Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reports??? lets see some reports

+12
CaptFrank
Kevnmary
Freddy 4mcola
woodwker99
Large John
rider3
Charlie G.
A.O.K.
ChrisL
Zmat
JeffL
smitty
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

reports??? lets see some reports Empty reports??? lets see some reports

Post  smitty 4/22/2012, 2:27 pm

post the reports if you got them good or bad lets hear them...... Very Happy
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

reports??? lets see some reports Empty Re: reports??? lets see some reports

Post  JeffL 4/22/2012, 2:40 pm

Went out lastnight ended up 4 skates and lost one bass in the wash. Then went back at it this morning with not much luck other then some of the biggest skates i ever seen lol.. Had one swim shad bit in half. Seen one guy throw a bass back and talked to a guy fly fishing which said he let go a short and lost another.. Water started to get a little dirty and everything picked up went from using 6oz to not being able to hold with 10oz.. Also dozed off for a min and woke up to some guy blowing as i look at my bait rod it was damn near about to be ripped out of the ground but by the time i got out of the truck and to it the fish decided to leave =P
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down

Post  Zmat 4/22/2012, 3:14 pm

Fished Barnegat Bay backwaters Friday night, with loads of worms in the water, only to return home with clean smelling hands. reports??? lets see some reports 177925

Zmat

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisL 4/22/2012, 3:26 pm

Fished Barneget Bay in the SSP park area a few nights ago.
Tons of bait around....bunk, worms, small bait.
Got a few 5-6lb blues on chunks. Not a single bump on small plugs.

Went home smelling like fish puke reports??? lets see some reports 870783 As I leadered one of the blues, he did the headshake and regurgitation thing. I ended up with what seem like a gallon of half digested fish all over the front of my jacket. NASTY

ChrisL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 4/22/2012, 3:31 pm

ChrisL wrote:Fished Barneget Bay in the SSP park area a few nights ago.
Tons of bait around....bunk, worms, small bait.
Got a few 5-6lb blues on chunks. Not a single bump on small plugs.

Went home smelling like fish puke reports??? lets see some reports 870783 As I leadered one of the blues, he did the headshake and regurgitation thing. I ended up with what seem like a gallon of half digested fish all over the front of my jacket. NASTY

lol thats a nasty night of fishing lol Very Happy
smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  A.O.K. 4/22/2012, 8:06 pm

Fished the Gillikens area of IBSP yesterday morning after making a delivery to that Grumpy guy. Chunks, clams, metal, wood and plastic..................not a bump!
Beautiful day on the sand. Donut blitz around 8 o'clock .
cool
A.O.K.
A.O.K.

Number of posts : 249

http://www.aoktackle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 4/22/2012, 8:23 pm

Steve you have to love them Doughnut Blitzes reports??? lets see some reports 92223
I've gotten into a few of them at the Park.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  rider3 4/25/2012, 11:33 am

Hoping to get out with in the next few weeks.......things have been kinda hectic at home......and my foot is feeling alot better.....
rider3
rider3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post  Large John 4/25/2012, 9:48 pm

rider3 wrote:Hoping to get out with in the next few weeks.......things have been kinda hectic at home......and my foot is feeling alot better.....

Bring a chair you wont need your foot
Large John
Large John

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post  rider3 4/25/2012, 10:06 pm

Large John wrote:
rider3 wrote:Hoping to get out with in the next few weeks.......things have been kinda hectic at home......and my foot is feeling alot better.....

Bring a chair you wont need your foot

dude..i could hardley walk all last week....................still got a limp, but its getting better
rider3
rider3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  woodwker99 4/27/2012, 11:43 pm

Today on out going tide in Moriches bay. the Blues were co-operating. had a fish on almost everything I threw. on a red bucktailed tin, on a darter, on a glide bait, and on a metal lipped swimmer. Would have had more but a wildfire in the wetland area here had me chased out of there.
woodwker99
woodwker99

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffL 4/28/2012, 10:59 am

Nice good to hear... Minus the fire chasing you out lol.. Thanks for the report.
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddy 4mcola 6/6/2012, 10:41 am

going out today late afternoon going to try some jettys around CMP with plugs and bt's on the incoming hope to get lucky if nothing doing will try some of the beaches out front with bait and maybe hit some bridges in the back after dark. Will post a report good or bad[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Freddy 4mcola
Freddy 4mcola

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 6/6/2012, 5:55 pm

Good job Woody, glad you got into them. Sounds like a great day Very Happy

I'd love to hear how you do Freddy. That use to be my stomping ground before I ventured up north. I think I'm going to make a trip south this year.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddy 4mcola 6/7/2012, 1:37 am

went to CM & CMP plugged and bucktailed some of the jettys at the point water was filled with snot grass and wind was blowing pretty good fished till about 6 pm at the point nothing doing went out front same story had some fresh clams and bunker 4 sand sharks and a skate fished till about 10:30 called it a night
Freddy 4mcola
Freddy 4mcola

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 6/7/2012, 2:05 pm

Went out yesterday for an afternoon charter with my boy on the Andrea's Toy out of Clark's Landing Point Pleasant. Left the inlet at around 1:30 headed North and found the bunker off Spring Lake. Boy were they thick and they were being blitzed by gator blues with some bass mixed in. After making bait with the cast net we fished that pod for about an hour with nothing but blues, lost alot of treble hooks. At least it got the blood pumping. We ran north to just about Asbury. No boats around, no sign of bait, but some marks on the screen. We set up to drift live bunker and on the first drop we had a fish on. My son was first up and AJ made short work of a nice 20lber. Continued a slow drift with occasional resets to where we started (we were about 1 1/2 miles off in about 55 ft of water)./ We wound up going 5 for 9 on bass up to about 35 lbs with some big gator blues as well. I caught two large blues and one bass at about 25 lbs, I missed one bass after we ran out of treble hooks and probably lost 3-4 blues with hooks. The fleet showed up at around 4:00pm and the fish slowed down with them. Wind and swells really picked up around 5:00pm and it was a bumpy ride back into Point. From the chatter it sounded like most guys only found blues so we were feeling pretty good with 5 in the box. Can't recommend Andrea's Toy any more highly, great crew and they know how to find fish. Boat's a little tight when everyone's on the back but it's nice to be able to walk around and fish from the front or the sides.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffL 6/7/2012, 7:11 pm

Nice report kevnmary popcorn
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 6/8/2012, 12:29 am

Glad to hear you had some action Kev. And it's great to hear of kids enjoying this sport. I bet he had a great time fighting them fish. Seems like the fish are on a steady bite lately. Nine report.
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Back to top Go down

reports??? lets see some reports Empty OC Reef and a wreck

Post  CaptFrank 6/10/2012, 9:42 pm

Had the pleasure of taking Bob H. and his family out today on their boat. Nice Robalo 24'. Sweet ride! Anyway, we hit Ocean City Reef in hopes of finding some Flounder. We weren't alone in that thinking, as there were quite a few other boats out there drifting about. We jigged a variety of Flounder rigs around with cut Herring and Mackeral, and even some Squid as offerings. The best we could do in 4 drifts was 2 Skates. That's all I saw anyone else pull up too. So, we decided to make a move to a wreck in hopes of finding some Sea Bass to keep the boys occupied and happy. We got the wreck anchor to snag up on our second try, a new personal best! Then we dropped some rigs down loaded with Herring, Clam, and Squid. Maria, Bob's wife, was the first to hit it with a 13" Weakie. After that, Andrew, landed a nice Weakie of his own (I didn't help, I swear..). Then Alex and David nailed back to back twin Sea Bass at 12". Bob got the mother of all fish, a 6" Bergall a bit later. Lots of hits and misses, and a few other short Weakies and Sea Bass. Good action to keep the boys interested and entertained. Had a blast!

Tight Lines!
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 6/10/2012, 10:18 pm

way to captain.......ya had a fun day

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 6/10/2012, 10:19 pm

You guys are making some nice reports cheers

Keep them coming popcorn
smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

reports??? lets see some reports Empty reports

Post  RHM 6/11/2012, 7:55 am

We had a few small bass last night and a few blues . It was a beautiful sunrise in RI. Very Happy
RHM
RHM

Number of posts : 388

http://WWW.Stripedbassobession.com

Back to top Go down

reports??? lets see some reports Empty Southern RI 6-12-12

Post  MKCS 6/12/2012, 7:24 pm

Whitey sent a picture & text message. Fishing Watch Hill and reefs out front. Bass & Blues everywhere. Only came in for food. I'm trapped at work!
MKCS
MKCS

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  rider3 6/15/2012, 9:39 am

The wind this week shutdown the light tackel fluke fishing from the surf down here in cape may.. gonna give it another go today.....

Caught a few small dogfish earlier in the week.

Caught about 4 dozen crabs between 2 days of crabbing, They were all small, but the little guy had fun.....
rider3
rider3
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddy 4mcola 6/24/2012, 7:10 pm

fished some of the jettys in C & CMP area last week got 3 spike weakies on bt's, first weakies I have caught in years felt good to see them around again, left the jetty and went out fron and fished the beach till dark with fishbites and salted clams got some kingies on the fishbites, I have used fish bites many time and this is the first time I have ever caught anything on them, got some dogs and rays on the clams. All fish released[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] When I was btailing the jetty I thought I got snagged so I started pinging & popping my line to try and break it loose and all of a sudden the snag took off[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] could not stop it:oops: got spooled took 150yds of 30lb braid and about 100 yds of mono backing my guess was a BIG ray
Freddy 4mcola
Freddy 4mcola

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next