Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Morning NoMoCo

+2
skippy
Kevnmary
6 posters

Go down

Sunday Morning NoMoCo Empty Sunday Morning NoMoCo

Post  Kevnmary 10/3/2009, 6:07 pm

Planning on hitting the beach around 4:30 tomorrow morning. Anyone want to meet up in South of SH? I'll probably fish until 9:00 am or so.
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Sunday Morning NoMoCo Empty mmmmmm....

Post  skippy 10/3/2009, 6:09 pm

Kevnmary wrote:Planning on hitting the beach around 4:30 tomorrow morning. Anyone want to meet up in South of SH? I'll probably fish until 9:00 am or so.
drool drool drool Sunday Morning NoMoCo 870783

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Sunday Morning NoMoCo Empty Re: Sunday Morning NoMoCo

Post  Kevnmary 10/3/2009, 6:36 pm

skippy wrote:
Kevnmary wrote:Planning on hitting the beach around 4:30 tomorrow morning. Anyone want to meet up in South of SH? I'll probably fish until 9:00 am or so.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I bet you can guess what I'll be throwing at false dawn!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Back to top Go down

Post  skippy 10/3/2009, 7:51 pm

Kevnmary wrote:
skippy wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I bet you can guess what I'll be throwing at false dawn!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Well then I can fish through you Sunday Morning NoMoCo 870783

skippy

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 10/3/2009, 7:57 pm

GO GET EM KEV!!!!! MAKE SURE TO GET PIX!!!!!!!!! I WILL BE CHECKING IN ON THIS REPORT IN THE MORNING.........

Sunday Morning NoMoCo 962367 Sunday Morning NoMoCo 962367 Sunday Morning NoMoCo 962367 Sunday Morning NoMoCo 962367 Sunday Morning NoMoCo 962367
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 10/4/2009, 8:57 pm

Well I hit the beach this morning around 4:45 and decided to hit a parking lot a little farther north than where I usually fish. I was the only car in the lot. Started out fishing a black bomber with a hand tied teaser (not tied by me) I think it may have been tied by AOK or whoever was selling with him at Surf Day. No luck with the bomber. I switched over to a small needle fish with the same teaser, still no luck. Fog was thick but the ocean was nice. Tough tide though, outgoing with about 2 hours before dead low. This beach underwent one of those sand replenishments so it was really different from last Fall. Around 6:00am (its still dark and foggy) I see the lights from a boat in really close and he's heading South to North and you can see he's working. Turns out it's that scumbag Salty Tours dragging his gill nets about 150 yards off the beach raping miles and miles of prime surf fishing territory. At false dawn, which was a little later because of the fog, I switched to a Skippy Jersey Killer and on my 4th cast while bring it in through the wash I had a little hit. Not a big fish by any means but at least it was one fish not killed in Salty's gill nets. Turned out to be a little rat striper about 20 inches that hit the teaser in front of the Skippy. That was the onlysign of life except for a small crab I picked up dragging a Pt Jude Po Jee. I didn't see anyone else catch anything and I didn't even see any bait despite the water being crystal clear.
I must say that the surf Gods were still on my side today though. Twice I threw my Skippy jersey killer out with the braid in a wind knot and both times I was sure it was gone. The 1st time I found it washed up on the beach about 25 yards North of where I lost it with the teaser still attached and the 2nd time a had to watch it bobbing up and down for about 1/2 hour at dead low tide. I tried throwing another plug at it to snag the leader and I came close a couple of times but I couldn't get it. Finally it started to get a little closer and thankfully there was a rock pile about 15 yards out that that was causing a break and it eventually wound up in the white water and I saved it again.
Another odd thing was about 100 yards out I and another caster watched what must have been a very large ray (or a sunfish) swimming by on his way South. We kept seeing the wings coming out of the water and it was moving at a good clip. Never saw that before. Oh well better luck next Sunday!
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 10/4/2009, 10:26 pm

Good report Kev, may you have better luck tomorrow cheers
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 10/4/2009, 11:51 pm

Wow Kev you saw him that guy's a scum bag!!They just busted his buddy for nettin and trappin on the canal.I hope he's next!!!!!

mad mad FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jignpro 10/6/2009, 3:11 pm

Nice report man. Me and my buddy were out Friday Night in that area with tons of white water, current and a big skunk and threw about everything in the bag. Oh well have to keep trying

Jignpro

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down