Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL????????

+29
rocstar21
Kevnmary
tauruck
surfstix1963
jolly t
shoretech
fish factor
striperslayer
wink_man
firebrat75
jfv1
NORMAN85
technologist
Wentfishn47
akozols
go4broke
Bobes
Jimmy Z
fingers
brianmullaney
mikeybonz
hdcycles
HandCarvedLures
REDBASS
T_i_G_e_R
naspinsz
jettyjunkie
AKScuba
fishincrazy
33 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL????????

Post  Jimmy Z 3/6/2009, 6:29 am

Storm's. Tsunami's, Sluggo's, Fin-S', Ronzi's, Striper Magnet's, Gulp's, you name it, I used 'em or use 'em still. Not always, but at a spot or two the requires them. :)
Jimmy Z
Jimmy Z

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL????????

Post  fingers 3/6/2009, 12:40 pm

Fishing the creeks near me, i like to use a darker colored fin-s.

fingers

Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobes 3/6/2009, 4:46 pm

I like the regular storm shads, but have also had great success with the suspending shads...either the smaller 4" susspending shad in ghost, or the larger 6" suspending mullet. The past season I've taken a liking to Tsunami's pearl shads. Have a few sluggos rigged up as well, but haven't caught on them yet.

Bobes

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post  go4broke 3/6/2009, 5:08 pm

I throw the ones pictured above, storm?

unfortunately, I haven't caught anything on them yet. They swim cool though Very Happy

hooks seem kinda wimpy though
go4broke
go4broke

Number of posts : 285

http://bsplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  akozols 3/9/2009, 1:56 am

For the longest time, all I've ever used was a 6" white grub on a jighead. I catch stripers, blues, fluke, weakies on them. Day or night, it produces for me. I've tried pinkies, but never seemed to do well with them. I did pick up some Storm Shads at the OC Flea Market and will give them a shot.
akozols
akozols

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  hdcycles 3/9/2009, 7:44 am

Try the tsunami in pearl/spot.
hdcycles
hdcycles

Number of posts : 30

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1102700317&ref

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/9/2009, 2:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/9/2009, 3:13 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wentfishn47 3/11/2009, 12:35 am

Rigged slugs and swim shads!!!! Oh and I forgot Surf Hog pleasure sticks DJ Coast got me into them,Thanks Bud now get your butt back on the east coast :afro:

Wentfishn47

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  technologist 3/11/2009, 9:12 pm

zoom super flukes! Very Happy
technologist
technologist

Number of posts : 475

Back to top Go down

Post  NORMAN85 3/12/2009, 1:29 pm

Yum Dingers for me please
NORMAN85
NORMAN85
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 167

http://www.justin.tv/namron_

Back to top Go down

Post  jfv1 3/12/2009, 2:04 pm

I have had plenty of luck with pink finS in the great bay area. i started using storm shad pearl with dot last fall, now I loaded up on them. also picked up some of the black sluggos heard good things about them, only time will tell
jfv1
jfv1

Number of posts : 74

Back to top Go down

Post  firebrat75 3/16/2009, 12:57 am

haven't thrown much in this department yet, but I stocked up on some Storm Shads Pearl w/spot, got a 9" blue back tsunami to try out for the beginning of this season... got a whole variety of other stuff that I am going to try this year also... got some white BKD Bass Kandy that look really cool...hope to get some action on them as well... Even got some pink Fin-S to try under some bridges this year also!!

firebrat75

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 9/13/2009, 11:51 am

TTT What Rubber do you throw in the ?Fall? I love the gulp sand eel as a teaser how bout the rest of you????

Post up I wanna know!!!!!

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 FC Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wink_man 9/13/2009, 1:27 pm

I'm pretty much a fan of rubber, my 2 favorites are a 7 inch fin_s, and a 6 inch shad for stripers. In the spring(inside) I use the fin_s about 60% of the time, and a 6 inch shad in white pearl with spot about 40% of the time, but come fall(again inside) I use the 6 inch shad excludively, in golden bunker finish. I don't even carry any other lures with me in the fall.

I find the Tsunami shad vastly superior to the Storm shad. The storm shad has a very thin tail section, and tends to get torn off easily. More importantly, because it's so thin and flexible, it tends to get caught on the hook during the cast about 25% of the time, making for a lot of wasted retreives. I don't encounter any such problems with Tsunami shad.

And if the blues have already vacated, one Tsunami shad will last like forever. I caught 20 bass on this one last fall, all but one fish being a keeper I believe. I was so impressed I retired the shad and mounted it, LMAO.

wink_man
wink_man

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 9/13/2009, 5:41 pm

wink_man wrote:I'm pretty much a fan of rubber, my 2 favorites are a 7 inch fin_s, and a 6 inch shad for stripers. In the spring(inside) I use the fin_s about 60% of the time, and a 6 inch shad in white pearl with spot about 40% of the time, but come fall(again inside) I use the 6 inch shad excludively, in golden bunker finish. I don't even carry any other lures with me in the fall.

I find the Tsunami shad vastly superior to the Storm shad. The storm shad has a very thin tail section, and tends to get torn off easily. More importantly, because it's so thin and flexible, it tends to get caught on the hook during the cast about 25% of the time, making for a lot of wasted retreives. I don't encounter any such problems with Tsunami shad.

And if the blues have already vacated, one Tsunami shad will last like forever. I caught 20 bass on this one last fall, all but one fish being a keeper I believe. I was so impressed I retired the shad and mounted it, LMAO.

PLACE OF HONOR!!!!!!!!!!!!THATS COOL WINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223

FC

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  striperslayer 9/13/2009, 8:02 pm

6 or 7 inch storm shad in bunker with a red eye
striperslayer
striperslayer

Number of posts : 325

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 9/13/2009, 9:27 pm

Tsunami all the way any color 6inch and bigger cheers
also big fan of the berkley pre rigged 12 inch eels Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 962367
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 9/13/2009, 9:29 pm

fish factor wrote:Tsunami all the way any color 6inch and bigger cheers
also big fan of the berkley pre rigged 12 inch eels Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 962367

Haven't tried the eels yet!!Was usin real pre-rigged eels last year,Gotta try the Berkley!!!!Good post FF!!!!!!!!!!

Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 FC Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 9/13/2009, 9:50 pm

did pretty good in the rivers with those eels
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 9/13/2009, 9:53 pm

fish factor wrote:did pretty good in the rivers with those eels

I gotta pick some of those up!!!!Thanks FF!!!!! Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223

FC Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223 Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  shoretech 9/14/2009, 12:44 am

When a plug doesn't work time to put on a rubber!

shoretech

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post  jolly t 9/14/2009, 1:19 pm

over here in the uk sidewinder eels seem to be making a bit of a killing, havent noticed you chaps mention them, do you not have them over there or are they by a different name, they are much the same as shads but more thinner and streamilined

jolly t

Number of posts : 7

http://arfs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  surfstix1963 9/14/2009, 1:25 pm

I liked the storm shads 5"-6" but found that the tsunami shads out produce the storms for me.Don't know why but I use them now.

surfstix1963

Number of posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  fishincrazy 9/14/2009, 5:02 pm

jolly t wrote:over here in the uk sidewinder eels seem to be making a bit of a killing, havent noticed you chaps mention them, do you not have them over there or are they by a different name, they are much the same as shads but more thinner and streamilined

Jolly We have very similar products here.I looked at the sidwinders,how are you rigging them????These are what I was looking at just follow the link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Are these what you where talking about???

FC

BTW Cool post!!!!!! Who Throws Rubber?????What kind in the FALL???????? - Page 2 92223

fishincrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next