Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jig building time.....?

Go down

Jig building time.....? Empty Jig building time.....?

Post  Muskyslayer96 8/3/2012, 10:52 am

Hey fellas,

It's definitely time for me to start building some jigs to help me maintain consistency in my building process. I'm not well versed in these kinds of project as I am still very new to the building process.
I have looked via the search at a number of the cool jigs other builders have made and they have sparked some good ideas. I'm looking for some help at starting out, for example; can anyone help out with building a jig table for my new standing drill press? My thought is that with a drill press table that I can be sure is always square to the drill bit, I can build jigs for different plugs that can just "pop" in with dowels etc. and everything should be ready to go. Also a jig for cutting lip slots at different angles depending on plug type
I have already built one jig, for routering the slope heads on my plugs....but that is about it.

I know it's a pretty open question, just hoping it will get the topic flowing for the myself and some of the other newer builders. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide. I hope everyone's season is going well.

MS
Muskyslayer96
Muskyslayer96

Number of posts : 391

http://irishwhipesoxbaits.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down