Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night fishing the Back Bays

3 posters

Go down

Night fishing the Back Bays Empty Night fishing the Back Bays

Post  CaptFrank 8/10/2012, 12:49 pm

Rich and I hit the bridges and docks last night. Fished the incoming tide. There were Peanut Bunker and Spearring everywhere, some Spot too. Our first 6 stops were devoid of life and things were looking poor. Then we headed South and things began to look up. Our first Southerly stop we found some Bass, along with gobs of bait, but we couldn't entice them to bite. While we were trying to get the Bass to bite, a Smooth Doggie sidled in and the Bass vanished. Has anyone else ever noticed this? When Doggies move it, everyone else takes off.
Anyway, we hit the next spot, a lighted dock, and there were Bass cruising the light. Bait was swimming around calm as could be. We each cast out beyond the lighted area and retrieved back through the shadow, and the fish vanished. Next three spots were either occupied or dead. Next we hit a favorite bridge. The best area was quiet, so we checked another area. Here we found bass in the shadow lines. I hooked up on my teaser, 4" pink Slug-go, and landed an 18" Bass. Nothing to brag about, but at least something to finally bend the rod! After setting him loose, the Bass action quieted, and the Bluefish barrage began. The were exploding all over the surface of the water. We tossed all sorts of plastics and metals at them, but they wouldn't bite. They'd nip the tails off the rubbers, and poke at the metals, but never bite them. Finally, Rich got one on one of the teaser fly's I make. I'm thinking if we had had some Peanuts we could've loaded up on them and had lots of good Flounder bait for the weekend (if it's not a total blow out). One last stop that is usually very productive, but was dead on this night. Called it a night and headed for home and bed.
Good to see all the bait around, things should only get better from here.

Tight Lines!
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Night fishing the Back Bays Empty Re: Night fishing the Back Bays

Post  Bluesfish 8/10/2012, 5:29 pm

Thanks for the great report Frank! At least yea got out and put in some quality time!!

Bluesfish fishing
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptFrank 8/10/2012, 9:04 pm

Thanks Jeff! Sounds like you'll be tearing it up South of the boarder soon. Hope you slay 'em!
CaptFrank
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffL 8/10/2012, 10:22 pm

Nice report as always.. Like how you don't half ass the reports like i do lol!
JeffL
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down