Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yea buddy!!!

+5
fish factor
Murphthesurf
stevel
smitty
rocstar21
9 posters

Go down

yea buddy!!! Empty yea buddy!!!

Post  rocstar21 6/9/2011, 1:51 pm

Still at the large mouths, this week been getting alot of small fish 12-15 inch range......... but this morning, I got me another Biggans!

fish went 23inch in length and 16.5 inch gerth....... according to the formula IGFA uses...... which is gerthxgerthxlength/800= 8lber........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lady that lives there, took the pix for me....... she said ya know? I am always watching you fish here and you are always catching fish........... are you the Bass Whisperer???? I laughed like HELL!!!!!!! she said seriously though, you catch more fish in this lake than most people I see....... I smiled and said thanx Very Happy yea buddy!!! 962367
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

yea buddy!!! Empty Re: yea buddy!!!

Post  smitty 6/9/2011, 5:33 pm

awesome bro...... The Bass Whisperer is now your new title under your name take a look...
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 6/9/2011, 5:35 pm

LMFAO yea buddy!!! 56958 yea buddy!!! 56958 yea buddy!!! 56958

rocstar21
rocstar21

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 6/9/2011, 6:11 pm

wow wow wow ....awesome fish roc....you better get me on some of those big girls.... fishing
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 6/9/2011, 8:31 pm

stevel wrote: wow wow wow ....awesome fish roc....you better get me on some of those big girls.... fishing

were gonna give it hell trying if we dont yea buddy!!! 962367

but we'll have fun either way cheers
rocstar21
rocstar21

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf 6/9/2011, 9:15 pm

Awesome Roc !!! I knew you were into big girls...LOL Nice fish. yea buddy!!! 870783
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 6/9/2011, 9:24 pm

awesome ROC AKA the bass whisperer your making me miss the freshwater cheers
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 6/10/2011, 7:31 am

thanx guys! I love fishing the sweet water!
rocstar21
rocstar21

Back to top Go down

Post  ccl477 6/10/2011, 1:16 pm

NICE ROC wow

ccl477

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 6/10/2011, 10:05 pm

ccl477 wrote:NICE ROC wow

thanks ccl477
rocstar21
rocstar21

Back to top Go down

Post  gaffmaster 6/11/2011, 5:45 pm

Nice Job!!
Always giving some great pics, how about some details: morning /afternoon time of day, bait /lure, water temp, water depth.
Even though you are in Florida some of the info could be used up here. Was out in the 100 degree heat the other day trying to pick off some smallies up here. I think it was actually hotter up here than down there.

gaffmaster

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 6/11/2011, 10:55 pm

well I been fishing all hours, whenever I can get out...... this fish I caught at exactly 10am....... been using culprit worms 7.5 inch...... colors I like are red shad, tequila shad, grap shad, black shad, motor oil shad, chilli pepper and crawdad...... w/ these I have been using owner hooks, twist locks 1/8oz weighted hook....... slow twitching it..... ocasionally snapping the rod tip to get a reaction bite........ also texas rig and shaky head jig them

also use strike king ocho and Shim E stick, these I rigg whacky style or on a drop shot rig........

this year I feel that I gotten a good edge because I have switched to floro carbon line 10lbs........ along w/ a good pair of polorized glasses

most of my big fish have come from the down fall of my cast almost instanly or w/ in 10 secs..........

there is alot of grass in the lake up to 15ft off the shore line very heavy thick grass......... so most of these fish are lying just on the other side of it........... dont know what the water temp is in the lake its spring fed, but I am guessing the surface temp is in the mid 80's

I usually try and fish according the solunar table

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here is the link I use.........

bass normaly do not like direct sunlight, so they are going to lay on structure to shade them....... or look for a bush or tree that is giving shade at a certin time of the day....... if there is any current they will be lying near by waiting to ambush and bait passing by...........

a great tv show that I learned alot from is Hooknlook, also Bill dance and the bass pro's they are very informative on techniques and different tactics.....

well I hope some of the info helps....... remember this though...... whatever you are using to fish w/ you must have confidence in the bait......... and everybody is different...... Kevin Van dam for instance he is on of the best crank bait fisherman I have ever seen and can produce any time anywhere and he does so cause he covers so much ground......... you can produce just as much fish finesse fish a worm....... all depend on your cofidence level and what produces for you.
rocstar21
rocstar21

Back to top Go down

Post  SurfPlug 6/11/2011, 11:06 pm

Nice fish :)

SurfPlug

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  gaffmaster 6/12/2011, 9:42 am

Thanks Roc for the info. This gives anyone looking a good insight into what you are using to slam those monsters down there!

Do you think the same applies to fishing up north? I have been out hitting shady overhangs and stumps that provide some good cover and found those spots produce much better than just the deep waters. Some of those baits mentioned I have not tried. Will get some if you think they may work up here.

Thanks again for the details.

Good luck fishing this week.

BK

gaffmaster

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 6/12/2011, 10:06 pm

SurfPlug wrote:Nice fish :)

thank you
rocstar21
rocstar21

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 6/12/2011, 10:16 pm

gaffmaster wrote:Thanks Roc for the info. This gives anyone looking a good insight into what you are using to slam those monsters down there!

Do you think the same applies to fishing up north? I have been out hitting shady overhangs and stumps that provide some good cover and found those spots produce much better than just the deep waters. Some of those baits mentioned I have not tried. Will get some if you think they may work up here.

Thanks again for the details.

Good luck fishing this week.

BK

that cover should produce for you, maybe the fish in the area where you are fishing are out in deeper waters....... try to fish the last 3 hours before dark..... the fish should move shallow and produce for ya.............

when it is real hot out the fish might be in super shallow water, looking for better oxygen.......... I know it does not make any sense but the guy who told me was dead on, in the early morning fish grass beds......... at night when the sun goes down the grass produces alot of oxygen that the fish thrive on and as the day goes on and gets hot the oxygen deepletes and the fish move off................ so first light and early in the day the fish should should be there..........

let me know how ya do......

rocstar21
rocstar21

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremlin 6/13/2011, 11:23 pm

Nice big bucket mouth. Congrats Bass Whisperer.
Gremlin
Gremlin
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 452

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 6/13/2011, 11:43 pm

thank you Jamie Very Happy
rocstar21
rocstar21