Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone fished for flounder the past few years?

+7
lion
jmerc
fishpro
phillyfishing
REDBASS
Kevnmary
Trouble
11 posters

Go down

Has anyone fished for flounder the past few years? Empty Has anyone fished for flounder the past few years?

Post  Trouble 3/10/2009, 2:29 pm

I haven't bounced a sinker for blackbacks in well over 10 years, probably closer to 20. I'm guessing there are a few to be had. Anyone have any luck in the past few seasons?

Trouble

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Has anyone fished for flounder the past few years? Empty Re: Has anyone fished for flounder the past few years?

Post  Kevnmary 3/10/2009, 2:30 pm

Problem is the season doesnt start until the spawn is over and the fish are on the move out. Very short window now.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Has anyone fished for flounder the past few years? Empty Re: Has anyone fished for flounder the past few years?

Post  REDBASS 3/10/2009, 3:07 pm

I HAVENT BOUNCED FOR FLOUNDER IN 20 YEARS. WOULDNT KNOW WHERE TOO START. PLUS THE SEASON IS CUT SHORT.
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  phillyfishing 3/10/2009, 10:54 pm

i fluke fish... never tried for flounder.. heard its a tuff fish to get to know. wouldn't mind trying though

phillyfishing

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 3/11/2009, 10:58 am

I fished them last year. Very short window and you have to have good timing (weather,tide, and water temp)
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  jmerc 4/12/2009, 12:48 pm

[img]Has anyone fished for flounder the past few years? J[/img]

Ive had some luck the past few years with the flatties but I hear they are closing flounder season next year.

jmerc

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post  jmerc 4/16/2009, 7:47 am

Anyone catching any flounder this year. I havent been out with all the rain but maybe this weekend.

jmerc

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Has anyone fished for flounder the past few years? Empty NICCCCE

Post  lion 5/22/2009, 8:52 am

jmerc wrote:[img]Has anyone fished for flounder the past few years? J[/img]

Ive had some luck the past few years with the flatties but I hear they are closing flounder season next year.
YUM YUM; Nice Fish cheers

lion

Number of posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Post  NJTomatoguy 5/22/2009, 6:57 pm

I got a 3.2 lb fish on halloween in 2003. Never fished for them in the spring.
It's a shame we can't fish for them in the fall anymore.
NJTomatoguy
NJTomatoguy

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  24/7 BAIT CO. 6/10/2009, 2:38 pm

NJTomatoguy wrote:I got a 3.2 lb fish on halloween in 2003. Never fished for them in the spring.
It's a shame we can't fish for them in the fall anymore.

HELLO YOU GOTTA GET OUT THERE AND FISH AGAIN, FISHINS PRETTY GOOD AT OCEAN CITY, STRIPERS STILL DOING GREAT
RAY

24/7 BAIT CO.

Number of posts : 5

http://www.24-7bait.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AKScuba 6/10/2009, 3:08 pm

Went flukin over the weekend. 70 throwbacks and 6 keepers. The ratios SUCK.
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

Post  reeldevil 6/10/2009, 3:27 pm

Yeah but your still having fun doing it....I hope.
reeldevil
reeldevil

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down