Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent trip in the back and beach

3 posters

Go down

Recent trip in the back and beach Empty Recent trip in the back and beach

Post  CaptFrank 9/29/2012, 11:39 pm

Out in the back with Rich a few nights ago. We took his boat. Anchored under a bridge in hopes of catching some of the big splashes we'd been hearing while bridge hopping. Didn't happen. Rich managed 2 little Stripers, one of which only bit the worm and wouldn't let go, even when he lifted it to the boat. He also got a shorty Flounder. I managed a keeper Flounder. We ended up running around in the ICW looking for Bass, and we found a ton of them, but they had lock jaw regardless of what we threw at them. I finally managed a 22"er off the bottom on a bucktail. Called it a night soon there after due to frustration!

Today I hit the beach with my favorite sidekick, Chloe. We tried for Kingfish and anything else that might bite. We put out two rods with Bloodworms, and two others with Mullet. Chloe kicked my tail landing 7 Kingfish. I managed 1 and a half. The half came when I had my rod in a spike so I could bait Chloe up again. When I checked the rod it felt heavy, so in it came. It was the largest Kingie of the day, but only half of it. Put the remainder back out on a larger rod hoping the culprit would return to finish the job. Got a solid hit, but never hooked up. Action died soon there after. Hit another beach in hopes of finding some Mullet for the freezer and later use. Not a one to be found anywhere. Let Chloe drive down the beach and back which made for fun all around. Had a blast despite the lack of bigger fish action. The smile on her face while catching fish makes any day perfect.
Hitting the Tuckerton Decoy show tomorrow with both my girls and Rich and his girls. Should be a great time as always.

Tight Lines!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Rich with the worm biter that wouldn't let go.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Chloe with a few of her victims from the surf. Her favorite lunch!
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Recent trip in the back and beach Empty Re: Recent trip in the back and beach

Post  handyman 9/30/2012, 9:49 am

nice report capt.......damb! i got to get out there

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353