Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone still using there landline in there home?

+3
bennyraw
highhook
RobertRR
7 posters

Go down

Anyone still using there landline in there home? Empty Anyone still using there landline in there home?

Post  RobertRR 1/8/2010, 8:59 pm

I'm thinking about getting rid of my landlines in my house, I never use them anymore. I have the phone with comcast cable but it still cost me $30 a month. Its only $30 but I mean I never use the landline, just like putting $30 bucks in the trash every month. I know the concern about 911, but I think that is no a big deal. Anyone ever use one of those Majic Jack devices? I'm hearing good things about them, might give one of those a shot.
RobertRR
RobertRR

Number of posts : 76

http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=32304

Back to top Go down

Anyone still using there landline in there home? Empty Re: Anyone still using there landline in there home?

Post  highhook 1/9/2010, 3:49 am

Hey Rob, I have phone service through Comcast but we use our cell phones mostly. Alot of services out the but don't make the mistake I did trying to save a couple bucks a month.....do not get VONAGE !!! I'm in the Medford area and service was terrible, calls cut off after a few mins. and that gave them the ability to say I was using phone and keep charging my bank acct...this went on for months they were relentless and would not let me cancel....Brutal company...stay clear !! Mark

highhook

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Anyone still using there landline in there home? Empty Re: Anyone still using there landline in there home?

Post  bennyraw 1/9/2010, 9:46 am

Maybe I'm the last one but I'm still not convinced it's safe to spend a bunch of time on the cell, especially for young kids. I never use mine indoors. confused

bennyraw

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 1/9/2010, 1:17 pm

I have not had a land line since 98'....my cell bill taxes included are 56.27 a month.
That includes
Unlimited local calls
Unlimited long distance calls
Unlimited texts
unlimited internet via phone
unlimited picture messaging

I did put 20 on my metro connect account so I can talk to Etch....did that last yr and I still have over 700 minutes to use still...

I use Metro PCS and use it everywhere in the country and never have had a single problem.

The neat feature is my bill is the same every month...
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  nip13 1/9/2010, 3:12 pm

We are still using our land line. It is too cold to go out in the yard and find the small corner that we get minor reception. It really sucks!

nip13

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post  holymackeral 1/9/2010, 6:59 pm

we all have cell phones in my house. we also have poor reception in our house. so we have the landline through optimum or some crap. i prefer to use the landline on important calls and for emergencies. there's usually someone always home and if someone can not get through to my phone, they can always call the house.

with my mom and step father with health issues, a nephew with cancer and a plethora of other things going on in this family of mine. it's nice to have a reliable ready to use phone. no worry about reception or the phone cutting out or going dead.

unless your that strapped for cash than i would cut the land line. other than that keep it. besides if everyone got rid of their land lines than all those telemarketers would be out of jobs. causing the economy to get worse than what it already is.

holymackeral
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1383

Back to top Go down

Post  VooDooTackle 1/9/2010, 7:22 pm

We have our landline but we need it for the fax machine. With Magic Jack you can't fax from what I have heard. But as far as magic jcak goes I don't have it but have talked to folks that have and they think it is great. If you travel all you have to do is take the jack with you and anyone can call you as if you were at home. Just my two cents.

VooDoo
VooDooTackle
VooDooTackle

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down