Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Yak Reports

5 posters

Go down

April Yak Reports Empty April Yak Reports

Post  Rick..stillcasting 4/6/2009, 12:40 am

tonight was the maiden voyage for Rebelmusic and I. The Barnaget Bay was a mirror,the weather was perfect for an inaugural dip of the yaks. We both had fish on, though neither one of us landed one. I came really close w/ Jon watching as I got the bass to my hand it got really annoyed doing a complete chicken dance in 4 seconds and got unbuttoned. I think it was 46".(22"-24").The lesson learned was one I forgot, which is for me a short leader is much more manageable. We believe the bunker were where we were displaying their quick little blips.We did see and hear some nice tail slaps. All in all a good night on the water with better nights yet to come. Play safe.

Last edited by Rick..stillcasting on 4/6/2009, 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Rick..stillcasting

Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

April Yak Reports Empty Re: April Yak Reports

Post  REDBASS 4/6/2009, 1:04 am

GOOD REPORT. GLAD TOO HERE YOU GUYS HAD A GREAT TRIP OUT. April Yak Reports 622665
REDBASS
REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  rebelmusicnp 4/6/2009, 9:23 am

my virgin kayak experience. great time out and nice to stumble into some breaking fish. my guess was bass and bunker mixed and they really turned on once the current started to run stronger. lost one on a crystal minnow and another on a pink zoom. woke up this morning with about 5 hours sleep and wasn't sore which was even better! only two slight scares when i was trying to wedge myself against structure to hold position and felt the yak tilt a little...the other was when i was snagged on the bottom of a channel and started to swing off into less than friendly areas. conditions were great.
rebelmusicnp
rebelmusicnp

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

April Yak Reports Empty BIG RED LETTERS!!!!!!

Post  fishincrazy 4/6/2009, 9:53 am

GOOD DEAL BOY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Bunker huh??? Sounds like it's gonna break soon!!!!!!!!

cheers FC cheers

fishincrazy

Number of posts : 3911

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 4/14/2009, 1:22 am

Jon aka Rebel and I went out 2nite,4/13, wind against the current,very mild out,little chop,, tonight we got exercise,, we know that magic nite will happen soon so this was just practise. Hows everyone else doing?

Rick..stillcasting

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick..stillcasting 4/17/2009, 9:19 am

went out last nite w/ rebel and a friend of his,, some nites the water is to calm, we had an outgoing tide,yaking under the stars,had great shadow lines, but not a single strike,heard a few pops maybe bunker, this skunk disorder stinks

Rick..stillcasting

Back to top Go down

Post  akozols 4/19/2009, 8:40 pm

Friday night/Sat am took the yak out for the maiden voyage of the 09 season. I ended up picking a spot that isn't my favorite, but since it's smaller water I figured it would be a good spot to get used to yakkin again. The spot is under a bridge, but is so far behind the island that there's not much current. Threw a jighead with white grub into the shadowlines. Had a few small bumps, I'm assuming they were herring. Fished the area for a few hours without any luck. Packed up the yak and headed to another bridge to fish on-foot.

Next week I'll hit my big water spot that has a few bridges, sod banks, and a few flats. Will report.
akozols
akozols

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down