Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL????????

+29
rocstar21
Kevnmary
tauruck
surfstix1963
jolly t
shoretech
fish factor
striperslayer
wink_man
firebrat75
jfv1
NORMAN85
technologist
Wentfishn47
akozols
go4broke
Bobes
Jimmy Z
fingers
brianmullaney
mikeybonz
hdcycles
HandCarvedLures
REDBASS
T_i_G_e_R
naspinsz
jettyjunkie
AKScuba
fishincrazy
33 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL????????

Post  jolly t 9/14/2009, 5:34 pm

I will have to get my self sorted to posting pictures, but it is similar but actually called a sidewinder sand eel, the other thing also popular here is called a redgill, for drifting over a wreck for instance we would use a 5 metre hook length from the weight sink the lot to the bottom, then reel in slowly 20 to 40 turns of the reel and repeat until hopefully you get a take, from the shore we would use light spinning tackle and use the weight of the lure to cast with

jolly t

Number of posts : 7

http://arfs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL????????

Post  tauruck 9/14/2009, 7:22 pm

Those sidewinder eels look killer. Wish I could see a better pic though.
tauruck
tauruck

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post  wink_man 9/14/2009, 8:04 pm

Jolly,
Those sidewinders on the link look remarkably similiar to Tsunamis split tail minnow. Redgills are used here by surf fisherman in the know as a teaser, but are hard to come by around here(the guys that use them don't advertise it either, LOL).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
wink_man
wink_man

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 9/14/2009, 8:47 pm

Jolly so you ues these????

I like these alot Gulp sand eels.I fish em as a teaser usually with T-HEX metal!!!!!!!!

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 92223 FC

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jolly t 9/15/2009, 9:00 am

yes the redgills that you have pictured are one of the favourite lures and account for a lot of fish, they are easily obtainable over here, i am surprised that they are hard to come by over your way.

jolly t

Number of posts : 7

http://arfs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 9/15/2009, 10:33 am

they're not that hard to come by if you know where to look. :.......:
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 Empty Billy Hurley Lures

Post  fishincrazy 9/15/2009, 9:18 pm

Anybody ever use these????They look sick!!!!!
There Billy Hurley Lures

Check out this stuff it's awesome!!!!!!!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 92223 FC Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 92223

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 9/15/2009, 9:38 pm

OK.... THE DOA SPLIT TAIL GRUBS IN WHITE AND GLO IN THE DARK ARE THE BOMB!
rocstar21
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 9/16/2009, 9:08 am

D.O.A makes a killer shrimp cheers
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 9/16/2009, 11:31 am

I USE THE SHRIMP TOO Very Happy ......
rocstar21
rocstar21

Back to top Go down

Post  slamming snizz69 9/23/2009, 11:30 pm

1. Tiki Wave Worms
2. Vision surf eels
3. Vision sand eels
4. storm shads
5. slug-os
6. ronz
slamming snizz69
slamming snizz69

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 9/24/2009, 4:49 pm

slamming snizz69 wrote:1. Tiki Wave Worms LOVE IT
2. Vision surf eels LOVE IT
3. Vision sand eels LOVE IT
4. storm shads LOVE IT
5. slug-os LOVE IT
6. ronz
LOVE IT

Man great choices!!!I love em all!!!!You ever try thr gulp sand eel??????

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 560155 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 560155 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 560155 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 560155 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 560155

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  NeedFish 9/24/2009, 8:20 pm

My favorites are:

RonZ
Sluggo
small grub tail jig sold under the name "Joppa Jig" in some shops up here.

These three plastics are the only three I've ever been able to produce fish with for some odd reason, probably because theres been more small/slim profile bait than anything else in the spots I've been fishing.

NeedFish

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 9/25/2009, 1:18 am

NeedFish wrote:My favorites are:

RonZ
Sluggo
small grub tail jig sold under the name "Joppa Jig" in some shops up here.

These three plastics are the only three I've ever been able to produce fish with for some odd reason, probably because theres been more small/slim profile bait than anything else in the spots I've been fishing.

SWEET NEEDS I LOVE THOSE BAITS!!!I haven't fished the joppa can you post a pic of it????

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  slamming snizz69 9/26/2009, 4:15 pm

fishincrazy wrote:
slamming snizz69 wrote:1. Tiki Wave Worms LOVE IT
2. Vision surf eels LOVE IT
3. Vision sand eels LOVE IT
4. storm shads LOVE IT
5. slug-os LOVE IT
6. ronz
LOVE IT

Man great choices!!!I love em all!!!!You ever try thr gulp sand eel??????

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 560155 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 560155 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 560155 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 560155 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 560155

FC

IM not a fan of gulp! to lazy to take them of the hook when im done fishing so they dry up
slamming snizz69
slamming snizz69

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post  hdcycles 9/27/2009, 5:43 pm

I like Tsunami's. When the storms first came out I used them but I think there hooks are weak.
hdcycles
hdcycles

Number of posts : 30

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1102700317&ref

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 10/5/2009, 1:01 pm

I make my own. It's a hobby within a hobby!
Here's just some of mine.

I will Barter baits and make custom molds.
Husky
Husky

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 Empty BIG RED AWESOME 2X'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 10/5/2009, 2:28 pm

Husky wrote:I make my own. It's a hobby within a hobby!

Wow Husky those eels look awesome!!!!!!!!They would rock when the sand eel bits is on!!!!!How go you normally fish em on a jig or texas/carolina style????

That shad body looks like it would make alot of comotion in the water with that thumper tail!!!!AWESOME!!!!!

:you da man: :you da man: :you da man: :you da man: :you da man:

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 10/5/2009, 7:13 pm

fishincrazy wrote:

Wow Husky those eels look awesome!!!!!!!!They would rock when the sand eel bits is on!!!!!How go you normally fish em on a jig or texas/carolina style????

That shad body looks like it would make alot of comotion in the water with that thumper tail!!!!AWESOME!!!!!

FC
It can be rigged or fished with a jig head. Another twist is to use a circle hook, FC leader, hook through it's head run and that to an inline sinker. I fish them as they were bait.
Husky
Husky

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 10/5/2009, 10:48 pm

Husky wrote:
fishincrazy wrote:

FC
It can be rigged or fished with a jig head. Another twist is to use a circle hook, FC leader, hook through it's head run and that to an inline sinker. I fish them as they were bait.

Sp it would be a modified wackey rig like or you run it through the lips like an eel???

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Husky 10/6/2009, 12:22 am

fishincrazy wrote:
Husky wrote:
fishincrazy wrote:

FC

Sp it would be a modified wackey rig like or you run it through the lips like an eel???

FC
Rig them or Put them on a jig head or a method that was new to me but proved itself on "Flats Class" TV Show. The method calls for tying a Circle hook onto a leader of 18 - 24 inches, tie that to an inline sinker and tie your line to the sinker. Not only is this a very productive set up, it allows for safe and easy releases. Just don't set the hook.
Husky
Husky

Back to top Go down

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 Empty Look at this RUBBER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 10/11/2009, 8:00 pm

Husky sent me a care paqckage!!!!!Check this out!!!!! :you da man:

I can't wait to get out and try these out!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS A MILLION HUSKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 92223 FC Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 92223

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 10/11/2009, 10:02 pm

those look sweet! great deal husky! good luck throwing those baits fc! I know you'll put em in a fishes mouth!

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 962367 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 962367 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 962367 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 962367

:.......:
rocstar21
rocstar21

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 10/11/2009, 10:23 pm

rocstar21 wrote:those look sweet! great deal husky! good luck throwing those baits fc! I know you'll put em in a fishes mouth!

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 962367 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 962367 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 962367 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 3 962367

As long as I can get out!!!Havin some problems with my knee gotta go see the Dr and find out what I can do.

FC affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  fishpro 10/11/2009, 10:56 pm

fishincrazy wrote:
rocstar21 wrote:those look sweet! great deal husky! good luck throwing those baits fc! I know you'll put em in a fishes mouth!

As long as I can get out!!!Havin some problems with my knee gotta go see the Dr and find out what I can do.

FC affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Jim, you should give those to me as I will put them to good use :.......:
fishpro
fishpro
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 393

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next