Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

more testing

+2
FJR
stripercrazy
6 posters

Go down

more testing Empty more testing

Post  stripercrazy 1/18/2012, 7:37 pm

i pulled out a lefty2midslot and replaced the small salty surfster lip....looked grest on top and just under the surface,too fat to get down deeper.....i liked the actionmore testing 100_7355more testing 100_7354

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

more testing Empty charlie

Post  stripercrazy 1/18/2012, 7:39 pm

charlie i think you'll like these lips

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

more testing Empty bad

Post  stripercrazy 1/18/2012, 7:45 pm

still don't like this one pulled ou a a-lip from cctackle and put in a lefty1hight slot...no lead in belly it still didn't look good to wide a belly weight may help but i still think the lips not right its center sloted I wish it was center drilled so I can see the difference between the 2 bodys.....more testing 100_7356-1more testing 100_7358

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

more testing Empty Re: more testing

Post  FJR 1/18/2012, 8:46 pm

That's a lot of wood to move, maybe a bigger lip, like the largest surfster lip njt has will do the trick ???? Pm your addy and I'll send you one if you don't have one !!!!! I don't like the one's from salty at all. If you want some more let me know, you can have the one's I got, I'll never use them. I'll send them along also !!

The lip on the plug in the second photo looks good. Try putting a weight a little forward of center .
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey 1/18/2012, 10:44 pm

I bet instead of us looking at them and tring to make them swim .. Send it out lookin Effed up and i bet U nail fish popcorn

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. 1/19/2012, 7:07 pm

Great thread on spending time on testing plug prototypes Eddie. Thank You for posting.
I like the body on those plugs and can't wait till they swim their way to their new home in PA more testing 56958 more testing 56958
I'm like you, not keep on Salty's surfster lips. I need some more of NJ Tackles smallest surfster lips.
Unless someone wants to make me up some spoon lips to fit my swimmers Very Happy

Eddie I have a few sizes of the NJ Tackle surfster lips like Frank has, if you want to try them Pm me and I'll send them up to you more testing 92223
Charlie G.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1648

Back to top Go down

more testing Empty thanks guys

Post  stripercrazy 1/19/2012, 8:46 pm

thanks, frank I'll trade ya for them Very Happy i got lips but allways could go for more........charlie you need a few small nj i may have some...i was back testing trying different size salty lips 8 inch and 9 inch bodys...charlie i left a little wood behind the lip to keep a angle so the lip ain't 90 degrees 8 inch body is 2.8oz 9 inch is 4.2more testing 100_7364

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

more testing Empty testing

Post  stripercrazy 1/19/2012, 8:47 pm

more testing 100_7363

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

more testing Empty testing

Post  stripercrazy 1/19/2012, 8:58 pm

after swimming them today they have a tight wiggle but don't swim 100% of the time at a slow speed they look good but speed it up it they plane left or right and stop wiggleing....i'm thinking its a weight thing(it has no weight)I don't want to kill the action....i'm thinking of a weight behind the hook to keep the lip working or smaller lip?time will tell.......wondering what the difference a weight in the middle or a weight behind the hook what difference it would make. because it a tight action i'm thinking chin weighting won't help...looking to keep it tight for the canal paint them like a mac

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  ccl477 1/20/2012, 6:57 pm

? JUST BEND THE LIP A BIT WHEN YOU ARE SWIMMING THEM AT THE CANAL IT WORKS FOR ME. ( POPPY ) A OLD DITCH RAT HERE IN WMASS. :fi more testing 622665

ccl477

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 1/20/2012, 7:34 pm

say stripercrazy.......im looking at the pic and im not sure but the lip slot is way above the eye......unless the pic makes it deseaving.........if the cut out for the lip slot is not centered with the eyes chances are the plug might perform like you say........try dropping the lip down so that slot is centered with the eye........lip is sitting to high..........just something to play around with......just cut another slot lower and give that a shot

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

more testing Empty yes high lip slot

Post  stripercrazy 1/22/2012, 1:30 am

there centered drilled, slotted above center....or close i did it by eye......i was trying to see what the nj style plugs i see being build work like i've never used one this is all charlies fault lol

stripercrazy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down