Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11/6 Fish Hawk Report

4 posters

Go down

11/6 Fish Hawk Report Empty 11/6 Fish Hawk Report

Post  Fish Hawk 11/8/2010, 9:12 pm

Knew it was going to be sporty this weekend with 10-15 out the Nw. Had a buddy come down with us to enjoy some typical delaware bay striper fishing weather. Left joes early saturday morning and headed out a few miles off the beach. Setup in 20 ft of water with the incoming tide. Had a new moon so the current was moving pretty good and had use somewhat sitting straight. Although the Nw blow was sustained we managed to catch. First up Riss showed both matt and my self how its done with a 39" bass. Shortly after she gets another - twin 39". Thats it she was done too cold for her :king: The tide started flood out, and action was slow. We had a few runs and taps but nothing was committed. As the boat started to swing my buddy matt gets hooked up with his first bass of the fall. 37.5" hits the deck.Not bad. Next is 29" and hes got his limit.
11/6 Fish Hawk Report DSC00065

I jokingly said to him that I would claim that 29" was mine and the next big one would be his. The tide switched to the outgoing and action was slow. I think we had two misses on a runs. Just as things were starting to look grim for me, and the day was about to come to an end, I get hooked up with something big. Drag is peeling and current was running pretty hard. I said to matt that I think its more current on the end of the line than a fish. Well I was wrong. Bring the beast boatside and its a nice 44" bass. One scoop with the net and she is landed. Stayed for most of the outgoing but it was dead. Headed back in around 3ish with 5 bass up to 30lbs. I know have a new personal record of 30lbs. Took me a while to break out of the 20's but I did cheers

11/6 Fish Hawk Report DSC00063

All fish except for the 29 had sea lice on them. I think this upcoming weekend is going to be even better!!
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

11/6 Fish Hawk Report Empty Re: 11/6 Fish Hawk Report

Post  lagerhelps 11/8/2010, 10:26 pm

Great report way to get on the fish. If they get fresh for Wed. I think I'll be out a lot this weekend. Off wed night and don't go back to Mon night. Very Happy

lagerhelps

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel 11/8/2010, 10:40 pm

awsome report tom...you guys and riss had a bassin good time... cool
congrats on the personal best.....welcome to the 30lb club..... 11/6 Fish Hawk Report 962367 cheers 11/6 Fish Hawk Report 962367 cheers
stevel
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5196

Back to top Go down

Post  liveforfishing 11/9/2010, 1:51 am

Outstanding Tom and Riss!!!!! It busted loose on Wednesday and is looking like a great season is shaping up. If we can only get this weather to shape up there should be some great fishing. I missed Wed and was gonna go Thurs before I headed to FL for the weekend with Cobia Keith, but got rained out. I was gonna go tomorrow, but looks like a blow out, maybe Wed if mother nature allows. You can bet your bottom dollar I am going to be out their all weekend looking for the large. Congrats on setting a new mark. Give me a call if you are out this weekend.
liveforfishing
liveforfishing

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down