Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

well how was your memorial day weekend

+11
fishincrazy
captainmidnight
reeldevil
Val@Oceanside
stevel
FJR
126andy
Minivin5
Smoke
AKScuba
smitty
15 posters

Go down

well how was your memorial day weekend Empty well how was your memorial day weekend

Post  smitty 5/25/2009, 6:15 pm

let us know how your weekend was did you fish did you catch ???????

how about them BBQ any good times?????
smitty
smitty

Number of posts : 4700

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

well how was your memorial day weekend Empty Re: well how was your memorial day weekend

Post  AKScuba 5/25/2009, 6:17 pm

It was ohk. Smitty witnessed me snap lol!
AKScuba
AKScuba

Number of posts : 1162

Back to top Go down

well how was your memorial day weekend Empty Re: well how was your memorial day weekend

Post  Smoke 5/25/2009, 6:25 pm

We'll friday night jr and i hit the beach about 9pm,lots of weed due to the moon.i had 1 blue for the night,we left thew beach around 11;30.the rest of the weekend took it easy had a few cold one's.will hit it hard this week with this front coming through.so how was your's :king: ??
Smoke
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 5/25/2009, 6:42 pm

not bad not bad did a lot of work on the house but dong get me wrong i made plenty of time to fish now im winding down with a few cold ones and some grilling....ohhhh no fish lol....did make sure i had my flags up with pride and thanks for all who have served.......

thanks to all our active and vets....THANK YOU.................

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

dinner.....
smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Minivin5 5/25/2009, 7:06 pm

I put in about 15 hours of playing baseball with Mini this weekend, kid ran me ragged! Weather was perfect and I did not wet a line"(shame on me). Smitty I like my steak MR. Hope everyone had a great weekend with their loved ones!

Mini and I would like to thank our brothers and sisters that have and are serving to keep us safe and free!!
Minivin5
Minivin5
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1449

Back to top Go down

Post  126andy 5/25/2009, 7:15 pm

I met and picked up some bucktails from Mikey (Big Johnston) and we hammered the big blues all in all a good weekend. Nice to meet you Mike
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 5/25/2009, 8:42 pm

Fished all three mornings and caught good!!! Now is peek time in the fresh!!
Too worn out to bbq.
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 5/26/2009, 2:47 pm

SMITTY INSTEAD OF TEASING US WITH THE GOOD FOOD ON THE GRILL WE SHOULD ALL COME OVER lol! lol! lol! FISHED WITH BONZ ON SUNDAY FROM 1130PM UNTIL MONDAY MORNING AT6AM NOT A DAMM FISH :( :( :( WE SUCKED :affraid:
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty 5/26/2009, 3:37 pm

lol i will have one some day lol and you will be first on the list...
smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Val@Oceanside 5/26/2009, 4:36 pm

Thank you to everyone that came into the store this weekend!!!!!! SOB support is a hugh help in so many ways!!!!!!! Even today a SOBer bought the first tica rod for the special sale. THANKS AGAIN!!! and for those that have not come in yet, just ask others..... you'll like it here. we're alittle crazy, but you'll like it! 8)
Val
Val@Oceanside
Val@Oceanside
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

well how was your memorial day weekend Empty first to buy a Tica

Post  reeldevil 5/26/2009, 4:58 pm

Come on guys! Can't beat the sale prices and have a 1 in 10 chance at a 9' Tica plugging rod.Thanks Val i'll be in to shoot the shnit all summer.
reeldevil
reeldevil

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post  captainmidnight 5/26/2009, 5:41 pm

Well today was my memorial day, so here it is my first keeper of the year. Sorry for poor pic.....also for the C&R types, I kept this fish due to tail injury 20 pounds 36" on the dot.

captainmidnight
captainmidnight

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

well how was your memorial day weekend Empty My HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 5/26/2009, 6:18 pm

Well styarted out picking jajim up from school Friday from the vice principals office seems he got suspended :affraid: Saturday morn did a small mulch job then headed down to no bonez BT to play with the SALTYDOGS.(It's a 2-2.5 hour trip for me)About 1/2 way there crossing the Ben Franklin Bridge I blew the tread off my drivers side front. :affraid: I was still on the bridge!!!!What should have taken 2-2.5 hours took 6 hours.Played the gig good time.Crashed Sun!!!Mon Parade and BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!

FC :affraid: cheers

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Val@Oceanside 5/26/2009, 7:45 pm

smitty are they deer steaks???
Val@Oceanside
Val@Oceanside
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 5/26/2009, 7:48 pm

had a fever and sinus infection for the first half of it. by late sunday into yesterday the antibiotics were working and i got out to fish the surf. missed the action on the 20-40 pound fish that covered our area recently. rick and i went out and got about three casts into a bunker pod with fish on them and proceeded down to the park to pick up joe. joe wandered about 5 miles from his car so we went down to get him. three of us hung out for a few hours and worked the zones. good times but no good fish.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 5/26/2009, 9:27 pm

Well.....I fished on the Norma K III on saturday for opening day fluke....what a joke. We were fishing for fluke in like 50-60 ft of water confused The water temp had to be freezing. I basically paid 40$ for a boat ride :affraid: The boat was nice and the mates were good but.....I guess they just take out a bunch of bennies on boat rides :twisted: :twisted: I needed some redemption so I went out on the Angler on monday (my usual fluking boat) I caught about 30 fluke and even more robins. The one keeper I had shook off at the top of the water :twisted: :twisted: but at least I caught fish. We fish in water that was 20ft or less all day which is where the early season fluke are. Not a bad weekend Very Happy
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 5/26/2009, 10:43 pm

I fished and got skunked,, but I had so much fun.

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post  IRON LURES 5/27/2009, 5:51 pm

I did the bbq thing, kids b-day party, and some fishing. I brought the gf and a couple other newbies that wanted to give surfcasting a try. BIG MISTAKE! I let someone use my new loomis (didnt bring any beginner stuff) and of course he repeatedly reeled the swivel thru the rod tip and it broke. Also knotted the hell out of my 30 lb braid. On the plug side got a few between 28-32 inches on my lil neck poppers in 2 ft of water. Topwater strikes are the best.
IRON LURES
IRON LURES
SPONSOR
SPONSOR

Number of posts : 264

http://www.ironlures.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down