hope to get out the Thurs or Friday
Freddy 4mcola
Freddy 4mcola

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffL 7/5/2012, 10:25 pm

Small metals and teasers is the trick if nothing is going on atleast the small blues will keep u entertained ^_^
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down

Post  woodwker99 7/11/2012, 11:52 pm

South shore of Long Island slow with weeds... some have said they got bass and fluke ... I havent had a bump in 2 nights of trying.
woodwker99
woodwker99

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post  rider3 7/15/2012, 10:19 pm

hit the bay side in the cape may area again yesterday...............

hit 3 shops and could not find blood worms any where..........

fished small peices of mullet on a small float rig, and fished the gulp blood worms wiht no takers............

Fished my trusty AoK Pb-40 under a teaser hook with gulp for fluke with no takers...............

Did not see one fish caught all day, I missed 3 hits..............

But it was a great day on the beach with my wife and son......................
rider3
rider3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post  woodwker99 7/26/2012, 10:28 pm

Fished the beach last night from 6 till dark 30. one small (9") fluke on a green buck tailed Kastmaster.
1 searobin also on the cast master.

Fished the whole incoming to outgoing in my usual spots in the bay. not a bump. fished fresh peanuts, bucktails, bombers, green and red tailed Kastmasters.... nada... are there fish left????
woodwker99
woodwker99

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffL 7/26/2012, 10:50 pm

I haven't been out in a few weeks =(
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down

Post  woodwker99 8/2/2012, 9:52 pm

Snappers showed up in mass this week. we have tons and tons of peanuts up both rivers here and in the bay. The snappers are starting to get some shoulders on them and there are a few cocktails mixed in with them and are a blast on snapper rods rigged with 4lb test let me tell you. saw some of the guys who went out on boats reporting that the fluke fishing is picking up again with lots of good keepers.
woodwker99
woodwker99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2