Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TICA customer service blows

+4
SurfChick
payload
fishincrazy
Rlyman1
8 posters

Go down

TICA customer service blows Empty TICA customer service blows

Post  Rlyman1 7/9/2009, 8:25 pm

Hey guys Just wondering about your experience with the customer service at TICA, i sent back one of my rods back under warranty to have it fixed and its been like pulling teeth to get it back. heres the story I called in to tica before i sent it and told them that i would need it back by a certain date they told me that it was no problem and i would definitely have it back. well considering that date was today i called them up yesterday and spent a good 4 hours back and fourth on the phone to find out that I would have to pay 75 dollars extra shipping to get it by friday. I talked to every single person in TICA USA including the president (who hung up on me). after that i called back and was told that the president was in a meeting so i waited three hours and called back again to find out that he was still in a meeting. So i left him a message and wrote a letter. Needless to say im pretty pissed that i sent the rod in and could of had it fixed in an hour by a bt shop. anyone else have and luck wiht TICA customer service
Rlyman1
Rlyman1

Number of posts : 161

Back to top Go down

TICA customer service blows Empty BIG RED THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 7/9/2009, 8:48 pm

THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad mad mad mad mad

Now what do you do?????Go to their website and post your unhappiness about their service!!I can't think of anything elese you can do????

FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

TICA customer service blows Empty Re: TICA customer service blows

Post  payload 7/9/2009, 8:53 pm

What part of the rod broke? Tip, guide or rod itself. If it was the rod you should have taken it back where ever you bought it. Where did you buy it? They are supposed to replace it over the counter no questions asked!

payload

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Rlyman1 7/9/2009, 8:54 pm

I figure if i dont get a response in two weeks ill write another letter, one thats a little more nasty and so on and so on
Rlyman1
Rlyman1

Back to top Go down

Post  SurfChick 7/9/2009, 8:54 pm

Thats suxs!
SurfChick
SurfChick

Number of posts : 760

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 7/9/2009, 8:55 pm

payload wrote:What part of the rod broke? Tip, guide or rod itself. If it was the rod you should have taken it back where ever you bought it. Where did you buy it? They are supposed to replace it over the counter no questions asked!

Good point there payload!!!!!I didn't even think of that!!

TICA customer service blows 92223 FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rlyman1 7/9/2009, 8:55 pm

payload wrote:What part of the rod broke? Tip, guide or rod itself. If it was the rod you should have taken it back where ever you bought it. Where did you buy it? They are supposed to replace it over the counter no questions asked!
Well i bought it online so that would have been tough to do, but one of the inserts in the second guide popped out
Rlyman1
Rlyman1

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 7/9/2009, 9:08 pm

Rlyman1 wrote:
Well i bought it online so that would have been tough to do, but one of the inserts in the second guide popped out

Thats it???Damn them Tica people!!!Ya think the could've turned it right around.Post their e-mail here write a personal type letter leave a space for us to put our name and we'll all pitch in to Bitch for ya!!!!

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  stilltryn 7/9/2009, 10:43 pm

DUDE THAT SUCKS! :jerk off: IS THAT THE SAME ROD THAT BROKE WHEN WE WERE OUT? BUT REMEMBER YOUR ARE FROM NEWYORK! lol!
stilltryn
stilltryn

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post  Rlyman1 7/10/2009, 12:33 am

stilltryn wrote:DUDE THAT SUCKS! :jerk off: IS THAT THE SAME ROD THAT BROKE WHEN WE WERE OUT? BUT REMEMBER YOUR ARE FROM NEWYORK! lol!
I broke a rod when we were out?
I like the rods a lot as i now own a 7 8 and 9 foot and plan on buying a 12 for the fall but they need a little lesson in helping the customer, im just gonna be a royal pain in the A** to them until they get fed up enough to compensate me in some way lol!
Rlyman1
Rlyman1

Back to top Go down

Post  stilltryn 7/10/2009, 11:25 pm

YES. THE INSERT TO ONE OF THE EYES FELL OUT. YOU SAID IT JUST HAPPENED THE DAY BEFORE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. DUDE THAT SUCKS. I HOPE THEY ARE READY FOR THE FIRE STORM THATS COMM'N THERE WAY! :twisted: TICA customer service blows 962367 I HOPE TO HAVE A NEW ONE COME FALL BUT HEAR'N THIS? GOTTA TRY SOMETHING ELSE. GOOD LUCK KEEP US POSTED.
stilltryn
stilltryn

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post  Rlyman1 7/12/2009, 8:54 pm

haha oh yeah i guess that was that day
Rlyman1
Rlyman1

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 7/12/2009, 9:20 pm

thats awesome i bought 2 from the same store but the guy i bought them from would go ta bat for his store .. daves pioneer sporting goods in northamton ma ... a class act stand up guy ..if he sells it he stands by it

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  jettyjunkie 7/16/2009, 8:12 pm

when you buy garbage you get garbage
jettyjunkie
jettyjunkie

Number of posts : 633

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 7/16/2009, 9:52 pm

i know 2 guys on this site that have had top dollar lami's blow apart ... it can happen to cheap and expensive stuff ... just sucks when its yours .. quantum reels SUCK thats my oppinion on a 200.00 reel that locked up in a year that was almost never used ...

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 7/16/2009, 9:55 pm

Bought a Tica last year and it broke on the third trip out. Had to buy a tsunami to finish the weekend off and forgot about the Tica. Remembered about it this spring. Contacted them and they covered it even though it was out of warranty. By a couple of days.....I don't have anything bad to say about them other than the rod should not have broke in the first place.
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 7/16/2009, 9:56 pm

whitey wrote:i know 2 guys on this site that have had top dollar lami's blow apart ... it can happen to cheap and expensive stuff ... just sucks when its yours .. quantum reels SUCK thats my oppinion on a 200.00 reel that locked up in a year that was almost never used ...

You must have bought a bad one....I have owned a Boca 60 since they came out with no issues.
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down