Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....
Striped Bass Obsession
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fish Hawk report 10/23-10/24

4 posters

Go down

Fish Hawk report 10/23-10/24 Empty Fish Hawk report 10/23-10/24

Post  Fish Hawk 10/25/2010, 5:21 pm

Didnt realize that it had been blowing almost all of last week. Made it tuff for the netters to set/tend their nets. Also, we never do well on the full moon when we bass. Ignoring those two peices of information we made a go of it anyway. Left joes early sat morning with some what fresh bunker and setup close to the beach. Tried to anchor up but just was not getting a get hold. Made a move out towards deeper water and softer bottom. The w*nd was blowing hard out of the sw and throwing the boat all over the place which didnt make it any easier.
After a few hours of getting beat up and frustated called it quits. I was using maybe a 4lb anchor with 12ft of 1/2 heavy chain and it wasnt doing squat. Back to the dock around 11. Got a 13lb anchor and went back out later that evening for a few hours before dark. Setup close to the beach for the last of the outgoing. Had 3 short run offs but no hook ups. Back to the dock before dark with the skunk wow

Sunday- With saturdays results, sunday was redemtion day...or atleast we thought. On the water by 630 hiked it all the way over to blakes channel on the del side and chunked. Got eaten up by crabs. Sat there for a hour or so and my buddy lets me know hes got 3 in the box 2 over 40"...WTF!!!! Figured move back to Nj side and setup by him. Get there and setup maybe 100yards west of him and nothing but crabs. Watched as he pulled in a few monster fish. Ran back to the dock around 11 to let the dog goto the bathroom and pick up more bait. Setup Sw of my buddy about 1 mile or so and picked up two shorts. He called us up just as he was about to pull anchor and offered his spot. Yes, i made the mistake of "never leave fish for fish". But he was on them good. Arrived at his location and nothing but crabs Embarassed It happens popcorn

On a brigther and better note, our new black lab pup "jack" is quite the boat dog. He had no problem in the sloppy seas, or being on the boat. He loved it. At first he was unsure, but by the end of the weekend he was hoping in and out of the boat no problem. Also he was introduced to his first two bass. And, he has aquired a test for "bunker" cheers Everytime i would cut up a bait and turn my back he was there stealing it off the table. Or licking up the guts and or blood. Should of named him "Bunker" lol. Heres to next time Fish Hawk report 10/23-10/24 962367
Fish Hawk
Fish Hawk

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Fish Hawk report 10/23-10/24 Empty Re: Fish Hawk report 10/23-10/24

Post  lagerhelps 10/25/2010, 5:38 pm

Its definitely early but at least its getting started. Hopefully the bait situation gets better. I would have fished Sunday but Sat afternoon was told that it would be tough all over to find bait so sat out Sun. I would have had a 2 man slot limit on Sat. Tough throwing that meat back. Thanks for the report better days are to come.

lagerhelps

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  erickoch 10/25/2010, 10:21 pm

thanks for the report. ill be down the fort all this weekend. should be able to get out both days. will do whatever we need to get bait. hopefully the boats will be out thursday and friday getting bunker. will report back next week.
erickoch
erickoch

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post  liveforfishing 10/25/2010, 11:25 pm

Tom, don't feel bad, got skunked in the upper on Sat and skunked in the lower on Sun. We'll find em, should be red hot this weekend and hopefully the crabs will be gone.
liveforfishing
liveforfishing

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down