Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas on safely spraying primer in the winter (up North) :)

2 posters

Go down

Ideas on safely spraying primer in the winter (up North) :) Empty Ideas on safely spraying primer in the winter (up North) :)

Post  Muskyslayer96 11/30/2011, 8:59 pm

I'm interested in how you other Northerners get around the cold, windy winter weather in order to spray primer your plugs? I'm paranoid about using my custom built spray booth because it uses axial fans (explosion hazard).
Are most of you dipping your plugs? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any pointers. Ideas on safely spraying primer in the winter (up North) :) 962367

MS
Muskyslayer96
Muskyslayer96

Number of posts : 391

http://irishwhipesoxbaits.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Ideas on safely spraying primer in the winter (up North) :) Empty Re: Ideas on safely spraying primer in the winter (up North) :)

Post  FJR 12/1/2011, 4:14 pm

I have 2 methods I use.

1 - rustolieum spray primer, just step outside and spray and dash back in before it freeze's lol!

2 - make my own mix using cheap acrylic white from micheal's. It's thick so I break it down: 50% paint, 25% water and 25% pledge acrylic floor shine, works good and I can paint with it in my booth. The floor shine keeps thicker paints from drying in the tip, thus they are useable.

There's a video on you tube about using the floor shine mixed with paint, I just don't know how to find it.
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down