Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made it past a year

+7
fish factor
Murphthesurf
MarkC
Charlie G.
JayDizzle
smitty
stevel
11 posters

Go down

Made it past a year Empty Made it past a year

Post  stevel 9/4/2011, 9:51 pm

Well its been a year since I had a cigarette...feel great and it was alot easier this time... Made it past a year 962367
when you put your mind to doing what you want its easy ... 10 lbs gained ... mad mad
that on the other hand isnt so easy to loose ... Embarassed Embarassed
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Made it past a year Empty Re: Made it past a year

Post  smitty 9/4/2011, 9:59 pm

cool way to go buddy now never look back as i also promise to do the same and never look back....

your lucky you only gained 10lbs lol i put on 20 or 30 who know all i know is i look like a swollen wood tick

Last edited by smitty on 9/4/2011, 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 9/4/2011, 10:05 pm

smitty wrote: cool way to go buddy not never look back as i also promise to do the same and never look back....

your lucky you only gained 10lbs lol i put on 20 or 30 who know all i know is i look like a swollen wood tick

smitty cant thank you enough you where a big part of me quiting ...you did it and we talked and
you gave me the motivation to do it ....and I did...we did ... cheers cheers cheers ...the weight
will come off ...it takes time ...and if thats what you realy gained you carry it well... Made it past a year 962367 Made it past a year 962367
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDizzle 9/4/2011, 10:11 pm

One day I will have the willpower to quit. Glad to hear you're still going strong Steve! I had it licked for a week once.
JayDizzle
JayDizzle

Number of posts : 366

https://www.facebook.com/decarlojason

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 9/4/2011, 10:21 pm

JayDizzle wrote:One day I will have the willpower to quit. Glad to hear you're still going strong Steve! I had it licked for a week once.

Jayson you will quit when you had enough and you will trust me....When you do its a great feeling Very Happy
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 9/4/2011, 11:42 pm

It's good to hear you are still going strong Steve, never go back. you may have gained years to your life quieting. That's alot of fish to chase Made it past a year 962367
And you to smitty don't ever start back. As for the weight you can always get a bigger boat lol!
I hate to say it but I don't think I will ever give up smoking. Even if it kills me fishing
More power to you both
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkC 9/5/2011, 6:12 am

Keep it up steve i quite 7 or so yr back but i put 4 stone on ;-(
MarkC
MarkC

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf 9/5/2011, 9:10 am

Great job steve. All the money you saved you can buy another VS lol, but more importantly your health will thank you.. Made it past a year 560155
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 9/5/2011, 9:13 am

wayta go bro keep it up cheers
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 9/5/2011, 9:34 am

Good going Steve, it gets easier each day going forward cheers I quit over 40 years ago, now I can't stand the smell or anything else about it, gave up trying to get the wife to quit.
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 9/5/2011, 10:30 am

JayDizzle wrote:One day I will have the willpower to quit. Glad to hear you're still going strong Steve! I had it licked for a week once.

jay tried it once before for 8 months and went back and another time for 2 weeks...it takes some people
a few attempts...but when you are ready to do it for good you will its all in your mind ....you have to
be strong minded and want to do it...this time I did it with chantex the pill tried the patch didnt work
for me ....IF AND WHEN YOUR EVER READY ...YOU CAN DO IT ALSO !!!
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremlin 9/5/2011, 11:54 am

Good for you Steve. I never smoked but I gained 8 pounds.

Keep it up!!
Gremlin
Gremlin
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 452

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 9/5/2011, 12:11 pm

just some food for thought guys. my mom just got out of the hospital last week. she is a 3 pack a day smoker and she got to the point where she couldnt breathe. came home after a week in the hospital without smoking and went right back to smoking. she smokes a few and runs inside and goes back on oxygen. it is very frustrating to watch her kill herself:( she goes back to Fla. thursday. i hope this isnt the last time i see her alive. to all who smoke please quit for all your loved ones sake. to watch her deteriorate is the most difficult thing i have ever done. sorry for the speech guys its hard for me to see. steve way to go buddie, i knew you could do it. congrats!!!!!!!

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 9/5/2011, 12:18 pm

dozer 277 wrote:just some food for thought guys. my mom just got out of the hospital last week. she is a 3 pack a day smoker and she got to the point where she couldnt breathe. came home after a week in the hospital without smoking and went right back to smoking. she smokes a few and runs inside and goes back on oxygen. it is very frustrating to watch her kill herself:( she goes back to Fla. thursday. i hope this isnt the last time i see her alive. to all who smoke please quit for all your loved ones sake. to watch her deteriorate is the most difficult thing i have ever done. sorry for the speech guys its hard for me to see. steve way to go buddie, i knew you could do it. congrats!!!!!!!

larry wishing the best to your mom ...hang in there can see the hurt and frustration in you ...must
be very hard to see this !!
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 9/6/2011, 7:13 am

thanks steve all i can do is pray for her.

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 9/7/2011, 6:54 am

Made it past a year 560155 Made it past a year 92223 Made it past a year 560155 Made it past a year 92223 Made it past a year 560155 Made it past a year 92223

Congrats Unk!!!
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDizzle 9/26/2011, 3:47 pm

Figure I'll give this one a bump since I just made the decision to quit.

My name is Jason, and I've smoked for the last 16 years. My last cigarette was Friday, September 23, 2011 at 10:30 am. I am about 76 hours smoke free. This sucks, but I'm making it happen.

BIG congrats to you Steve! Made it past a year 962367 cheers

A little video I made on Friday after a slight nervous breakdown. popcorn

JayDizzle
JayDizzle

Number of posts : 366

https://www.facebook.com/decarlojason

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down