Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vacation report 8/11-8/16

3 posters

Go down

Vacation report 8/11-8/16 Empty Vacation report 8/11-8/16

Post  Fish Hawk 8/18/2010, 9:20 pm

Waited for almost a month to go fishing again. We left weds morning arrived to calm,hot and humid bay. Took a swim with the kids and we got settled in. Thursday we got up and looked out at the bay and it the complete opposite from the previous day. Decided to try our luck in the back creeks. Left with a doz shedder and dozen blood worm, head up the nantuxent and found a spot just off the channel. Nothing, had east winds pushing 20+ and cloudy skies,and cooler temps. Made a little move and found a feeder creek. Setup in 9ft of water and begin to get hits on blood worms. The tide was trying to move out but the wind kept it in. First fish was a small micro bass. Must of been 10" Next fish was a perch. Then another small bass. The skies grew darker and the wind picked up, so we headed back in and hope for better weather the next day. It didnt happen, friday was a total wash/blow out. Sat we managed to get out with my sister,and her two kids. ages 5,and 6 the had no problem with the tight two foot chop and tuff conditions. We fed the sharks that day, but it kept the kids busy and smiles were all around the boat. I had hooked up twice with what felt like it could be a drum. First the hook pulled, and the second snapped the leader. Sunday it was just me and riss. Headed out in worse condtions then friday/sat put togther. But we wanted drum. Got to the grounds after enduring some ruff water and setup. A few sharks, and few small micro sea bass. No drum. Keep in mind we were sitting in tight 3's with 4's and 5's thrown in every so offten. We were getting beat up pretty good. After a few hours of see sawing on the hook, we moved in with in a stones throw of the beach to try to get rid of the sharks. didnt happen.Back to the dock for cheesesteak and wings(it made up for no fish)monday we didnt go out, it was the best day too. After a few day of rain and easterly winds the bay was choco milk and fish had lock jaw. We did do alot of fishing off the deck from fortescue. The kids had a blast with the sharks,and a few other species as well.

Zakk- with his first weakie.
Vacation report 8/11-8/16 DSC02118

Devon's eel
Vacation report 8/11-8/16 DSC02117

Zakk's blue fish
Vacation report 8/11-8/16 DSC02112

Our neighbor's grandson Harley
Vacation report 8/11-8/16 DSC02052

I did happen to catch my drum... he came to me instead of me finding them ..... it was quite a surprise!
Vacation report 8/11-8/16 DSC02114
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Vacation report 8/11-8/16 Empty Re: Vacation report 8/11-8/16

Post  stevel 8/18/2010, 9:35 pm

sounds like you made the best of it ....good times with the kids smiles are well worth it..... Vacation report 8/11-8/16 870783
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Hawk 8/18/2010, 9:57 pm

my 9 yr old golden, his first striper

Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 8/18/2010, 9:59 pm

that was cool ...even the dog has a good time ....awsome.... cool
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Hawk 8/18/2010, 10:52 pm

thanks steve, we had a blast. And the kids did as well. Im super stoaked that i got a drum still. Looking forward to this weekend coming up!
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 8/19/2010, 2:36 pm

It's always a great time when the kids catch fish and have smiles from ear to ear. And I'll take all the frozen ells that size you want to get rid of. better luck for bigger fish. Vacation report 8/11-8/16 870783
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down