Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoke..Fling Info

+5
whitey
smitty
fish factor
Smoke
fishpro
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Smoke..Fling Info Empty Smoke..Fling Info

Post  fishpro 10/11/2009, 10:53 pm

Smoke, let me see if I have this right...everyone will be at Gilgo? To get to Captree B&T I continue past Gilgo on Ocean Parkway to the end and the B&T is in that lot? Let me know as I am trying to get my info correct....I have to go to the B&T to register for the tourney because I was too late on the mailing :..............
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Smoke..Fling Info Empty Re: Smoke..Fling Info

Post  Smoke 10/11/2009, 11:30 pm

fishpro wrote:Smoke, let me see if I have this right...everyone will be at Gilgo? To get to Captree B&T I continue past Gilgo on Ocean Parkway to the end and the B&T is in that lot? Let me know as I am trying to get my info correct....I have to go to the B&T to register for the tourney because I was too late on the mailing :..............
yes thats it.i'll pm all mY CELL # ALSO
Very Happy
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 10/12/2009, 7:38 am

hey smoke is there a addy we can put in to get to gilgo beach
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 10/12/2009, 7:56 am

yea if you can get the Addy of say the B&T that would be awesome so i can put it in my G.P.S
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 10/12/2009, 9:57 am

FYI...Captree BnT does not sell the saltwater liscense. From the fishing reports I have been reading for the area, they have been checking. Has anyone bought it on-line? If so, is it a printable liscense or is it something they mail to you? It seems they instituted this liscense and did not give out good info on it.
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 10/12/2009, 11:20 am

smitty wrote:yea if you can get the Addy of say the B&T that would be awesome so i can put it in my G.P.S
Put this in your GPS.....CAPTREE STATE PARK TOWN OF BABYLON Very Happy
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 10/12/2009, 11:37 am

FISHPRO i think they said there not pushing the license this year ... that was in the other thread

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 10/12/2009, 11:42 am

fish factor wrote:hey smoke is there a addy we can put in to get to gilgo beach
to gilgo beach 4x4 entrance.
most of you guys are coming from the west. so you got to pick up meadowbrook pkwy south or wantagh pkwy south to ocean pkwy. which starts the south shore beaches. once on ocean pkwy you are going to head east. you are going to pass jones beach field #6. continue east 5 miles. next beach will be tobay beach. continue east another mile or 2 than it will be gilgo beach ny state 4x4 entrance. this will come up quick. this entrance is on your right hand side heading east. there will be a big sign right off the shoulder of the entrance you will see ny state 4x4 access. this is gilgo beach. once you get at the entrance make sure you air down to 25 psi. as the sand is very soft. once you hit the sand head east. stay on the highest set of tracks next to the dunes. proceed heading east on the beach about 3 miles. you will run into me with my truck and camper. thanks smoke
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishtale 10/12/2009, 4:53 pm

fishpro wrote:FYI...Captree BnT does not sell the saltwater liscense. From the fishing reports I have been reading for the area, they have been checking. Has anyone bought it on-line? If so, is it a printable liscense or is it something they mail to you? It seems they instituted this liscense and did not give out good info on it.
Yes, you can purchase on line and print out the reciept. The reciept IS your license...
whitey wrote:FISHPRO i think they said there not pushing the license this year ... that was in the other thread
According to an article in the local paper a few weeks ago, it stated they were on a "Awareness & Education" blitz... Not sure how long that will last until summonses are issued.... For what it's worth; I've been out 8 times since it went into effect and have'nt even SEEN an enforcer...
Fishtale
Fishtale

Number of posts : 432

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishtale 10/12/2009, 4:56 pm

Smoke wrote:
most of you guys are coming from the west. so you got to pick up meadowbrook pkwy south or wantagh pkwy south to ocean pkwy. which starts the south shore beaches. once on ocean pkwy you are going to head east. you are going to pass jones beach field #6. continue east 5 miles. next beach will be tobay beach. continue east another mile or 2 than it will be gilgo beach ny state 4x4 entrance. this will come up quick. this entrance is on your right hand side heading east. there will be a big sign right off the shoulder of the entrance you will see ny state 4x4 access. this is gilgo beach. once you get at the entrance make sure you air down to 25 psi. as the sand is very soft. once you hit the sand head east. stay on the highest set of tracks next to the dunes. proceed heading east on the beach about 3 miles. you will run into me with my truck and camper. thanks smoke

Guys, as a heads up; IF you happen to see signs for Cedar or Overlook Beach or Town Beach, you went too far, you need to u-turn it and try again... Best bet is to keep an eye out for houses on the north side of Ocean Pkwy. Once you see the houses, slow down and stay in the right lane, the access for Gilgo kind of sneaks up on you....
Fishtale
Fishtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 10/12/2009, 4:59 pm

Fishtale wrote:
Smoke wrote:

Guys, as a heads up; IF you happen to see signs for Cedar or Overlook Beach or Town Beach, you went too far, you need to u-turn it and try again... Best bet is to keep an eye out for houses on the north side of Ocean Pkwy. Once you see the houses, slow down and stay in the right lane, the access for Gilgo kind of sneaks up on you....
CHRIS,THANKS BROTHER FOR THE HEADS UP FOR THE MEMBERS.. Very Happy
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 10/12/2009, 5:08 pm

Fishtale wrote:
fishpro wrote:FYI...Captree BnT does not sell the saltwater liscense. From the fishing reports I have been reading for the area, they have been checking. Has anyone bought it on-line? If so, is it a printable liscense or is it something they mail to you? It seems they instituted this liscense and did not give out good info on it.
Yes, you can purchase on line and print out the reciept. The reciept IS your license...
whitey wrote:FISHPRO i think they said there not pushing the license this year ... that was in the other thread
According to an article in the local paper a few weeks ago, it stated they were on a "Awareness & Education" blitz... Not sure how long that will last until summonses are issued.... For what it's worth; I've been out 8 times since it went into effect and have'nt even SEEN an enforcer...
Same,here been out night and day and have not seen or have been check by an ENFORCER..... Smoke..Fling Info 742713
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  echopeus 10/13/2009, 11:29 am

dont forget guys that i aint gots a truck.. so look out for a guy n' a rod with his thumb out... Smoke..Fling Info 92223

echopeus

Number of posts : 173

http://www.echoind.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SurfChick 10/13/2009, 11:45 am

echopeus wrote:dont forget guys that i aint gots a truck.. so look out for a guy n' a rod with his thumb out... Smoke..Fling Info 92223

lol!
SurfChick
SurfChick

Number of posts : 760

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 10/13/2009, 4:58 pm

echopeus wrote:dont forget guys that i aint gots a truck.. so look out for a guy n' a rod with his thumb out... Smoke..Fling Info 92223

Echo, if you see a black 4door f350, with a camper go by you....wave me down and I'll pick you up.
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishtale 10/13/2009, 5:08 pm

echopeus wrote:dont forget guys that i aint gots a truck.. so look out for a guy n' a rod with his thumb out... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your best bet is to put your tourney reggie in the window and park your car at Captree Ovlerlook Lot. It's about 5 miles from the Gilgo entrance, you can hitch with someone from there...
Fishtale
Fishtale

Back to top Go down

Post  echopeus 10/13/2009, 5:09 pm

sounds like a plan... :)

echopeus

Number of posts : 173

http://www.echoind.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 10/13/2009, 6:54 pm

echo ...you see mass plates run as fast as you can to gt out of the way .... road worriors ... affraid .. only kidding i think were ganna hit the ferry to port jeffery ??? call smoke and some one will come get ya ... are you doing the weekend or just saturday

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  dhsouth 10/13/2009, 7:18 pm

Hey All Smoke..Fling Info 622665 Just for the record I too have to obtain a Permit for the beach at Captree b&t. I was unable to hook-up with the right people at the State Park Offices in time. Are most of us coming down on saturday? I understand that the Tourney starts Friday at noon right? So I'm coming on Friday but not till about 3 pm depending on traffic of course!! :??????:Echo if your lookin to hitch a ride at the parking lot you can't miss me I'll be in a Yellow FJ Cruiser so flag me down!!! Also if you see me driving around aimlessly like I don't know where I'm going!!! F L A G M E D O W N PLEASE!!! THANKS!
dhsouth
dhsouth

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 10/13/2009, 7:32 pm

If any of you need my cell # please send me a pm,i'll be more them happy to give it to you.i also sent a few pm's out to most of the members coming already..No one is going to get lost.. :read:
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 10/13/2009, 7:52 pm

dhsouth wrote:Hey All Smoke..Fling Info 622665 Just for the record I too have to obtain a Permit for the beach at Captree b&t. I was unable to hook-up with the right people at the State Park Offices in time. Are most of us coming down on saturday? I understand that the Tourney starts Friday at noon right? So I'm coming on Friday but not till about 3 pm depending on traffic of course!! :??????:Echo if your lookin to hitch a ride at the parking lot you can't miss me I'll be in a Yellow FJ Cruiser so flag me down!!! Also if you see me driving around aimlessly like I don't know where I'm going!!! F L A G M E D O W N PLEASE!!! THANKS!

DH...I am heading there on friday also...not sure what time but hopefully by 4pm. I have to make a bait stop on the way though....fresh clams and eels are must Smoke..Fling Info 870783
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  dhsouth 10/13/2009, 10:13 pm

Hey Fishpro we seem to be hitting the same place's! Bound to run into you somewhere!!Good idea with the bait! More choice's, More chance's ! Can't hurt! See you Friday !! Smoke..Fling Info 870783
dhsouth
dhsouth

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 10/14/2009, 3:35 pm

OK...so are the NY striper regs....1 fish between 28-40" and one over 40"? If I am reading the NY regs correctly you guys are getting screwed on your regs :jerk off: I thought Jersey was bad Embarassed
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke 10/14/2009, 3:50 pm

fishpro wrote:OK...so are the NY striper regs....1 fish between 28-40" and one over 40"? If I am reading the NY regs correctly you guys are getting screwed on your regs :jerk off: I thought Jersey was bad Embarassed
You are correct on the N.Y regs..
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 10/14/2009, 5:45 pm

AAAHHHHH im sick of stretching em now i gatta shrink em :??????:

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER