Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Musky on custom wood of the year

+9
Fish Stick Lures
fish factor
FJR
Murphthesurf
stevel
fishing75
old man
MarkC
Muskyslayer96
13 posters

Go down

First Musky on custom wood of the year  Empty First Musky on custom wood of the year

Post  Muskyslayer96 5/7/2011, 2:04 pm

Hey guys,

I assume this won't count for a trophy but I wanted to share. The season opened this morning in WI. The first time I have been able to test any of my new plugs with hooks on them, so I went to the river to tune the new baits up. First cast with my new custom "Bluestreak" flaptail and bang
A gentleman that lives across the street from the river came over when I pulled up and was inquiring about the baits,"never seen any like that before", so I explained that I make them, casted out and bang.
Now mind you, no tape, no net, nothing but plieres to the tune baits. He runs across the street and gets a net and brought a tape as well. Laneded, measured but my camera phone locked up
A gentleman walking by took the pic with his phone...no measurement photo, I just wanted to get her back in the water.

43 inches and fat, first cast....the bait runs great, and so did all the others I tested. Damn good morning.

Buy the way the blood is mine, hard to land a nice musky from shore with little equipment

I hope everyone is having a great season opener

MS

First Musky on custom wood of the year  0507110713a95381424-1
First Musky on custom wood of the year  Download-3
Muskyslayer96
Muskyslayer96

Number of posts : 391

http://irishwhipesoxbaits.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

First Musky on custom wood of the year  Empty Re: First Musky on custom wood of the year

Post  MarkC 5/7/2011, 2:54 pm

Outstanding result mate very well done , Thats a trophy in anybodys book
MarkC
MarkC

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

First Musky on custom wood of the year  Empty .....toothy critter by golly !!!!

Post  old man 5/7/2011, 3:11 pm

...nice going

...on one of your own ... can't beat that deal !!!

Old Man aka Bob

old man
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

First Musky on custom wood of the year  Empty Re: First Musky on custom wood of the year

Post  fishing75 5/7/2011, 4:08 pm

Awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!! that has got to be a great feeling. i hope my plugs give me the same result on tuesday when i go out for the first time this year.

fishing75

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post  Muskyslayer96 5/7/2011, 4:14 pm

Thanks guys,

Stevel,
I hope you get to see this post, The surfster I made (my first), with your beautiful work on the end of it had a nice Musky swipe at shore as well. Surfster swims awesome after a little tuning. I love it, thanks again for the tails First Musky on custom wood of the year  962367

heres a couple of poses with it (don't mind the dust from swimming her today)
Very Happy

MS
First Musky on custom wood of the year  Download1-1
First Musky on custom wood of the year  Download3-3
Muskyslayer96
Muskyslayer96

Number of posts : 391

http://irishwhipesoxbaits.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 5/7/2011, 9:13 pm

MIKE awsome job with that fish... wow wow wow ...thats a beauty...on your lure is sweeeeeeeeeeeter...congrats... First Musky on custom wood of the year  92223

your lures look great...glad you like the tails ...like to see one stuck in a muskys mouth....trade with you anytime..... First Musky on custom wood of the year  870783
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf 5/7/2011, 9:22 pm

wow What ever happened to " The fish of a thousand casts " ?? Great Job!!
Murphthesurf
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  fishing75 5/8/2011, 6:35 am

Murphthesurf wrote: wow What ever happened to " The fish of a thousand casts " ?? Great Job!!

Good point John. First cast and a 43 inch musky is amazing!

fishing75

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR 5/8/2011, 7:48 am

That's the way to go cheers What a thrill !!!
FJR
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  fish factor 5/8/2011, 9:37 am

man thats awesome your one lucky man !!!!!
fish factor
fish factor
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2092

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Stick Lures 5/9/2011, 10:25 am

Great story. Amazing fish. Killer plug. First Musky on custom wood of the year  560155 First Musky on custom wood of the year  560155 First Musky on custom wood of the year  560155 First Musky on custom wood of the year  560155

Fish Stick Lures

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman 5/9/2011, 9:17 pm

nice catch...........that thing is so big remind me of a gator..............your a brave man.................i never caught one of those.........wada trophy.......good job

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesfish 5/11/2011, 6:29 am

Frickin Awsome fish Mike!!!!!!Congrats!!!!!

Bluesfish First Musky on custom wood of the year  870783
Bluesfish
Bluesfish
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevnmary 5/11/2011, 1:22 pm

That is an awesome fish to catch from the shore. Congrats and to do it on a homemade plug even better, BRAVO.
First Musky on custom wood of the year  560155 First Musky on custom wood of the year  560155
Kevnmary
Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  eurojett05 5/11/2011, 3:29 pm

nice catch MS....... First Musky on custom wood of the year  560155
eurojett05
eurojett05

Number of posts : 2453

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down