Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back Bay trip today

3 posters

Go down

Back Bay trip today Empty Back Bay trip today

Post  CaptFrank 9/2/2012, 4:48 pm

After I got back from my trip with Andy last night, I received a call from a kid. He wanted to charter me. I thought it was a prank call at first, but he was dead serious! So, I asked to speak with his Mom. She said he was in fact very serious, and loved to fish. So, today I had the pleasure of taking out Leighton and Auggie. We kicked around in the back bays using fluke balls and my Kingfish rigs. Baits were Mackeral, Clam, Squid, and smelly Shedder oiled chicken.
It was overcast and just breezy enough to keep it comfortable. Nice drifts too. The boys nailed a few small Sea Bass early on (I just can't escape the damn things!) and then we moved South to try for some Flounder on a favorite flat. After two uneventful drifts, Leighton hooked up with something nice. He finally fought it up to the boat and it was a beautiful Flounder (estimated about 21")! I went to grab the net and realized, I left it in my driveway (rocket scientist)! So, of course when I grabbed the leader, the Flattie spit the hook. Leighton asked if the catch counted since I had grabbed the leader? To which I replied, of course! Boat traffic picked up and made the drifts bouncy, so we headed over and anchored on a deep undercut sod bank in hopes of some Tog, Triggers, and those little buggers I can't get away from. It was all Sea Bass action, fast and furious, with one small Mother-in-Law (Oyster Cracker) tossed in. The boys had a good time, as did I. Leighton had some great stories regarding his Fly Fishing prowess and the cool places he'd been to. Lucky little dude! The boys have the right attitude to carry this sport on into the future, keep it up boys! Thanks again!

Tight Lines!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Back Bay trip today Empty Re: Back Bay trip today

Post  stevel 9/3/2012, 11:46 pm

Back Bay trip today 92223 Nice report as always
stevel
stevel