Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boat Safety Certificate

2 posters

Go down

Boat Safety Certificate Empty Boat Safety Certificate

Post  126andy 10/23/2011, 4:10 pm

Just looking for some opinions and thoughts on this.
Here are the guide lines for needing a boaters safety certificate in New York. Am I reading this right that a certificate is not needed if you are over 18? The way I read it is that if you are over 18 and want to operate a pwc (jetski) then you need a certificate. Kayaks fall into the canoe category and no certificate is needed, they just have to be registered if they have any kind of motor on them.

New York Boating Laws and Regulations
The New York boating safety certificate is proof that a boater has taken and passed an approved boater education course. The New York Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation currently has a mandatory boater education requirement requiring all boaters between 10 and 18 years of age who operate a motorboat and for all persons 14 years of age and older who operate a PWC to have the New York boating license on board when the vessel is underway to satisfy the New York boating regulations.

I believe that I am reading this right. I personally wouldn't write anyone over 18 that didn't have the certificate based on the above section.
126andy
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Boat Safety Certificate Empty Re: Boat Safety Certificate

Post  Oldsalts 10/23/2011, 5:21 pm

Yep thats the way i read it also ....!!!!
Oldsalts
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down