Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should've stayed home...

2 posters

Go down

Should've stayed home... Empty Should've stayed home...

Post  CaptFrank 10/19/2012, 1:11 am

Got out and fished the back tonight with Rich. We hit a bunch of spots, and they all sucked! No fish to be found anywhere, and very little bait. The wind was blasting out of the SE and the incoming current didn't help. Really tough to work your lures in these conditions. Anyway, ended the night up on a bridge. It's fun when you cast out and your rig flies back toward you. While walking up we noticed a shadow coming from under the grate. Some nimrod climbed down and was walking on the ice breaker. Just wanna toss a big ol' "way to go!" out to ya sport. It's jag offs like you that ruin it for all of us. On a nicer note...Bunch of Herring and Blues popping along the shadow lines. Had one bite off and a 10 second hook up to show for the nights efforts. So, we'll call it a big old Skunk.
A buddy of mine fished way South tonight and said he nailed a 25" and 28" Striper. Said it was tough to work anything in the wind and current. Better than we did...

Tight Lines!
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Should've stayed home... Empty Re: Should've stayed home...

Post  Captain Ahab 10/19/2012, 3:53 am

I fished SRI and the PP Canal with the same result - I do not like that SE wind at all!

Captain Ahab
Captain Ahab
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 403

http://UCHelpCenter.com

Back to top Go down