Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,,

+4
stevel
Murphthesurf
Oldsalts
skippy
8 posters

Go down

Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, Empty Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,,

Post  skippy 1/21/2010, 2:09 pm

Along with Vanstall, Zeebass has just entered the no buy zone,,,,,I will jump on the latest american made bandwagon...Hmmm where is my money going to go... HA, here! Penn Torque,,,If it falls apart and breaks, I will buy another one, and not even care, do you get it,,,, When Penn Torque becomes the next reel to have, and U.S. fisherman have built it to be tried and true, penn will move production to china, and then I will support the next USA reel to come down the pike....Do you get it? I want my reels made here, even if I have to make them myself...The first three guys to post their new Penn Torques with a picture of a skippy, will get a new sustom built skippy just for them, Thank you for supporting an American Made Lurebuilder,,, Skippylures

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, Empty Re: Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,,

Post  Oldsalts 1/21/2010, 2:20 pm

skippy wrote:Along with Vanstall, Zeebass has just entered the no buy zone,,,,,I will jump on the latest american made bandwagon...Hmmm where is my money going to go... HA, here! Penn Torque,,,If it falls apart and breaks, I will buy another one, and not even care, do you get it,,,, When Penn Torque becomes the next reel to have, and U.S. fisherman have built it to be tried and true, penn will move production to china, and then I will support the next USA reel to come down the pike....Do you get it? I want my reels made here, even if I have to make them myself...The first three guys to post their new Penn Torques with a picture of a skippy, will get a new sustom built skippy just for them, Thank you for supporting an American Made Lurebuilder,,, Skippylures

Oh Oh Oh Skippy

Man i am on the USA program and am going to talk to the Penn Reps this Saturday...!!!!!

I am looking real hard at them but i can't wait for my Skippy...!!!!....to Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 870783

Going to post up what i find out an saturday...!!!!

Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105 Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105 Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, Empty Re: Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,,

Post  Murphthesurf 1/21/2010, 3:33 pm

Very well said Skippy.. There will be a Gold VS150 for sale in the Yard Sale very soon.
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 1/21/2010, 4:54 pm

Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105 Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 560155 Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 560155 Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 1/21/2010, 10:16 pm

Right on Skippy.. The Penn Rep will be at our flea market on sat. Also, he will be attending our meeting in Feb. or March to go over their new Push to regain their status in the Good old US of A. Keep yea posted on what their game plan is.
Anyone who wants to attend our meeting is welcome. Keep your eye on the DVSA CLUB fourm.

Bluesfish Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 870783
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  skippy 1/22/2010, 4:34 pm

Bluesfish wrote:Right on Skippy.. The Penn Rep will be at our flea market on sat. Also, he will be attending our meeting in Feb. or March to go over their new Push to regain their status in the Good old US of A. Keep yea posted on what their game plan is.
Anyone who wants to attend our meeting is welcome. Keep your eye on the DVSA CLUB fourm.

Bluesfish Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 870783
get him bluesy, would love to see the reel offered here....maybe if we take ten he will give us a good deal

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 1/22/2010, 7:01 pm

I wish I could jump on this bandwagon,,, but then I'd have to throw out mostly everything I own, This problem of American made vs China or whomever is just sad.
Why? Cause we were all sold out by our government with all the trade agreements treaties etc.. I want American made on all my labels however we're never gonna see it again,, unless our country grew balls,,or a plague really works or very bad bombs are detonated.
Until then I'll continue to be happy with my ZB25... and my Penns and all the other crap I gots.
I wish I could get it Skippy,, but I think this problem is very deep and ingrained,, sorta like all the undesirables crossing our borders!
Make a stand? On just one product?

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  skippy 1/22/2010, 8:04 pm

Rick..stillcasting wrote:I wish I could jump on this bandwagon,,, but then I'd have to throw out mostly everything I own, This problem of American made vs China or whomever is just sad.
Why? Cause we were all sold out by our government with all the trade agreements treaties etc.. I want American made on all my labels however we're never gonna see it again,, unless our country grew balls,,or a plague really works or very bad bombs are detonated.
Until then I'll continue to be happy with my ZB25... and my Penns and all the other crap I gots.
I wish I could get it Skippy,, but I think this problem is very deep and ingrained,, sorta like all the undesirables crossing our borders!
Make a stand? On just one product?
one product? sounds like you have givin up the fight already, they are coming up the ladder, instead of over the wall, They have not got my sewingmachine, my welder, my truck, MyFISHING REEL, all my tools are snap-on, I am not ready to stop fighting,,, I am still very mad about
" Pearl Harbor ", and still have not gotten over the Alamo! I am sure as soon as I forget these things I will be able to buy the slope ****,,,you do not have to buy a torque with me, but somebody will Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 1/22/2010, 8:25 pm

I think I have been misunderstood,, which is why I'm probably single .. just to reiterate.. I read ur comment as being pissed at all the reels being made overseas. My last 2 sentences refers to
#1 Make a stand? =not taking it anymore as in putting a line in the dirt.
#2 On just one product? = is the fight just on reel or everything that ever floated its way over here.
Believe me.. I wish our country would get back into the bussiness of making goods. However the fact is some guy overseas is working for a few bucks that would be 10 times more here,,health care,taxes etc,, we all know the story.

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  skippy 1/22/2010, 9:39 pm

Rick..stillcasting wrote:I think I have been misunderstood,, which is why I'm probably single .. just to reiterate.. I read ur comment as being pissed at all the reels being made overseas. My last 2 sentences refers to
#1 Make a stand? =not taking it anymore as in putting a line in the dirt.
#2 On just one product? = is the fight just on reel or everything that ever floated its way over here.
Believe me.. I wish our country would get back into the bussiness of making goods. However the fact is some guy overseas is working for a few bucks that would be 10 times more here,,health care,taxes etc,, we all know the story.
got ya rick.....everyone is waiting to hear what the cutoff# was on the american made ZBs,

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 1/22/2010, 10:08 pm

my vs's are made prior to the switch and i've had more than a few penn's die on me over the past 20 years. i'm sure it's a great product but i would wait a year or two and see how it stands up to what it would get from most serious guys.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 1/22/2010, 10:09 pm

and yes rick that's why you are single. Very Happy
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  skippy 1/22/2010, 11:40 pm

rebelmusicnp wrote:my vs's are made prior to the switch and i've had more than a few penn's die on me over the past 20 years. i'm sure it's a great product but i would wait a year or two and see how it stands up to what it would get from most serious guys.
We are the most serious it gets Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105 There are no bigger then the ones we got here,,My reel will be in the water more then 300 days a year,,, serious guys fish all year, and never from their couches,,, Bluesfish, and Loupro got big fish for the Asbury Park Fishing Club, and the Delaware Valley Surf Anglers, do you think this is not the big league? I am not going to wait around for someone to tell me the reel is any good,,,, the best judge is right here Daddy'O,, love ya

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumpyjr 1/23/2010, 4:41 pm

Getting them in a couple of weeks Skip, tested the bailed model, waiting for the manual. Tough reel. Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 962367

Grumpyjr

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, Empty oh,,,,

Post  skippy 1/23/2010, 5:47 pm

Grumpyjr wrote:Getting them in a couple of weeks Skip, tested the bailed model, waiting for the manual. Tough reel. Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 962367
Mongo Like Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105

skippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts 1/23/2010, 6:24 pm

skippy wrote:
Grumpyjr wrote:Getting them in a couple of weeks Skip, tested the bailed model, waiting for the manual. Tough reel. Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 962367
Mongo Like Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105

Hey Skippy

I spoke to the penn rep today and they are going to start production on April first and be ready to fill orders May first.

They have all the little glitches worked out and he said the they have over a thousand pre-orders...!!!!!

Man i need to talk to Paul soon....!!!!... Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 870783

And all made in the USA...!!!!.. Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 962367

Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105 Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105 Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105 Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105 Hello Penn Torque........Goodbye Zeebass, Vanstall...seeya,,,, 218105
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down