Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pogie boats in the upper bay

3 posters

Go down

Pogie boats in the upper bay Empty Pogie boats in the upper bay

Post  Vicious441 6/17/2009, 8:47 pm

Does anyone know the Name and Owner(company) of the Large Red Vessel
and The owner (company) The "Seahuntress" large green vessel.

please I need accurate legitimate information not just hearsay. If your afraid of reprisal rom posting it the public forum just PM or stay completely anonymous and send it to xtremefun441@hotmail.com. it will be greatly appreciatted!!

The BS one boat pulled on ~5 boats fishing in a small cover right near the hurricane barrier would make anyone puke. The a$$hat threaded the needle right between each boat dropped his net and scooped the bait, bass and all. I never wanted a grenade so bad in all my life. How and why they feel more entitled to the bait is ridiculous it makes no sense to me how the taxpaying Rhode Islander have less of a say on the usage of our bay then some commercial guys from out of state. Why don't the go rape their own waters.

They have done a number on the availablility of bait from Prudence Island all the way to the doorstep of the Hurricane barrier I find this absolutely unacceptable!! This is not comprimising with them, this is every fisherman taking right up the rump. From all the literature I have read from the December meeting in 2007 the waters North of the main bridges was ceded in a "gentlemans aggrement" It has now been broken and I think we should take the hardline to get it banned from the Bay period!!
I have had it and I plan to be the supreme super ***** to get som sort of action. They have completely trashed this season and Im far too pissed to lie dormant about.

If anyone has info they want to share, or experience with this please do as right now for me it is just wildfire and I need help concentrating my efforts to make the proper assault on the correct officials.

Vicious441

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Pogie boats in the upper bay Empty Re: Pogie boats in the upper bay

Post  whitey 6/17/2009, 8:59 pm

441 i was in stonington at the docks and there was a fleet of red/orange boats there ... i was with my oldman in his boat and we were in front of where rhm took me they were hugh close to shore we had the foam line from there boats that i think hickory shad were hanging under ...

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 6/17/2009, 9:03 pm

the boats i did see in the water were dark hull though i think i would have picked up on the red /orange

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Pogie boats in the upper bay Empty Vicous and Whitey

Post  islander 6/21/2009, 6:28 pm

Huntress ties up in either galilee or wickford red boat no clue ark maybe???? and techincily I understand your issue with what they did but coast guard law does state a fishing vessel with net in water does get right of way.. Sounds like they just want to be ignorant and push boundries of the law.... Whitey if you were over in Stonington the red boat was probly the gabby m she ties up in stoningtion... probly chasing fluke close in... The guys on the gabby are pretty cool guys... I know I am gonna get blasted for this but commercial guys have a right to the ocean just as nuch as we do... And really dont worry about it cause thanks to NMFS and NOAA and the other governng bodies you wont have the option of dealing with small guys much longer they are gonna put them out of business soon enough and al you will be dealing with is big money corparations with big money lawyers so when that happens we will all be screwed cause they will outlaw the rec guys all together so... and when they are done raping the sea like you have no idea or have never seen and its barren and empty they will take an insurance check on it and walk away leaving a grave yard like so much other industies they have destroyed...Sorry but thats the reality of it all but hey what do I know just A dumb white boy from Block Island whose whole family has been in the industry for a long time... My father still is and has come to grips with the fact he is bein forced out by the laws and bs....
islander
islander

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 6/22/2009, 8:04 am

thats it im importing some somolians lol!

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down